[TURTLE]LoutheRussian

Maybe I'll call my landlord and tell him the building is on fire

[TURTLE]LoutheRussian

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Neverland!
April fools, Jacqui!

Luke, maybe you could give Lou some treats. Maybe it'll make him suspicious.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Cowboy_Ken said:
Any of you folks watch Dr. Pol ?

Funny that no one else responded to this. I watch it every Saturday. It really bugs me that those dairy farmers don't take better care of the floors in their barns. The announcer is always saying how important each individual cow is and how costly to the farm to lose one, however the poor animals have to stand in wet poop and pee that looks to be about a foot deep. They've got workers they pay a wage to, why can't they clean up after the animals.

Another thing that bugs me is the farmer never has the animal contained and waiting. They always make Dr. Pol chase the animal into the barn or into the chute.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
And you're so right about the loose animals. Heck, when we had Monster and Frisco and the ferrior was coming up, we always had them tied up, in the barn waiting. But then to, we would know no more than 12 hours later if one of them had thrown a shoe, because we paid attention to our horses.
An out call where the vet needs to get the animal is like going to the dentist without brushing your teeth first.

Back to Dr. Pol, did you see the 12", 7 yr. old American alligator? How sad was that? Poor little bugger. Seems to me that people still need to learn about researching on the
Internet machine.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Cowboy_Ken said:
Back to Dr. Pol, did you see the 12", 7 yr. old American alligator? How sad was that? Poor little bugger. Seems to me that people still need to learn about researching on the
Internet machine.

I only saw the promo for it. I don't know how I missed the actual program because I watch it every Sat. They must've shown a repeat in my regular time slot. The poor little alligator looked pretty unhappy with his mouth taped shut being dragged along on a leash.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Minnesota gator. He told them it needed to be kept much warmer. Had them listen to its slow heart beat explaining this was because he was being kept too cold. Recommended vitamins and I believe more variety of the diet other than just gold fish and frozen pinks.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
...and if memory serves, it was a very young girl that was dragging the animal along on the leash. What are those people thinking? They've taped the mouth shut so the 'gator can't bite the kid. What are they planning when the gator gets too big for the aquarium?...or the bath tub?...

Sometimes I really wonder about people.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Hey easy there!
Remember it was this guy, who at the age of 7-8 took his Christmas money to the pet store and walked out happy with a caimen about the same size. No parent or sibling went with me and he was kept in the bathtub for two days before my mom sent me back with a strongly worded note to have them happily exchange it for a gopher snake and cage. Heck I thought the tub was a good idea.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah, right...kids don't need to take baths anyway, right?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
We had a shower stall in the same bathroom. It didn't really matter though, we had a swimming pool we normally spent summers in.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Well Ma' and Pa' told ya it was a swimming pool ....but it was actually the Hogs Trough..;):p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow...you're really coming late to the party. It's lunchtime!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Morning Noel. I should be moving. Terrible procrastinator I am. “Never do today, what you can put off until tomorrow."

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I'm just getting up from a nap after coming home from work :) so yes it's lunch time.

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
tffnytorts said:
April fools, Jacqui!

Luke, maybe you could give Lou some treats. Maybe it'll make him suspicious.

I gave him a sampling of carrot and gave him two new greens he's never had before. Lou isn't picky he will eat whatever I give him

[TURTLE]LoutheRussian