Pretend Chat 2.14

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
I love that the kids are helping. I don't think I've ever seen your tortoise yard before. I really like your lot with the hill. It's shaping up nicely.

Thank you Yvonne. This is the RF side. The other 3/4's will be for the sulcata. Not sure where the DT will go yet. He's only 3 inches so I have time.
It's funny that you like my hill because we planted like 100 lantana plants and didn't know how awful they smell. They will be ripped out some day. Plus not tortoise friendly at all!
Probably put in red apple ice plant. Low water easy maintenance.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Your enclosures are awesome ! Plus you will stay in shape with all them steps .

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
my death more than likely will probably happen with me being sarcastic at the wrong time. such as, oh yeah are you going to do stab me? Owwww

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Your enclosures are awesome ! Plus you will stay in shape with all them steps .

Those steps will be the death me one day!! We do need a railing on them since I'm not getting any younger.

Thank you Mike, I do love it! Now if I could get some grass to grow in there!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I buy deer plotting mix from tractor supply works great grows fast and has a crap load of good Tortoise weeds in it .

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Well, then, just for you in a positive way, here is Birdy Blue:

View attachment 155590

I have since learned that the males have the ring around their neck while the females don't. He's a very noisy bird, but I think he'll shut up once he's settled in. He actually talks, but I'm not fluent in parakeet chatter, so I don't really know what he's saying. But I think one of the words in the string of words is "blue."

I've got another fire going. Mmmmmm it feels so good! I don't have anything planned for my day today except maybe do a bit of cactus pruning and fill up my green waste barrel. It's a bit overcast today, but not too cold.

Nothing new going on with the tortoises. Well, except for that last leopard egg that hatched. Such a tiny baby.

View attachment 155592

and the late YF egg that hatched that I kept, the baby looks so dry. I'm having quite a struggle to keep this little habitat moist and humid enough. My fancy plastic film cover doesn't seem to be doing the trick this time. Maybe today I'll work some more on this.

View attachment 155593
Omg! Yvonne! What a beauty!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kathy, I love your hill! I want on, so I can build a stream. My land is just bumpy flat. Of course, I would no doubt be hating climbing up and down the hill.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Seeing your children helping makes me miss mine being young. I have a job right now for my 10yr old son to do, only thing is he Is now in his 20s. He is too big for that job and too busy working two jobs to come help with the rest.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Morning everyone:)
Great tort property Kathy:) hill? What's a hill? ;)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Noel the lack of many hills, is one reason your area has some of the most awesome views of sunrises and sunsets.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I had a cranberry bagel for breakfast. Does anybody know why they put rolled oats on top of them?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thank you Yvonne. This is the RF side. The other 3/4's will be for the sulcata. Not sure where the DT will go yet. He's only 3 inches so I have time.
It's funny that you like my hill because we planted like 100 lantana plants and didn't know how awful they smell. They will be ripped out some day. Plus not tortoise friendly at all!
Probably put in red apple ice plant. Low water easy maintenance.

Or regular ice plant. It's beautiful in the spring when it blooms, and it's also edible.

Omg! Yvonne! What a beauty!

Thank you. He's working out well here in my home. He's a bit noisy at times, but you can tell he used to be someone's pet. He acts like he'd like some interaction with me, but he gets flighty if I open his door. Time will tell.

I buy deer plotting mix from tractor supply works great grows fast and has a crap load of good Tortoise weeds in it .

I haven't used Tractor Supply (didn't know they had it), but that's what I buy online for my tortoise yards (wildlife grazing mix).

Hi all! Hope you all have wonderful days this beautiful Monday. We had a lot of rain yesterday, but no clouds in the sky today. The 7 day forecast again calls for 60's/40's. I can hack that!! I just wish the leaves would turn and fall. I'm waiting for leaves so I can pack the desert and texas tortoises' hibernaculums with leaves and block the doors.

I really pigged out on turkey yesterday. And it was still calling my name at 10p during the commercial of John Wayne's "Red River" so I made myself a turkey sandwich! And more turkey today! Then, when I've finally gotten my fill... TURKEY SOUP!!!!!!