Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooster

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hello, I work at a petshop and my manager sent me on a quest: we just got a tortoise or maybe a box turtle of some sort, we are not sure. A lady brought it in and had it for 4 years but doesnt know what kind it was and she gave it to us. I was wondering if somone could help me figure out what kind it is. Its not that big, maybe 7 or 8 inches from tail to head. Hes not colorful like some of the pictures I've seen. But he has some orange spots on his head and neck
Turtle.jpg

Also, when he came in he had some eye problem, it was redish and bad looking so we put some liquid drop on it, and some kind of turtle eye goop. We also have "Dr. Turtle" and was wondering if it would be a good idea to put one of those dissolving things in his kitty littler pan (cleaned!!) water dish to help treat him. It says its for aquatic turtles and reptiles, but since we dont even know what kind this is, we dont know if we should use it. If you cant identify it exactly, it would help if anyone could even post picture of what it MIGHT be and I could do some more research.

Rooster

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ignore second message, I tried to post the picture but I used the wrong dealy. Hopefully the pic in my first message showed up, my comp is acting funny and not showing some pictures. : \

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Its a three-toed box turtle (Terrapene carolina triunguis). I'm hoping that in the picture the eye is covered with meds? Otherwise it looks pretty bad!!

Don't put the Dr. Turtle in his water. They do like to soak in a water dish, especially when they're not feeling up to snuff. They eat insects, worms, fruits and veggies and like a humid environment with substrate deep enough to hide in.

Yvonne

Rooster

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thanks for the ID. The stuff on the eye is meds. We knew what to feed it lol just couldnt ID it. Couldnt find a picture or description to match it in our books. I was actually surprised about some of the things they will eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.