Need help! (new tortoise doesn't eat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I hope your tort gets better! Does his jaw have any function at all at the moment?

Michael in MO

5 Year Member
what a nightmare, I hope you've already contacted the person you got the tort from. Kept all of your documents and if this is a commercial breeder I hope you're prepared to contact the BBB if they don't help you, should the worst happen. I've never heard of such a birth defect before all I can say is WOW. It's a shame that is such a beautiful tort...good luck..

tee66

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Delaware
No it doesn't have any jaw function at all at first I thought he/she ate but couldn't see the mouth opening but just thought because its so small but then I really paid attention after a couple days of her not even trying then I tried the strawberry again ( which seems like her av) and she did the motions of eating but just pushed it with her nose.
Unfortunately I don't know who it was I got it from was at a reptile show and they didn't have business cards and looked on the web site for list of vendors but its not accurate so I have no way of knowing. I just hope this is not something they do all the time esp if they know something is wrong. I feel helpless!! Good thing is she is drinking when I soak her in the food so is getting nourishment and she is NOT lethargic she still will walk around when I take her out to feed her

Status
Not open for further replies.