Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I ran the sump pump in the basement so Jeff could work down there. He checked it last night, but did not do the work down there. He went down there to work this am and the darn water is up half a foot higher over night. :(

The lady next to me has to keep pumping ger basement out too. :(

Tell her it might be helpful to YOU if she wouldn't pump her basement in your direction. :)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Here's one for you. Why do avocado turn all brown and yucky on the cut edge, but if you leave the pit in its all good?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I used a metal one and it's still looking good 24 hrs later. Oh. Ner plastic cause you're electrical boss man. I get it.

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
Here's one for you. Why do avocado turn all brown and yucky on the cut edge, but if you leave the pit in its all good?

Not true. The pit in is false, sir. False. You can blame that nasty brown color on that stuff that keeps us alive. Oxygen. If you rub the cut segments with lemon juice you can block that process (or cover in saran wrap if you are a ninja wrapper.)

Signed -

The Guacamole Queen

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Not true. The pit in is false, sir. False. You can blame that nasty brown color on that stuff that keeps us alive. Oxygen. If you rub the cut segments with lemon juice you can block that process (or cover in saran wrap if you are a ninja wrapper.)

Signed -

The Guacamole Queen
That's nice to know. :) Thanks Dawn!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona

Signed -

The Guacamole Queen
But it's still looking good!

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Pure goodness. I'm surprised none have been started there as a crop. It's a tree, but still seems they'd do fine there.
I can get them at any supermarket... I don't know if they grow it as a crop, but since my tort can't eat it I'm not really interested. :p I think it will do well here tho.