Pholter21

Location (City and/or State)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Hello,
I’m looking for recommendations for tortoise breeders in the United States. I’m from Minnesota but am unable to find a breeder anywhere remotely close to me. I’m still not 100% sure on the species of tortoise I’m planning on getting yet, but looking into Russians and Hermanns (as I’m located in a cold area so I’ll have to have them indoors most of the year). Thank you for any advice in advanced! Also- I’m still doing research so any tips you wish you knew when you were a beginner would be nice :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Both of those species would be a great choice for you. Here is the care info:

I highly recommend @Carol S for Russians based on previous experience buying from her. Try @TylerStewart at tortoisesupply.com for hermanni.

Jessica Yue

Fremont, CA
PetSmart has Russian juvenile almost in every store. Sometimes it will have Herman or Greek Juvenile. The price is low(120-130 dollars for a Juvenile) due to they are wild caught and imported. If you want to buy a baby, you need to buy from a breeder and price will be relatively higher

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Check out Tortstork

lmichaels_22

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Olympia, WA
Hello,
I’m looking for recommendations for tortoise breeders in the United States. I’m from Minnesota but am unable to find a breeder anywhere remotely close to me. I’m still not 100% sure on the species of tortoise I’m planning on getting yet, but looking into Russians and Hermanns (as I’m located in a cold area so I’ll have to have them indoors most of the year). Thank you for any advice in advanced! Also- I’m still doing research so any tips you wish you knew when you were a beginner would be nice :)
Hello,
Garden State Tortoise, try Chris. He is in NJ and dose an awesome job!