Pretend Chat 2.14

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I have been pondering the question that has plagued mankind forever.

where's my banana?

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I wonder if attractive women get traffic ticket?

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
I'm exhausted. Busy homeschool day plus hatching out babies is crazytown. So much fun but I am ready for bed. 7 hatched, 2 to go.

I had to take them off damp papertowels because they started eating them. At first I lined the existing papertowels with big romaine leaves and piles of greens, but this evening I pulled out the papertowels and put in long strand sphagnum moss and a new hide.

View attachment 147706
Where did u get all those babies?

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Where did u get all those babies?
Well I got the "hatch 'em itch" and bought a clutch of eggs from a friend/TFO member. The guy I bought them from is the same person who gave me October as an egg, that hatched last October.
7 have hatched and 2 still remain unpipped in the incubator.
They hatched super quickly, 80-83 days. Freaked me out because I thought I at least another month. Clearly they had other plans lol.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1441848065.742022.jpg

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Today I'd planned to drive up 3 hours to VT with a friend to check out the mountain I'll be racing on next weekend and go for a hike, plus check out where in the woods I plan to be pitching a tent to camp since who has money to pay for a hotel, certainly not me!... Well she bailed (and got mad at me saying that because "she never said yes officially") so I went anyway, hiked up Killington alone ... And had the best time of my life!
I find I tend to rely on others too much, and it felt pretty great to get out and take on the mountain and get to the summit solo. So peaceful to, there was literally no noise at all, and because it was Wednesday is very possible I was the only one on the mountain hiking.
I've officially decided I want to call Killington my home when I spread my wings to my own place. It wasn't too populated, but still had stores and places close, and in the winter the mountain would literally be right there, if it got too snowy to drive I could just walk my snowboard and me to the slopes (when I'm not muddy I'm snowy)

1441855817560.jpg
1441855852627.jpg
1441855890534.jpg

And... Wait for it... *gasp* a picture of me not covered in mud! Summit selfie (because 'if there's no picture it didn't happen')
1441856010977.jpg

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
that is some beautiful scenery

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Today I'd planned to drive up 3 hours to VT with a friend to check out the mountain I'll be racing on next weekend and go for a hike, plus check out where in the woods I plan to be pitching a tent to camp since who has money to pay for a hotel, certainly not me!... Well she bailed (and got mad at me saying that because "she never said yes officially") so I went anyway, hiked up Killington alone ... And had the best time of my life!
I find I tend to rely on others too much, and it felt pretty great to get out and take on the mountain and get to the summit solo. So peaceful to, there was literally no noise at all, and because it was Wednesday is very possible I was the only one on the mountain hiking.
I've officially decided I want to call Killington my home when I spread my wings to my own place. It wasn't too populated, but still had stores and places close, and in the winter the mountain would literally be right there, if it got too snowy to drive I could just walk my snowboard and me to the slopes (when I'm not muddy I'm snowy)

View attachment 147817
View attachment 147818
View attachment 147819

And... Wait for it... *gasp* a picture of me not covered in mud! Summit selfie (because 'if there's no picture it didn't happen')
View attachment 147820

Holy cow! Who is that clean person? Could that be your clean and pure non-evil twin?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well I got the "hatch 'em itch" and bought a clutch of eggs from a friend/TFO member. The guy I bought them from is the same person who gave me October as an egg, that hatched last October.
7 have hatched and 2 still remain unpipped in the incubator.
They hatched super quickly, 80-83 days. Freaked me out because I thought I at least another month. Clearly they had other plans lol.
View attachment 147815

I wondered where all these babies were coming from. I thought I remembered that all your leopards were too small yet. Isn't it fun?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, here we all are again!

I just finished watching episode 20, season 12 NYPD Blue. It's pretty sad that there are no more of them to watch. That's one of my very favorite shows. Hopefully the new season starts soon on all the regular shows and I won't be stuck trying to find something free to watch on Amazon Prime.

I'm so glad we finally heard from Steven. I was really starting to worry.

So what's going on with all of you?

Sarah: You're such an upbeat person. It really bothers me when you're down in the dumps. Glad you've been able to get up the mountain, even if it was by yourself. Mighty pretty pictures (including the last one).

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I wondered where all these babies were coming from. I thought I remembered that all your leopards were too small yet. Isn't it fun?
It is fun. A lot of fun. I hope Mia starts laying one of these days. She should have her choice of males soon enough, since it's likely I have several LOL.
Have you seen Mia?
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1441862514.489509.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, I don't believe I've seen her before. She's big!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh, by the way...did I ever tell you all that I love my dog?

Misty 10-7-12.jpg Misty's destruction 01-23-14.jpg

...and that there was a ground squirrel in the Aldabran yard?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, naturally I think so, but thank you! she really is pretty special.