Pictures of Goldie for Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scooter

The first pictures where taken minutes after I got her home. All of her shell was soft to the touch, when she walked she just dragged her self around and didn't use her back legs. After about a year she was completely hardened up and walking normally and eating everything she could. Unfortunately about a year ago I was moving and she was in my parents care during the move and someone came into their yard and stole her. I was devastated!
goldie 5.jpg
goldie 6.jpg
goldie 3.JPG
goldie 7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
OMG! Your story starts out sad, perks up great, then gets really, really sad again! A success story with an unhappy ending. Poor Goldie. I hope whoever stole her realizes just what a prize they have and gives her the royal treatment. You really did a wonderful job getting her hardened up.

S

Scooter

Here are a few pictures of her after her recovery.
goldie 10.jpg
goldie 9.jpg
goldie 8.jpg

Thank you. She meant a lot to me and I miss her a lot. I learned so much from her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
She is beautiful and such a nice color. What is wrong with people? Who comes into someones backyard and takes something that's not theirs I will never understand that. It's so disappointing to think that humans have the nerve to be that dishonest. I'm sorry that someone took that from you it must have hurt you a lot. :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What a sweet face. That is just so sad. I hate that that happened to you.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I am very sorry that you lost her. I can see why she dragged herself, poor girl, just looking at how thick her limbs are you can see the severity of the MBD she was suffering from. That just makes me sick.

Kristina

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That is the first time I've seen the puffy limbs from MBD in a tortoise. I've seen a million Iguanas and bearded dragons with the puffy limbs and swollen jaws, but this is a first for me.

Sorry for your loss. I almost feel sorry for the person who took her. Bad karma coming their way...

...I said almost.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I wonder why someone would do such a thing; they could just go buy a Sulcata baby.

That is just devastating to lose an animal when you had invested so much time and energy and she was on her way back to full health.

moswen

5 Year Member
oh, how sweet/sad! people who steal should have their hands cut off, like in aladdin. why can't they just go buy their own? there's no shortage of sulcatas for sale on the internet!

S

Scooter

I had never seen a tortoise in such bad shape before, all I was told was she was kept inside and ate lettuce. Before I lost her all of her shell was hardened and she was walking perfectly. From what we could figure out from neighbors some kids took her and gave her to a guy who lived a few houses down (who knew we had a tortoise) and he sold her to someone who then sold or gave her to someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.