My new Galapagos

Gerards

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I picked up the first one a couple weeks ago. I haven't thought of a name yet, maybe after I get the second one I will have better ideas. This little guy is the coolest turtle I've ever had, although my daughter will argue it's the coolest turtle SHE'S ever had.
aa379e4c0c2227f1eb6661a2471c72b9_zps1dc952ed.jpg

04e9c9a3f1763dc0118714992b207575_zps830d2935.jpg

justino4444

5 Year Member
It looks so good! It will be interesting to watch this little guy grow, please keep us updated with pics

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
Lovely! :)
Who did you purchase the little guy from? I have the luxury of seeing these cuties in person from time to time since we have a couple breeders here in AZ.

TortoiseDVM

5 Year Member
Florida
Congrats Gerard! Nice crisp photo... clearly capturing their unique facial expression of being all wise and all knowing ;) Keep us posted on additions and names!

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
Congrats Gerard! Nice crisp photo... clearly capturing their unique facial expression of being all wise and all knowing ;) Keep us posted on additions and names!

Thanks, it's not a easy species to photograph. They do not stop moving, ever! I have a lot of turtles, but this guy has me feeling like I've discovered them for the first time, again. I'm going to buy one from out west next.

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
Lovely! :)
Who did you purchase the little guy from? I have the luxury of seeing these cuties in person from time to time since we have a couple breeders here in AZ.

This one is from Jason Ables herd.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Gorgeous baby. Congrats to you!

Words cannot express how happy I am to see more of these babies popping up around the country in recent years. Thanks for sharing!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It always amazes me to see the lighter (mottling?) colors in the new growth areas. If I didn't know better, I would have thought it was some sort of fungus growing. And they don't have any of that color on them when they get bigger. Quite the puzzle to me.

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
It always amazes me to see the lighter (mottling?) colors in the new growth areas. If I didn't know better, I would have thought it was some sort of fungus growing. And they don't have any of that color on them when they get bigger. Quite the puzzle to me.

Yeah, I picked the smallest one out of the group because I wanted to watch that develope. It's really cool how fast they grow and how quickly it comes in.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I really enjoy seeing the face with those expressive eyes.

edwardbo

5 Year Member
Nice , can you touch on the differences between the Aldabra and Galapagos ?. Also, how about an update on your albino box turtles ,how are they doing?...congratulations and thank you for sharing ,

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Great picture ...and animal ....but.......I don't think it's a " Turtle" ....;)

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
Great picture ...and animal ....but.......I don't think it's a " Turtle" ....;)

lol! Yeah, I dont have to say tortoise very often. How's yours doing? I didn't get my CBW until January, so I had to wait until this year. The of course 2 people here hatched them.