Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
@mike taylor......I'd better tell the truth before my sister outs me. This is a 1946 Ford Phaeton. There was only 2 in Calif and my Dad raised us kids in one, he also had a 1935. He bought the first custom 1957 Thunderbird in Oakland Calif in 1956. He had, 1963's, 64's and 65's. His '57 won all kinds of car shows. He had a Pepto Bismal pink Mustang. He took best custom more times then not, with the '57. This is one of his '64s I think. That's called a landeau cover, makes it a 2 seater. I have asked my Calif son to send a couple of pictures of the 57.
Last but not least, I was told if I wanted to go for a ride I hadda change the spark plug and siphon some gas outa the car.....so I did. That's an AMFshovelhead
8j0aF6tnhI35srm_O9CPg-tGnpFHSEbOFNGjFlvztCzy8ZUUpN6pdy4Hvv-uuYvui6kghBoMxNkoiCRBcH9aQv7tfHf1JZb-1MND4bLlBc0_0xpBjP9J4ePk7eF_0v0FLaXRcUmEAEowZeppE0dn4z0YdASacZA5mCPVeClT9hO2Ngpecna3NWd5bFikdse0ud2QmxKTM4lDKNu5Jnum4BdzlAYWaN4tUR8_fVrXjNiX0ypgdk_luwbx_1ylt8GGbhM3X7wKkVkytfZge6LVuHSAKerfiXqPMwGOOgA0WlLIY_VwhmfRSctThLMWgZClgB-YXIlaj_VW44LVqicCV_B40Vo9JEITpYg-WFKBQ31-Bglvxe9emxC3hQGl7pf8K2uS2Hgxy1InUAix8WHBzhj2mdzHYa9oVq8TFLfzLy-YmUGBxAgV1wglO1b_YUN85kL6r3X3LZEdcRgf9EgW4qV748Vf4k2-Jk32pBhPHkaBBLicO0UHDzifqrveQ5ZmAgDblx9p3fiUW-qrIC-qMPnH_ZFyuUgiRZikXM87hBhRCtzdisOxze-yYqy59ZSZQK2-=w844-h633-no
GYYUdsufABx2rLpRXRl8KauhP5NsNMbsaGAxv4mvNGaLgsviSlLm1daZ3oY_sISc8Upbn480jRwWGFUA7TgOAoAJQxqnKWeYr-CsY4rhu39pgy6MoYOruE5Rsrk2wQZ5G-_-M3I075xDqSL5y57GbaSGbiYVxoMs2qQwdEa8pBcnSU4m2d1pF7tKa_eHB8vrxt8ZQb0olLtqVmGcC9Ybo1QiMeswl5RpFip78uuKzHxVbfcsxAWgrNnHAjU3TmUkCDDjU5R4kxSISvXhaBnJSU-bY2YIPGIt--guy8Txz4cneRzgFGtlI7STrgBzij7C2qa44uDkx3Q2lmpBj7jKCh-Pak5TljqqlbHhICOSZECOUk_yF3FbFVnnYbcT63vPSXH6D2ri-8Bzuxm7qPs8mx7kV6Fw7M43446L8n4HxuveN-YHYYwW5KYckcxdoKJSQIU8mN7nPbz2ObQcckR1YI0BxEzO5w-ErZoS7ZWdzPGZ0WuYES0AGaWzx-kBh5KnNNjCCbfLl_Ma3V2WB9lvS6H2o02p4DnkmWls6iWaz_-vU7yL7A9JmupVYCUPeZJZfSWd=w844-h633-no
zISDLl-5PmqVWKZPBc4jC7ga9cUQ43wvADo-y_kal4JvkQFD1RuOfHC8ej76UklscYB5UOcEoF0a127PUMMLDRGPmk2nMcRdcrN1AKdHIAL0f9z-7yQf5IKneE1rJasxHOKb0z0edxJj8vlB9Ju8wm64VFdDTyN8k7SX0NONBlNNsARtOSI0aHacQrh7mWNiR7u3rPepdJDfUVExmxxWw01pIMfj1q1ae_ADBfv76lvgihSWxT4Nif83mudhbf98f490Jq4VK19pCyqUjqsNwlbIXVVuQOmI6QRgW1HAtm9RbAeHWBmyQDVYzUSC8vECDVOOAEtYVCXkX_-RWkRXLWdYWA8DeYvypPMPOEEstpwAaMN-PfqYCMqYdgKqusdUT5zJCh_OnqYtWCFOUrBnTwMiHCkyO9QSlQpeCFKh8mfQcMhvKhf539_FWVjjZ-gv6jgBUBZNm-6zdClyfVe1ZhSoFTTuwl4O2VwAWBXmktVpeZOK-MXY9AoVx6YRIKLxsB1-wt-51o4bqMGuGIsdIYnUqA17YxZUzTG06dyZIvI2u4_J3_zkuN8QAcVeW3y4pwCh=w844-h633-no

