Looking to adopt a small tortoise

janschlo

Location (City and/or State)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Hi! My names Chloe and I live in Green Bay, Wisconsin. I am looking for a tortoise to raise and love. I already have one tortoise, his name is Shelldon and he is a Russian Teacup Tortoise. He's about 5 years old and he's starting to get really lonely. He continues to run into the class of his terrarium because I think he thinks his reflection is another tortoise, which is making me really sad. Me and my mom have been talking about getting another one for him to have for company but I don't know where or who to get one from and I would feel better adopting one than buying one from a pet store.
If anyone in or close to the Green Bay has a small tortoise that they are looking to give away, I am very interested and would be happy to take care of. I of course understand that tortoises can be expensive and would be happy to pay.
Thanks, Chloe

xMario

Germany
Hi! My names Chloe and I live in Green Bay, Wisconsin. I am looking for a tortoise to raise and love. I already have one tortoise, his name is Shelldon and he is a Russian Teacup Tortoise. He's about 5 years old and he's starting to get really lonely. He continues to run into the class of his terrarium because I think he thinks his reflection is another tortoise, which is making me really sad. Me and my mom have been talking about getting another one for him to have for company but I don't know where or who to get one from and I would feel better adopting one than buying one from a pet store.
If anyone in or close to the Green Bay has a small tortoise that they are looking to give away, I am very interested and would be happy to take care of. I of course understand that tortoises can be expensive and would be happy to pay.
Thanks, Chloe
Dont do it. Tortoises dont need a companion. They will bully each other.
If ur tortoise always walks into the walls there's something wrong with ur setup and if its glass tortoises dont understand glass and think they can walk through
Dont get a companion!

janschlo

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Dont do it. Tortoises dont need a companion. They will bully each other.
If ur tortoise always walks into the walls there's something wrong with ur setup and if its glass tortoises dont understand glass and think they can walk through
Dont get a companion!

Okay, I didn't know that. I guess I should have looked more into it. Thank you!

xMario

Germany
A picture of ur setup would be nice for further help

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ya just gotta' laugh and the crazy names sellers give their tortoises to try to get people to buy them. There is no such thing as a Russian Teacup Tortoise. There's a Russian tortoise, and that's all. It's a small species and quite lovable. It is also very aggressive towards other tortoises, so if you want to get another one, you need to have a whole other enclosure for it. They will fight to the death.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I forgot to say, "Welcome to the Forum!!" We're happy to have you here. Please be sure to read our care sheet for Russian tortoises. You'll find it pinned at the top of our Russian section.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Welcome to the forum. Your Tort is probably running into the glass trying to ram the other Tort he's seeing to tell him "Get out of my territory"!