Moderator Nominations

domalle

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Putin_zpsouksdv54.jpg

For your enjoyment:)
This would be sure to take top prize in the calendar contest.

Prairie Mom

My skin isn't thick enough, but thank you so much for thinking of me, Jacqui!:D

I've agreed with a lot of nominations. I want to second a few of them and also throw out a few names for others to think about...

-I really think @Turtulas-Len should be seriously considered. He will patiently explain requested info and has been open to me asking him questions through PMs
- @Tidgy's Dad. He is all over every inch of this forum. I could never keep up. I also think he does go out of his way to make people feel welcome and pass on good info.
- @leigti always seems really knowledgeable and I've seen her act really diplomatically in threads
- @Yellow Turtle01 is also all over the forum and already seems to get along with many of the admins
@Anyfoot -Keeps his nose clean and obviously has a passion for these beasties
@N2TORTS - has lots of experience as a breeder etc and I do think experience and knowledge is helpful for an admin
@lismar79 -Really knows her stuff, has housed her tortoises successfully a variety of ways, and patiently works with newbies
@4jean ,@Moozillion, and @Careym13 have all stood out to me as being kind and supportive of new members. I could see each of them doing a good job acting as a neutral party.
-------------
@Lyn W , @bouaboua , and @ZEROPILOT it's a shame the three of you have declined, because you also came to my mind as good candidates.:D

Nephelle

Location (City and/or State)
Pittsburgh, PA
In the weeks as a brand new member (and having never read the forums before I joined), I have found the following people (non-mods) to be incredibly active, supportive, fun and easy to interact with.

@Tidgy's Dad - I think Adam was one of the first to greet me to the forums, is always liking my posts and I enjoy his humor. I felt from the start that he would be a neat person to know, with or without tortoise topics. Because this is a social network as well as an information hub, I think his activity and openness towards new members is awesome. He made me feel included from day one, and now I won't go away!

@PrairieMom - Thick skin or no, she is my kinda lady to talk to! I see her pop up all over with encouraging words and fun projects. I think she would make an awesome and active addition.

@Tom - I know he already turned it down, and I appreciate his reasons why...but just as a shout out!

@ascott - Angela was up late the night I was having a complete meltdown, thinking my new baby was sick. She was supportive, helpful, and most of all calming. I have seen her again and again in "help me" threads demonstrating this same nature to new and panicked owners. Because this forum gets so many of these types of posts, I feel she would be a perfect match.

@leigti - Super helpful and replies quickly to my questions in a clear manner that makes navigating advice easy!

---- To follow this up, I have been here only a short while and have interacted with only a fraction of the population. EVERYONE I have encountered in my posts has been awesome, Mods and non-mods alike, and I appreciate you all :<3:

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
My skin isn't thick enough, but thank you so much for thinking of me, Jacqui!:D

I've agreed with a lot of nominations. I want to second a few of them and also throw out a few names for others to think about...

-I really think @Turtulas-Len should be seriously considered. He will patiently explain requested info and has been open to me asking him questions through PMs
- @Tidgy's Dad. He is all over every inch of this forum. I could never keep up. I also think he does go out of his way to make people feel welcome and pass on good info.
- @leigti always seems really knowledgeable and I've seen her act really diplomatically in threads
- @Yellow Turtle01 is also all over the forum and already seems to get along with many of the admins
@Anyfoot -Keeps his nose clean and obviously has a passion for these beasties
@N2TORTS - has lots of experience as a breeder etc and I do think experience and knowledge is helpful for an admin
@lismar79 -Really knows her stuff, has housed her tortoises successfully a variety of ways, and patiently works with newbies
@4jean ,@Moozillion, and @Careym13 have all stood out to me as being kind and supportive of new members. I could see each of them doing a good job acting as a neutral party.
-------------
@Lyn W , @bouaboua , and @ZEROPILOT it's a shame the three of you have declined, because you also came to my mind as good candidates.:D
Thank you for the kind words!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
In the weeks as a brand new member (and having never read the forums before I joined), I have found the following people (non-mods) to be incredibly active, supportive, fun and easy to interact with.

@Tidgy's Dad - I think Adam was one of the first to greet me to the forums, is always liking my posts and I enjoy his humor. I felt from the start that he would be a neat person to know, with or without tortoise topics. Because this is a social network as well as an information hub, I think his activity and openness towards new members is awesome. He made me feel included from day one, and now I won't go away!

@PrairieMom - Thick skin or no, she is my kinda lady to talk to! I see her pop up all over with encouraging words and fun projects. I think she would make an awesome and active addition.

@Tom - I know he already turned it down, and I appreciate his reasons why...but just as a shout out!

@ascott - Angela was up late the night I was having a complete meltdown, thinking my new baby was sick. She was supportive, helpful, and most of all calming. I have seen her again and again in "help me" threads demonstrating this same nature to new and panicked owners. Because this forum gets so many of these types of posts, I feel she would be a perfect match.

@leigti - Super helpful and replies quickly to my questions in a clear manner that makes navigating advice easy!

---- To follow this up, I have been here only a short while and have interacted with only a fraction of the population. EVERYONE I have encountered in my posts has been awesome, Mods and non-mods alike, and I appreciate you all :<3:

Kind words and thank you. How is your tort doing dear?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I would vote for Ken and Steven . I know little Nick would love to be a mod .
You are too kind Mike.

I still have lots to learn and give me few year and I may able to take on this challenge.