OUTDOOR SULCATA THE COLD

Clawem

My sulcata is 4 yrs old and had been living outdoors all summer. He has a heated night box at 81 deg. Now that the weather is getting colder last night was 40 deg. going down to 28 tonight should I be keeping the night box warmer as he will not be able to bask outside because of the temps. Just worried about him being able to digest his food. So far he has great bowel movement lol .He still goes out even in the 40's to graze and eat hay that I give him and lays in the sun and goes back into the night box when he gets cold. The sun just isn't that strong right now. Also is it a problem for him to go out when it is cold? I have seen pictures of them going out in the snow. Tom's night box plans work great as it holds the temp really well even in the cold. Thanks Tom

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
My sulcata is 4 yrs old and had been living outdoors all summer. He has a heated night box at 81 deg. Now that the weather is getting colder last night was 40 deg. going down to 28 tonight should I be keeping the night box warmer as he will not be able to bask outside because of the temps. Just worried about him being able to digest his food. So far he has great bowel movement lol .He still goes out even in the 40's to graze and eat hay that I give him and lays in the sun and goes back into the night box when he gets cold. The sun just isn't that strong right now. Also is it a problem for him to go out when it is cold? I have seen pictures of them going out in the snow. Tom's night box plans work great as it holds the temp really well even in the cold. Thanks Tom

I bump my night boxes up to about 86 when days are cold.