Pretend Chat 2.14

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Isn't that something your dad is supposed teach you when he teaches you how to drive ? That's car owner 101 . I think you should learn how to do it for yourself . You can buy and impact wrench that plugs into your cigarette lighter .

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
LaDuke....thanks so much for such a familiar sky. Beautiful pix. You should come visit some day.....We'll go get a burger. I've heard we're getting an In and Out in Albany....

Every "real" Oregonian drives a freakin Subaru, glad I'm a Californian......

I may get skinned alive by the Californians, but Burgerville is so much better than In-n-Out.

Granted I got my first in-n-out after a week of camping in the desert climbing and it was a bit rich.

Also I'm not an Oregonian, I just live here, I still claim Washington as my home.

Either way, now I want a cheeseburger really bad!

I'll post more pretty pics soon.

M

Maggie Cummings

I almost agree about Burgerville. But not quite. They are redoing a Wendy's and making it a Burgerville, about 3 miles from my house. I can feel myself gaining weight already....extra mayo, extra cheese....yum!

Does 10 yrs here make me an Oregonian? I've even gotton used to the weather, I stopped wearing thermals after a year I think.....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Now I do too.

Looks like Whataburger here I come.

I've heard good things about Whataburger. My son lives in DFW and loves them. We don't have that one here. Personally, I just LOVE McDonald's 39 cent (now a dollar 39) burger. I buy two, take them home and slather on extra mayonnaise on each side of the bun, salt and pepper and yum!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Morning all! We had a bit of frost last night. It's a tad foggy this a.m. but we're expecting it to be a nice, sunny day. I've used up almost all the firewood at my front door...

firewood.jpg

...so today, for sure, I have to bring up a couple wheel barrows of wood before our next rain event. Then, because of all this talk of food so early in the a.m. I'll have to go into town and get me some lunch. Funny thing about having a kidney stone...for some unknown reason, I'm craving fast food, not giving a thought to all the germs the preparers might have coughed or sneezed on it. There's a nice little Chinese restaurant in my store's shopping center. I think when it gets to be 11a, I'll give them a call and have them prepare me a #2. Then I'll go to the store and get an avacado, a tomato, some bacon, a can of tuna and some bread, so I can make me a tuna club sandwich tomorrow for lunch. I'll pick up my #2 and rush home and pig out!!!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
It's 33 out and I'm freezing!!
I hope I thaw out at boot camp workout!
Happy Tuesday!!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Morning all! We had a bit of frost last night. It's a tad foggy this a.m. but we're expecting it to be a nice, sunny day. I've used up almost all the firewood at my front door...

View attachment 164164

...so today, for sure, I have to bring up a couple wheel barrows of wood before our next rain event. Then, because of all this talk of food so early in the a.m. I'll have to go into town and get me some lunch. Funny thing about having a kidney stone...for some unknown reason, I'm craving fast food, not giving a thought to all the germs the preparers might have coughed or sneezed on it. There's a nice little Chinese restaurant in my store's shopping center. I think when it gets to be 11a, I'll give them a call and have them prepare me a #2. Then I'll go to the store and get an avacado, a tomato, some bacon, a can of tuna and some bread, so I can make me a tuna club sandwich tomorrow for lunch. I'll pick up my #2 and rush home and pig out!!!

So what's a #2? Orange chicken?
You just reminded me to go out and start my car because it's covered in frost.
I need to get back in to the garage! But that would require making room!

Now a burger sounds really good for breakfast even though I already had an egg and mini bagel.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Yesterday I made an easy chicken and dumpling in the crockpot! It was pretty good. It was a cheaters version but it worked.
Now I need something for tonight! Hmmm.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So what's a #2? Orange chicken?
You just reminded me to go out and start my car because it's covered in frost.
I need to get back in to the garage! But that would require making room!

Now a burger sounds really good for breakfast even though I already had an egg and mini bagel.

the #2 is prawns, pork chow mein and pork fried rice.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My camera has a cord with a USB end that I plug into the computer in order to download my pictures. Then, when the battery needs charging, I take that cord and the camera and plug it into a USB/electrical plug that I leave permanently plugged into the wall outlet in my kitchen...an outlet I don't use for anything else. That USB/electrical plug stays plugged into the outlet all the time. So tell me, where is it now? I went to plug my camera into it to charge the camera and the plug is not where it is supposed to be. It's not on the floor under the plug. So I went to my favorite shopping place in the whole world, Amazon Smile, and ordered a new one. I'm going to permanently engrave my name on this new one so "guests" don't accidentally take my plug. I may even get some gorilla tape and tape it onto the socket so it can't be removed. I hope the mail comes before I need to upload any pictures from the camera. Oh, the trials and tribulations of modern life!

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I almost agree about Burgerville. But not quite. They are redoing a Wendy's and making it a Burgerville, about 3 miles from my house...

Burgerville gets my vote mainly because they have seasonal specials like golden fried asparagus and fresh blackberry shakes.

M

Maggie Cummings

My camera has a cord with a USB end that I plug into the computer in order to download my pictures. Then, when the battery needs charging, I take that cord and the camera and plug it into a USB/electrical plug that I leave permanently plugged into the wall outlet in my kitchen...an outlet I don't use for anything else. That USB/electrical plug stays plugged into the outlet all the time. So tell me, where is it now? I went to plug my camera into it to charge the camera and the plug is not where it is supposed to be. It's not on the floor under the plug. So I went to my favorite shopping place in the whole world, Amazon Smile, and ordered a new one. I'm going to permanently engrave my name on this new one so "guests" don't accidentally take my plug. I may even get some gorilla tape and tape it onto the socket so it can't be removed. I hope the mail comes before I need to upload any pictures from the camera. Oh, the trials and tribulations of modern life!
I did NOT take your wires, remember, I didn't even mess with my computer.....or plug in my camera....

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth

If you get an electrician to do any work, buy a USB outlet and have him install it. Prob too expensive to have someone just do that but if they're already there it shouldn't be much.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Now I do too.

Looks like Whataburger here I come.

My roommate for a while was from San Antonio and she had her mom send her bottles of Whataburger Ketchup and Honey Mustard. I'm not a huge Ketchup eater, but I love the mustard. She also got care packages of some evil spicy sh!t from Canes(?).

Now I have the job of sending Yumm Sauce from Cafe Yumm to her since she moved home.

@maggie3fan - Do they have Cafe Yumm in Albany? It's hippie food, but it is freaking addicting.