Pretend Chat 2.14

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Neverland!
I talked to my grandma on tge phone earlier-
and I don't think a gramma can be happier, than when she is packing to go see her new grandbaby.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Feels like I haven't been around in ages!

I've been stuck working mid day till like 11pm every day for almost two solid weeks. I can't recall the last time I cooked or played with the dogs or had time to watch a movie or a date with the bf that doesn't involve a quick freezer pizza at midnight. And all these nice afternoons we've been having of 85 degrees I'm working instead of letting Rosie out to get real UV and eat yard weeds.

Sooo I've decided to drop off a resume/cover letter tomorrow at a local vet office that is hiring for assistants/receptionists. Pay is higher, it's related to my degree, and better hours.

Plus the number one benefit; it's not retail!

Even my manager tonight said "you're much too smart for retail, why are you still here?"

Any who, wish me luck! Here's to hoping I'm who they're looking for!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I will keep you on my mind in regard to them seeing nothing other than a perfect fit for them.

I'm watching a fascinating movie rite now called, “Bait". It would seem a tsunami hits and traps some people in a “7-11" type grocery store where great white sharks stalk them as prey…only in Australia, right. Grab your popcorn folks, and sit back and enjoy the show.

Ooh…love is in the air during all the drama. That makes it believable.

Of course, were I in this movie, I'd be the hero, saving all that could still breath. Not braggin', just saying. I mean, come on, I'm Cowboy Ken. But then it wouldn't be believable.

Why didn't Mitch get out of the water? Why, oh why?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Good morning!

Kim best of luck with getting the new job!

Kerryann sorry about Mike's Uncle. Sounds like he was a huge hearted man to take in the feral cats. The room might be trashed, but it was just a room, nothing compared to saving a life.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Hi Jacqui! Good morning!

Besides it being colder than my liking, I am expecting a rather smooth day.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Not going to be a smooth day for me. I have a dental visit today and will most likely have a tooth pulled which I really don't want taken out. However I do not want a root canal, so options are limited. Good news is my pickup may be out of the shop, which means freedom, sweet freedom will be mine once more. :D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It was fixed before I saw it. Some days I am ashamed of the way we treat other members....

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Jacqui said:
Not going to be a smooth day for me. I have a dental visit today and will most likely have a tooth pulled which I really don't want taken out. However I do not want a root canal, so options are limited. Good news is my pickup may be out of the shop, which means freedom, sweet freedom will be mine once more. :D

Well! ! ! May you have a painless visit to your dentist visit. Or at least less pain. You got to take care of it anyhow or it can only get worth. Good Luck! ! !

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
RF tortoises usually get along ok in pairs and groups. No one actually saw the one tortoise bite off the toes of the other tortoise. I might have even been a rat or mouse. I must admit, though, the OP in that thread did make it sound like she knew something was happening and did nothing about it. I'm sure that's why everyone jumped on her. No excuse, just an explanation. I think sometimes we (the universal 'we' not the personal 'we') do let our emotions get away from us. I had a heck of a time staying in front of everything happening on that thread. I should have closed it before I started working on it.

A root canal isn't all that bad. Takes a long time, and you have to have your mouth hanging open all that time, but with Novocaine its pretty painless. But a whole lot more expensive than an extraction. Sending good thoughts your way, Jacqui.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Good thing some of those folks do not see (or have not seen) some of the pairs I have kept together. :D

I have never heard a single good thing about root canals. Doesn't help I have a small mouth (contrary to popular opinion).

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Morning all :) good luck with your dentist appointment Jaqcui :D

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
Almost 60 F here in NYC today! It's unbelievable after the "polar vortex" winter!

Good luck at the dentist!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I'm so happy it's almost Friday!

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
Friday for me means eating the bacon cheddar jalapeno cornbread all day which I just put in the oven :) but also work Saturday and Sunday :(