Need urgent advice concerning a neglected tortoise

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
Oh sorry I misunderstood the question you asked. The table is the same size as the one you've mentioned 4X2 is that size ok or would it be better to go bigger?
I'm not sure, someone else will advise that, but you are welcome to mine, if you want it I can post a picture for you first. It was £100, You can have it. How much is the one you are getting. I'm in Sheffield, about an hour away from you. I was in Leicester last weekend to picking up an incubator, sods law.

Drewski1988

ENGLAND UK LEICESTER
Thank you the one I'm getting is a bit more than that. If you don't mind sending the photo please so I can show the other half thank you. Ill have to speak to my friend tonight to see if he would pick it up for me so id have to let you know tomorrow if I can get it or not but thank you though that's very kind of you.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I'll post a photo later on after tea. I'm at work till 6. I have a uvb/spot bulb you can have to, that £30. Also got a micro climate thermostat I don't use. Up to you. talk later.

Heather H

N.E. ohio
if you take a picture of the tail area someone may be able to tell you the gender. I am amazed that you saved this beautiful animal :) congrats on the and great job. :)this story made me cry. :) hugs

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Thank you the one I'm getting is a bit more than that. If you don't mind sending the photo please so I can show the other half thank you. Ill have to speak to my friend tonight to see if he would pick it up for me so id have to let you know tomorrow if I can get it or not but thank you though that's very kind of you.
Hey up

Sorry its late, I had to have my tea first just in case tortdad turned up on my doorstep wanting mine. lol:)

Here is what I have that I don't need or use.
2x4ft table @ 8" high.
80watt Arcadia D3 uv basking bulb
Micro climate thermostat
2 bulb holders
About £170 in value new. I don't want nothing for it, your fuel here and back will be about £30. So its a saving. The table in shops is £225, I tracked down the guy that made them and bought direct off him.
Not sure if its big enough but will get you going. Like @tortdad said, you will be better off making a bigger one yourself.

See what everyone else says. I can't see the point in buying expensive stuff when its not ideal. No offence if you don't want them.

photo 3 (5).JPG photo 1 (6).JPG photo 2 (6).JPG

Heather H

N.E. ohio
Hey up

Sorry its late, I had to have my tea first just in case tortdad turned up on my doorstep wanting mine. lol:)

2x4ft table @ 8" high.
Micro climate thermostat
2 bulb holders
About £170 in value new. I don't want nothing for it, your fuel here and back will be about £30. So its a saving. The table in shops is £225, I tracked down the guy that made them and bought direct off him.
Not sure if its big enough but will get you going. Like @tortdad said, you will be better off making a bigger one yourself.

See what everyone else says. I can't see the point in buying expensive stuff when its not ideal. No offence if you don't want them.

View attachment 117859 View attachment 117860 View attachment 117861
Hugs for being so thoughtful :)

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Hey up

2x4ft table @ 8" high.
Micro climate thermostat
2 bulb holders

This is very nice of you to offer. The enclosure might be a little small but you know for now it will definitely work. and the UVB and heat lights will come in handy. If I was this person I would gladly take all that stuff and put it to good use. I gave a lot of stuff that I was no longer using to a coworker with a little Russian tortoise. They have fallen on very hard times and they were very appreciative but it actually made me feel good knowing that the stuff was still being used. it is very nice of you to offer this equipment. hey, what did the vet say?

Drewski1988

ENGLAND UK LEICESTER
Hey up

2x4ft table @ 8" high.
Micro climate thermostat
2 bulb holders

Hey up

2x4ft table @ 8" high.
Micro climate thermostat
2 bulb holders

Hello I should be able to get the van driver from work to pick it up as he goes Sheffield on a Thursday if you could be kind enough to send me your address so I could let him know to see if one of his drops are near you and as soon as he gets back to me ill let you know :) thanks again its very kind :D

Drewski1988

ENGLAND UK LEICESTER
This is very nice of you to offer. The enclosure might be a little small but you know for now it will definitely work. and the UVB and heat lights will come in handy. If I was this person I would gladly take all that stuff and put it to good use. I gave a lot of stuff that I was no longer using to a coworker with a little Russian tortoise. They have fallen on very hard times and they were very appreciative but it actually made me feel good knowing that the stuff was still being used. it is very nice of you to offer this equipment. hey, what did the vet say?
Hello the vets clipped and filed the beak checked it over said other than needing to put on some weight and being dehydrated it was ok just needs love and attention oh and that I needed to keep the wounds clean

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Hello I should be able to get the van driver from work to pick it up as he goes Sheffield on a Thursday if you could be kind enough to send me your address so I could let him know to see if one of his drops are near you and as soon as he gets back to me ill let you know :) thanks again its very kind :D
Ok

Its

130 Burncross Road
Chapeltown
Sheffield
S35 1TG

Its about 1 mile from junction 35 off M1.

Let me know and I'll make sure someone is in for you to collect.

You will need to build a bigger enclosure for him/her at a later stage. At some stage you will have to get some paperwork for yours I believe. I had 2 Hermanns years ago, I had paperwork for them. I also had them chipped, however from there on they went down hill and died:(. Thinking about it now I was given bad advice from start to finish with those guys. Shop owner just wanted a sale and my vet was to say the least in our opinion, inadequate.
Same with these juvenile redfoots I have now, I was told to keep in a table, but to keep a very high humidity is a constant battle. Mine are now in a closed enclosure. Yours I think are better off in a table. Think what I am trying to say is don't listen to shop keepers and be wary of veterinarians general advise. I will in future always seek advise on here 1st.
This table is not high enough but will get you going. Your tort will look like Godzilla in Tokyo. lol :)

Oh yeh. I bet you get addicted to torts.

Good luck

Craig

Drewski1988

ENGLAND UK LEICESTER
Ok

Its

130 Burncross Road
Chapeltown
Sheffield
S35 1TG

Its about 1 mile from junction 35 off M1.

Let me know and I'll make sure someone is in for you to collect.

You will need to build a bigger enclosure for him/her at a later stage. At some stage you will have to get some paperwork for yours I believe. I had 2 Hermanns years ago, I had paperwork for them. I also had them chipped, however from there on they went down hill and died:(. Thinking about it now I was given bad advice from start to finish with those guys. Shop owner just wanted a sale and my vet was to say the least in our opinion, inadequate.
Same with these juvenile redfoots I have now, I was told to keep in a table, but to keep a very high humidity is a constant battle. Mine are now in a closed enclosure. Yours I think are better off in a table. Think what I am trying to say is don't listen to shop keepers and be wary of veterinarians general advise. I will in future always seek advise on here 1st.
This table is not high enough but will get you going. Your tort will look like Godzilla in Tokyo. lol :)

Oh yeh. I bet you get addicted to torts.

Good luck

Craig
He said he doesn't mind picking it up on his way though it will be any time after two is that ok? Ahh that's a shame about the tortoises how would you go around about getting paper work? if I come unstuck on anything to do with the tortoise I will ask on here then :) thanks again

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
He said he doesn't mind picking it up on his way though it will be any time after two is that ok? Ahh that's a shame about the tortoises how would you go around about getting paper work? if I come unstuck on anything to do with the tortoise I will ask on here then :) thanks again

Yes mate that OK.

I'm not sure about the paperwork situation. I got all documents when I bought my torts. With the superman hero;) scenario your in I'm not sure:) Someone on here will help you out. I don't even know if the rules are different in Europe to USA.

Good luck. Its excellent what you have done.