Jacky And Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah and everyone - thank you for all the birthday wishes. My mum and I had a nice time, though we didn't go to Torquay because of the bad weather - my mum even put the heating on for an hour in the evening, as it was so cold ! Today was very similar, but tomorrow we have to go to Barnstaple on Dartmoor to get some more radicchio for me, whatever the weather is like !!
I had some lovely cards and emails from friends, and a special present of two large glittery tortoises (not real ones) on rings, which my dad has fixed up in my conservatory.
I am very tired today, and was glad of a very long stroke from my mum, which sent me to sleep. Lots of love to everyone from Zola xxxxxxxx

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Good evening everyone!

Just a quick note to say I have been very busy today. I pretended not to eat whilst I was out today so I don't know why Natrah's talking about a hole in the lettuce! Anyway I went charging through the food bowl and the bucket to get close to my 'friend'. I'm pleased Zola enjoyed his birthday.

Goodnight everyone

Jacky, Angel Daisy and Natrah IMG20240710215908.jpg

zolasmum

5 Year Member
So my dad phoned the radicchio place, and was told they had just arrived this morning, and so we hurried off as soon as possible, as they are closed in the afternoon.It is a long way, but a lot of it is really pretty - the roads tend to be very narrow and twisty, with tall hedges and trees either side, and it is often difficult to see if the road is clear - also, we had to go a much longer way, because of road works. Anyway, we finally got there in time, and my friend John had 4 very large radicchios in a wooden box with the information on it in Italian waiting for me !
Then we headed back, with my dad doing some other bits of shopping on the way - we were all tired when we finally got home.,much later than expected. My mum gave me a special stroke, as I had been such a good boy in the car- no pees or other presents !
I hope you all have had a good day.
Love to all my forum friends from Zola xxxxxxxxxx

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Dickie ventured out today & ate a bit more than yesterday. She went back in her box mid afternoon just when the sun appeared! We were both out today so not at home to encourage more eating but she ate most of what I left for her in the morning & left a dried up wet present on her food mat 😁
We have a trail camera recording in the garden to see what visitors we have from teatime onwards overnight until early morning. So far it has recorded what I had already suspected, a rat about 4 times, cheekily even in daytime (hopefully the same one & not different ones 😟) a few hedgehogs & a cat. It also picks up George before he is in for the night. He is aware of the rat & sits watching & waiting. He would be more concerned to know another cat visits too funnily enough in same part of the garden where the rat appears so they obviously know. Hmmm …. what to do about the rat ( which is quite cute actually) 🤔 Hope it’s not female

Goodnight everyone

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
My mum gave me a special stroke, as I had been such a good boy in the car- no pees or other presents !
Good morning Zola and everyone else!

I always sleep in the car in my carrier. I don't usually pee or poop in the carrier (or my hides), but once I peed in the carrier and my servant didn't appreciate cleaning it up!

My servant wanted to share this photo she took of Niilo climbing their hide the other night. Do you like climbing Gary?

20240709_171946.jpg

Edward :tort:

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Edward - on my (and your) birthday, my mum went to look out of the porch of the house, to see if it was raining- her bedroom window is next to the porch, and ,on the white window frame, she saw a very large and elegant dark brown snail heading downwards over the sill of the frame. It was lovely - she thought about Niilo and Gary, and said maybe they had sent him to wish us a happy birthday! When we looked later, he had vanished.
Love from Zola

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

I always sleep in the car in my carrier. I don't usually pee or poop in the carrier (or my hides), but once I peed in the carrier and my servant didn't appreciate cleaning it up!

My servant wanted to share this photo she took of Niilo climbing their hide the other night. Do you like climbing Gary?