I hate to have to contradict my lovely sister, but the black phaeton is a '36 Ford. This is the car I grew up in. We travelled from San Francisco to Portland Oregon every summer, to Gramma's house, in that car. In those days there was no speeding because the cars didn't go all that fast. I'll bet we never got above 45 in that car. When I was in high school my dad got a '35 Ford phaeton and THAT'S the car I used to "steal" and drive along the beach (cutting school).

Omg he is so pretty! What are your plans for him?

After I've made sure he eats ok and is healthy, I'll adopt him out.

M

Maggie Cummings

Gosh, 3 and 4 are close together, I know it was a 36, that's what I grew up in too, until the little Bird. I just hit the 4 by accident, give me a little credit anyway. Besides, I didn't see you going thru boxes to find that pix, like "I" did.....:<3:

M

Maggie Cummings

I hate to have to contradict my lovely sister, but the black phaeton is a '36 Ford. This is the car I grew up in. We travelled from San Francisco to Portland Oregon every summer, to Gramma's house, in that car. In those days there was no speeding because the cars didn't go all that fast. I'll bet we never got above 45 in that car. When I was in high school my dad got a '35 Ford phaeton and THAT'S the car I used to "steal" and drive along the beach (cutting school)..

Rumor has it, that my 'straight' goody goody sister started that classic car with a bobby pin. Such talent in my family...

Last edited by a moderator:

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Life's finally looking up! I just got offered a 4th 8hr shift at the gym! (I mean now I'll work Sunday's but I'm not complaining!)
I also found out that before our old manager was promoted he told the assistant manager to make sure I move up in the company. Manager goals here I come! I'm really making a name for myself here and it's all because of me not because I'm someone's daughter like my other jobs always felt like.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Life's finally looking up! I just got offered a 4th 8hr shift at the gym! (I mean now I'll work Sunday's but I'm not complaining!)
I also found out that before our old manager was promoted he told the assistant manager to make sure I move up in the company. Manager goals here I come! I'm really making a name for myself here and it's all because of me not because I'm someone's daughter like my other jobs always felt like.
but nepotism rocks!

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I'm a little scared I think they're going to use my fistula for my dialysis treatment for the first time tomorrow. they poke you with big needles. I need a new kidney

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I'm a little scared I think they're going to use my fistula for my dialysis treatment for the first time tomorrow. they poke you with big needles. I need a new kidney

Are you for real? You need a new kidney? You're on dialysis?

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Are you for real? You need a new kidney? You're on dialysis?
I joke abouy a lot of things but I don't joke about this or needing a new kidney

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I joke abouy a lot of things but I don't joke about this or needing a new kidney

Omg I'm so sorry :( I'm deadly afraid that I'll need one too. I'm diabetic, and my AC1 is 11%. If my sugars continue to be uncontrollable, my organs will suffer. I've already suffered a heart attack once. I fear dialysis the most.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Omg I'm so sorry :( I'm deadly afraid that I'll need one too. I'm diabetic, and my AC1 is 11%. If my sugars continue to be uncontrollable, my organs will suffer. I've already suffered a heart attack once. I fear dialysis the most.
I used to be diabetic but I was able to go off medicine because I got rid of it. Before I went off my A1C was down to 4.5

