Opo off food

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Hello everyone, Opo hasn't pooped in 3 days and today is completely off his food. Even when outside wasn't interested in eating. Could there be a impaction? Is there a remedy for impaction? When should I get real concerned?
Thanks Ray

Bee62

Germany
Hello Ray. I am sorry to hear that Opo is not well.
I would try to soak, soak soak.... Long warm soaks in a tub that is big enough that Opo has space to walk.
Do you have a car ? You can make a nice excursion with Opo. A car ride is good against impaction. Long soaks too.
My fingers are crossed for a speedy recovery.:):tort::<3:

Last edited:

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Hello everyone, Opo hasn't pooped in 3 days and today is completely off his food. Even when outside wasn't interested in eating. Could there be a impaction? Is there a remedy for impaction? When should I get real concerned?
Thanks Ray
Oh no Opo, a car ride as Bee said might work. Wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Sorry to hear your concerned about Opo, Ray.
Lola can go weeks without a poop, and often worries me.
He has always been the same in spite of raised temps and warm soaks.
I often have to resort to a car ride in a warm box or a soak in a bigger tub than usual which I put inside my bath so it's somewhere he's not used to.
As Todd said Aloe and cucumber can have a laxative effect.
I grate some so it's nice and mushy and hopefully works quicker.
Torts seem to love cucumber so even if he's not eating the smell may tempt him.
I have also discovered that just gently making his bath tray vibrate while he is in it encourages a good poop.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hello Ray. I am sorry to hear that Opo is not well.
I would try to soak, soak soak.... Long warm soaks in a tub that is big enough that Opo has space to walk.
Do you have a car ? You can make a nice excursion with Opo. A car ride is good against impaction. Long soaks too.
My fingers are crossed for a speedy recovery.:):tort::<3:
Thanks for crossing your fingers. :) I will try the car ride tomorrow

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Uh oh.. was he normal when you came home from your surgery?? Could be his routine is just off.... I hope it’s that and nothing serious!!!
Really nothing has changed. 2 or 3 wks ago Opo had the runs. I actually suspected the liquid vitamin I was giving. Now to this extreme.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well soaked for 1 1/2 hrs. Opo had one very large crime Didn't eat this morning but after the soak ate everything in the dish and then ate 2 more times. Will see what happens tomorrow.

Bee62

Germany
Well soaked for 1 1/2 hrs. Opo had one very large crime Didn't eat this morning but after the soak ate everything in the dish and then ate 2 more times. Will see what happens tomorrow.
Sorry for asking but I don`t understand: You mean he pooped ?

KatApril

Chicago
Reptilony yes Gs seem a big thing with my little one Binky. I have to carry him across the the house to get the the sink. In that time he almost always without fail poops and pees on me especially since i make fast movements and turns cuz i know whats coming [emoji23]