Pretend Chat 2.14

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Franklin misses going outside already. Quick question, what's the lowest temp he should still take outside trips? I've heard 60, is that ok? I mean 60s here i'm in a sweater... assuming its been relatively humid here since I know that matters too. For specifics i'm talking an hour or 2 sometimes less since its all supervised since I haven't yet created a nice secured outdoor pen yet (and am a little leery due to wildlife) he misses picking out his own weeds though!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Would you be comfortable out there in your barefeet? Is the ground wet? Franklin being a Russian can take more cold then other species (I look at what the species is and the animal size in my own determinations). Lots of sunshine?

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Would you be comfortable out there in your barefeet? Is the ground wet? Franklin being a Russian can take more cold then other species (I look at what the species is and the animal size in my own determinations). Lots of sunshine?
Barefeet thats a good judge i never assumed! :) The ground does get somewhat moist in some places but wouldnt call that wet, in fact since its usually around 4-5 i'd consider it like the moisture before dew (does that even make sense?) I always walk him to sunshine, he usually gets to wander the entire yard with me following so i point him away from the shade since even when warmer out its usually cool and damp

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
I feel so far behind here. lol. Well it's currently 57 degrees - gets to the 30s at night. I love this time of year usually but I'm kind of missing the heat right now. Echo the kitty is doing well - has finally reached 1 pound and is very rambunctious!! :) Little Dude is up to 116g! Gettin' big so fast!! My daughter has started playing the violin (yay!). Wedding is in just over 6 months - we have menu tasting Thursday.... What have I missed the last couple weeks? I know I checked in but I'm sure I've missed a lot. lol

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
oh those drowsy eyes! These look much less grumpy than the morning drowsy-eyes!2014-09-15 18.36.12.jpg

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I feel so far behind here. lol. Well it's currently 57 degrees - gets to the 30s at night. I love this time of year usually but I'm kind of missing the heat right now. Echo the kitty is doing well - has finally reached 1 pound and is very rambunctious!! :) Little Dude is up to 116g! Gettin' big so fast!! My daughter has started playing the violin (yay!). Wedding is in just over 6 months - we have menu tasting Thursday.... What have I missed the last couple weeks? I know I checked in but I'm sure I've missed a lot. lol
I cant speak much for everyone else since i started school and have been almost just as missing, but you havent missed much in terms of me and 'Nank just a lot of homework and a grumpy indoor tort. Glad to hear everythings going ok for all of you there :)

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
this was our art class fun for today, mines the one in the middle and each side was 2 of my friends. my favorites the one on the right! so basically there was a lot of paint everywhere but thankfully we ended up getting most of it on the canvas :p
(figured while i"m being picture-happy may as well post one i should have when I mentioned what we did lol)2014-09-15 11.26.13.jpg

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I just can't keep from LOL'ing.
View attachment 95993
if i could like this a million times i would! thats a perfect shot too! I've never caught 'Nank on camera yawning... i did however catch my old goldfish "talking" and it was perfect... hopefully i can find it... (hes the lighter one!)
205905_2235480362672_5217979_n.jpg

His name was Biff and i won him at the fair and he lived 2.5 years!
heres what he looked like while still little before he grew out of his mustache
393457_2772217580767_1997488701_n.jpg