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
@mike taylor......I'd better tell the truth before my sister outs me. This is a 1946 Ford Phaeton. There was only 2 in Calif and my Dad raised us kids in one, he also had a 1935. He bought the first custom 1957 Thunderbird in Oakland Calif in 1956. He had, 1963's, 64's and 65's. His '57 won all kinds of car shows. He had a Pepto Bismal pink Mustang. He took best custom more times then not, with the '57. This is one of his '64s I think. That's called a landeau cover, makes it a 2 seater. I have asked my Calif son to send a couple of pictures of the 57.
Last but not least, I was told if I wanted to go for a ride I hadda change the spark plug and siphon some gas outa the car.....so I did. That's an AMFshovelhead
8j0aF6tnhI35srm_O9CPg-tGnpFHSEbOFNGjFlvztCzy8ZUUpN6pdy4Hvv-uuYvui6kghBoMxNkoiCRBcH9aQv7tfHf1JZb-1MND4bLlBc0_0xpBjP9J4ePk7eF_0v0FLaXRcUmEAEowZeppE0dn4z0YdASacZA5mCPVeClT9hO2Ngpecna3NWd5bFikdse0ud2QmxKTM4lDKNu5Jnum4BdzlAYWaN4tUR8_fVrXjNiX0ypgdk_luwbx_1ylt8GGbhM3X7wKkVkytfZge6LVuHSAKerfiXqPMwGOOgA0WlLIY_VwhmfRSctThLMWgZClgB-YXIlaj_VW44LVqicCV_B40Vo9JEITpYg-WFKBQ31-Bglvxe9emxC3hQGl7pf8K2uS2Hgxy1InUAix8WHBzhj2mdzHYa9oVq8TFLfzLy-YmUGBxAgV1wglO1b_YUN85kL6r3X3LZEdcRgf9EgW4qV748Vf4k2-Jk32pBhPHkaBBLicO0UHDzifqrveQ5ZmAgDblx9p3fiUW-qrIC-qMPnH_ZFyuUgiRZikXM87hBhRCtzdisOxze-yYqy59ZSZQK2-=w844-h633-no
GYYUdsufABx2rLpRXRl8KauhP5NsNMbsaGAxv4mvNGaLgsviSlLm1daZ3oY_sISc8Upbn480jRwWGFUA7TgOAoAJQxqnKWeYr-CsY4rhu39pgy6MoYOruE5Rsrk2wQZ5G-_-M3I075xDqSL5y57GbaSGbiYVxoMs2qQwdEa8pBcnSU4m2d1pF7tKa_eHB8vrxt8ZQb0olLtqVmGcC9Ybo1QiMeswl5RpFip78uuKzHxVbfcsxAWgrNnHAjU3TmUkCDDjU5R4kxSISvXhaBnJSU-bY2YIPGIt--guy8Txz4cneRzgFGtlI7STrgBzij7C2qa44uDkx3Q2lmpBj7jKCh-Pak5TljqqlbHhICOSZECOUk_yF3FbFVnnYbcT63vPSXH6D2ri-8Bzuxm7qPs8mx7kV6Fw7M43446L8n4HxuveN-YHYYwW5KYckcxdoKJSQIU8mN7nPbz2ObQcckR1YI0BxEzO5w-ErZoS7ZWdzPGZ0WuYES0AGaWzx-kBh5KnNNjCCbfLl_Ma3V2WB9lvS6H2o02p4DnkmWls6iWaz_-vU7yL7A9JmupVYCUPeZJZfSWd=w844-h633-no
zISDLl-5PmqVWKZPBc4jC7ga9cUQ43wvADo-y_kal4JvkQFD1RuOfHC8ej76UklscYB5UOcEoF0a127PUMMLDRGPmk2nMcRdcrN1AKdHIAL0f9z-7yQf5IKneE1rJasxHOKb0z0edxJj8vlB9Ju8wm64VFdDTyN8k7SX0NONBlNNsARtOSI0aHacQrh7mWNiR7u3rPepdJDfUVExmxxWw01pIMfj1q1ae_ADBfv76lvgihSWxT4Nif83mudhbf98f490Jq4VK19pCyqUjqsNwlbIXVVuQOmI6QRgW1HAtm9RbAeHWBmyQDVYzUSC8vECDVOOAEtYVCXkX_-RWkRXLWdYWA8DeYvypPMPOEEstpwAaMN-PfqYCMqYdgKqusdUT5zJCh_OnqYtWCFOUrBnTwMiHCkyO9QSlQpeCFKh8mfQcMhvKhf539_FWVjjZ-gv6jgBUBZNm-6zdClyfVe1ZhSoFTTuwl4O2VwAWBXmktVpeZOK-MXY9AoVx6YRIKLxsB1-wt-51o4bqMGuGIsdIYnUqA17YxZUzTG06dyZIvI2u4_J3_zkuN8QAcVeW3y4pwCh=w844-h633-no
I already knew your dirty little secret .Yvonne has posted about this car before . hahaha But like most kids if pop drives a Ford they are going to be different and get a Chevy . Works out good for me because Chevy cars and trucks are cheaper to fix . I'm working on an s10 now . I had to put my triumph on the back burner . I almost have it ready to paint . Waiting on the weather to dry up a bit . Humidity and paint don't do well together . So far I have 900.00 dollars into my son's s10 . That's with buying the truck . Runs drives has ac\heat . I got my lmc truck catalog in today so I can buy the roll pans , weather strip for the windows & doors, new door panels, headliner ,carpet, and seat cover . Then I'll build a speaker box and put a nice sound system in it with a cord so my boy can play his guitar from his truck .