View attachment 373927

Dear Niilo,

Yes, I like climbing all over the place!!! 😍
Sometimes I climb so fast that when my mom turns around I’m zipping off into another spot..AND CANT BE FOUND!!
My mom worries because she is afraid of throwing out my food dish in case I’m still on it! (She did that once!)
I had a lovely talk with a fish head in the garbage bin until mom came and found me.
See if you can find me!! 😝😉

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

View attachment 373927

Dear Niilo,

Yes, I like climbing all over the place!!! 😍
Sometimes I climb so fast that when my mom turns around I’m zipping off into another spot..AND CANT BE FOUND!!
My mom worries because she is afraid of throwing out my food dish in case I’m still on it! (She did that once!)
I had a lovely talk with a fish head in the garbage bin until mom came and found me.
See if you can find me!! 😝😉

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Here I am Jacky!!!!
Clear as day!!!
Boy, maybe you guys need MY eyes to see me.??? 😝
I miss all of you very much
and I am STILL awaiting some of Zolas birthday cake! 😃
I hope her mom was feeling better to celebrate?
If not mom says we are to go visit her on a vacation and take care of her till she is all better. I can squirm all over her head and and maybe lick off some of her headaches.?
Either way, I’m up for a trip!
Mom says, she canny afford any plane rides right now.
I say… “hold on Angie! I’m comin’ MYSELF!”

🐌❤️🙏🐢 slurp!

P.s. and I’m bringing squirt!!! 🐢
We are BOTH gonna jump on Sally’s back and away we gooooo!!!!!!
Sloooow down ya ginormous mushroom!!
Some of us don’t have any hands to hold on!!! 🐌 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

❤️Gary. 🐌

Attachments

• IMG_7107.jpeg
    IMG_7107.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted for a while but I've been very busy with this extra pupils. On Thursday my grade 8 pupil from last year started back for the summer and on Wednesday my grade 6 pupil is coming back. I feel honoured that I have inspired them to come back. Zola your presents sound lovely and I am still looking to replace the second tortoise ornament that was lost in storage. In the old house the two ornaments used to adorn opposite ends of the fireplace. One represented Jacky and the other Daisy. I bought to replace Jacky's ornament and it is in her room on the chest of drawers opposite the Pet Carrier so I am looking for one to replace Daisy's which I will put on top of the enclosure.

Edward how are your bladder stones? Dickie did you eat today because Jacky didn't and I think it was because she was too cold.

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy

MaNaAk

Southend
Sorry everyone!

This is the second time a message didn't post.

Hope it's not too to wish everyone goodnight

Natrah and Jacky

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Hello everyone,

Unfortunately I had some trouble pooping on Friday and I was trying to scratch my tail. My servant was really worried and made me have a second drowning session. Even after I finally pooped, she has been giving me some mineral oil, just in case sometimes is stuck. She is glad I stopped the scratching though.

You can read the whole saga and dilemma here: https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/help-weird-pooping-behaviour.216620/ I am all normal again, but my servant is debating on getting a x-ray-

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
….. Dickie did you eat today because Jacky didn't and I think it was because she was too cold.

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy
Dickie did eat as it wasn’t cold here yesterday but was cloudy. Not eating lots though.
Today the same but it isn’t very warm. Think it’s going to improve from tomorrow? Hope so can’t get my washing dry. Tumble dryer needs a new motor which is on order.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Here I am Jacky!!!!
Clear as day!!!
Boy, maybe you guys need MY eyes to see me.??? 😝
I miss all of you very much
and I am STILL awaiting some of Zolas birthday cake! 😃
I hope her mom was feeling better to celebrate?
If not mom says we are to go visit her on a vacation and take care of her till she is all better. I can squirm all over her head and and maybe lick off some of her headaches.?
Either way, I’m up for a trip!
Mom says, she canny afford any plane rides right now.
I say… “hold on Angie! I’m comin’ MYSELF!”

🐌❤️🙏🐢 slurp!

P.s. and I’m bringing squirt!!! 🐢
We are BOTH gonna jump on Sally’s back and away we gooooo!!!!!!
Sloooow down ya ginormous mushroom!!
Some of us don’t have any hands to hold on!!! 🐌 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

❤️Gary. 🐌
Dear Gary - it would be lovely to see you, and I'm sure having you lick my head would be really good for my headaches - however, I'm a very long way away from you. Hey, I've just remembered that Zola is very good at flying a broomstick! Perhaps he could fetch you and Squirt - not your mom, though, as she would be a bit too heavy. Then when you have cured my head, he could fly you back - and perhaps Chef would like to give him a cuddle and a kiss as a reward, before he comes back to me !
What do you think ?
Love from Angie xxxxx
halloween1-small.jpg