Pretend Chat 2.14

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
I'm surprised you have a yucca around kids. Those leaves (?) are brutal - put an eye right out! But the flowers are beautiful!
That's why I found one that was already 6' tall. This species of yucca only has the leaves at the top. The rest is like a tree trunk.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
It looks like a cute and cuddly toy. At that size and cuteness, I'm surprised they haven't been all eaten up by now and made extinct. What kind of creatures eat them?
Some people keep them as pets, but i don't think they are eaten at all, though the fur is seen in shops sometimes. They are difficult to see and find and live all across the Sahara and ( i looked this up) Their conservation status is Least Concern, so they're doing fine.
Abdulla is correct, their chief predator is the eagle owl. (again i looked it up.)
All quite interesting.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Yeah. They are about to charge the driver with 3 counts of vehicular manslaughter. I know that's not what Nick would have wanted.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sounds like those killed were not wearing their seatbelts. :( Such a shame for all involved. Sorry for your loss. *hugs*

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Sounds like those killed were not wearing their seatbelts. :( Such a shame for all involved. Sorry for your loss. *hugs*

The video showed the van, apparently the tree took peeled off the whole side of the van so it may not have mattered.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

Thanks Nick! I have seen this guy on a few times. I wasn't really looking to get one when I saw him.
I'm sorta afraid to get someone else's problems. I have heard so many times if they aren't started "right" they won't be healthy.
The Leo's you posted are always on but they look really dry.
I'm going to plan and brainstorm while my husband is in China for a couple weeks.
I think I would like a leopard because of their size. I would love a CDT but I'm afraid of the hibernating part. Too many choices when you get the green light from your spouse!