Pretend Chat 2.14

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Thanks Jacqui!!
We also found two stay 7 week old kitties and regimes one and we're one!! He is the cutest little thing!!
Took him to the vet this morning and paid for some kitten package and saved $222 using a bundle.
It includes a tests, deworming and vaccines!

Can we see pics of him/her? I'm a loving cats in my old age.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Dang it anyway!

When I get "found turtle" phone calls I try to screen the calls so that I know if the found animal is a RES or not. So I ask her, "Can you describe the turtle for me?" She says, "it's big, has long claws." I ask, "is it on the flat side or does it have a high domed shell like a helmet?" She says it's like a helmet. I ask what color. She says it's dark, and it's real big.

So, against my better judgement, I give her my address and she brings me the turtle. Full grown male RES! High domed? Puhleeze. I should have realized "long claws" and "dark" usually equate to fairly large RES. Sheesh.

So now I'm stuck with a male RES that I have no hope of finding a pond for.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Dang it anyway!

When I get "found turtle" phone calls I try to screen the calls so that I know if the found animal is a RES or not. So I ask her, "Can you describe the turtle for me?" She says, "it's big, has long claws." I ask, "is it on the flat side or does it have a high domed shell like a helmet?" She says it's like a helmet. I ask what color. She says it's dark, and it's real big.

So, against my better judgement, I give her my address and she brings me the turtle. Full grown male RES! High domed? Puhleeze. I should have realized "long claws" and "dark" usually equate to fairly large RES. Sheesh.

So now I'm stuck with a male RES that I have no hope of finding a pond for.

Next time, ask them to take a pic with their phone and send it to you. This way you don't have to rely on their faulty description.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
We are having pizza for dinner tonight. It's been while...................

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We had a spot of rain during the night. The ground is wet this a.m. Don't know how much we got, but it's clean and nice outside.

I think today I'll put up the plastic around the YF tortoises porch. That involves climbing the ladder, not one of my favorite things.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
We had a spot of rain during the night. The ground is wet this a.m. Don't know how much we got, but it's clean and nice outside.

I think today I'll put up the plastic around the YF tortoises porch. That involves climbing the ladder, not one of my favorite things.
Be very careful my Lady! ! !

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA

Be careful climbing. We can't afford to have you hurt! Can you get a neighbor to spot you as you climb the ladder? When you're alone and there's no one around, that's a real big risk for you

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I made tomato beef stew this morning for lunch. Wife suggested to cook some noodles to put in for dinner.

I think we are set for today's meal. :D:D

IMG_2144.JPG

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth

I should start making review videos for Youtube; then I could maybe write off the ridiculous things I buy/want to buy.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Cuz now I feel incomplete without a floating light, and am not sure I can justify buying one. :(