New enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruchonnet

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Valley, CA
I was planning on making my two year old sulcata a permanent outdoor home, but with his recent escape I think I need to go back to the drawing board and plan a new enclosure. Hes small right now so it doesn't need to be huge but I need ideas. I am considering making it completely off the ground so that he cant dig his way out but im not sure. If anyone could help me out thatd be great! Especially with pictures!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Recent escape? Tell us more.

I use slumpstone blocks. Two rows high for small ones and three rows high for big ones. Use a half block on every other row to offset the bricks. I put their night house inside th ring of blocks and often incorporate building and walls to make the enclosure larger.

Here you can see what I mean:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-28662.html

Ruchonnet

5 Year Member
Central Valley, CA
I posted about it in another thread!! Hes okay just damaged and I feel like my bad mothering should be made up for with a new enclosure.
I think I could make one like yours is! I need to get him good house for winter but im not sure what to get since hes still so small or if he should be inside still during it. Where could I find those bricks at and how could I cover the top of it? We have birds, cats, and other animals that could get into the yard I think if it isnt enclosed

Ruchonnet

5 Year Member
Central Valley, CA
Im considering a water trough maybe, we sometimes get flooded which im worried about and I think I could make him a nice little hide with such a deep area. I dont know what to do though. I want him to live outside but realistically he will need to come in at nights even with a lamp/pad/heater. What do you think? Could it work for a little guy whose only about 5inches long?

Status
Not open for further replies.