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

Good luck David! I'll be sending good vibes your way!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I used to be diabetic but I was able to go off medicine because I got rid of it. Before I went off my A1C was down to 4.5

How did you get rid of it? Lost weight? How high did your A1c ever get?

Well, I hope you don't get the big needle tomorrow:)

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
but nepotism rocks!
It did at the time when I needed the first job. But from there it stopped feeling gratifying. And it's like everything I did was expected because I'm "joes daughter" so I must be a great worker. I feel like people never looked at me for who I am there.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
My uncle just got a new kidney about a year ago after terrifying health issues that we thought were going to take him. He never horribly complained about the dialysis before, just the fact that the drive to the ATL hospital was really wearing him down, and the fact that you just had to sit there for ages while it happened. It got to the point where he got some type of at home dialysis "kit" or something so he could do it himself if he had to travel (like when my grandmother passed away) or just to avoid contact hospital visits since he'd go so often. I remember him telling me the weirdest thing when he got off dialysis and got his new kidney was the fact that he now had to pee again, apparently on the dialysis with his bad kidneys you just don't pee.
Good luck of your first treatment.

M

Maggie Cummings

I already knew your dirty little secret .Yvonne has posted about this car before . hahaha But like most kids if pop drives a Ford they are going to be different and get a Chevy . Works out good for me because Chevy cars and trucks are cheaper to fix . I'm working on an s10 now . I had to put my triumph on the back burner . I almost have it ready to paint . Waiting on the weather to dry up a bit . Humidity and paint don't do well together . So far I have 900.00 dollars into my son's s10 . That's with buying the truck . Runs drives has ac\heat . I got my lmc truck catalog in today so I can buy the roll pans , weather strip for the windows & doors, new door panels, headliner ,carpet, and seat cover . Then I'll build a speaker box and put a nice sound system in it with a cord so my boy can play his guitar from his truck .

Darn! I wish you were my Dad.
I have to save for whatever, then pay a high labor rate. That keeps me from doing more, right now I want to get rid of the catalytic converter, get new headers and run straight pipes. He wants $150, just to cut off the broken converter. I used to be able to do what was then called a 'tune up' on a '66 Malibu SS with a 327. But there was room to work, you could see everything, and NO COMPUTER. But I couldn't do the header thing, I don't think. This engine is all electric computer lookin and most parts aren't recognizable as engine parts. You can't even change the spark plugs unless you put it on a rack, and the 2 next to the fire wall, are impossible to get at and in 23 years had never been changed, until they put in the new engine.Yaaaaa hooooo.
Well, I have a very exciting day planned. I am going to vacuum all the bird seed outa my car and go buy some chew toys and a swing for the bird, who still hates me....man do I know how to have a good time, or what!