5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan

joke-popcycle-sticks.jpg

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
At first I thought you were putting "going to the gym" on your bucket list lol. Good movie though. I decided to watch something mind numbing instead.

Oh and good morning to all!
Good afternoon. (It's 3.10 pm here).

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Where is here? I'm still in bed browsing the web. Thinking about garden/tortoise pen ideas that can be worked on in the winter. Spring can't come soon enough.
Oh sorry. I meant Amman / Jordan.

Spring is very far: it's extremely cold here and it poured with rain for 48 hours, almost nonstop. I do not like rain, snow, cold weather, (or anything to do with Winter), however we are in SERIOUS need of water in this "desert" of a country.

theguy67

10 Year Member!
Oh sorry. I meant Amman / Jordan.

Spring is very far: it's extremely cold here and it poured with rain for 48 hours, almost nonstop. I do not like rain, snow, cold weather, (or anything to do with Winter), however we are in SERIOUS need of water in this "desert" of a country.

Ahhh. Other side of the world. I am in Texas, and not a fan of the cold weather either, although its been pretty mild here. Just put the tortoises up a couple weeks ago, so its still decent working weather for humans, especially if you're doing a lot of labor.

I'd like to start growing berries to add to my fruit-plant collection, so I'm thinking about building planter boxes in the tortoise pen, but also need a pen for the hatchlings/yearlings. I also don't want to take up very much ground space.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Ahhh. Other side of the world. I am in Texas, and not a fan of the cold weather either, although its been pretty mild here. Just put the tortoises up a couple weeks ago, so its still decent working weather for humans, especially if you're doing a lot of labor.

I'd like to start growing berries to add to my fruit-plant collection, so I'm thinking about building planter boxes in the tortoise pen, but also need a pen for the hatchlings/yearlings. I also don't want to take up very much ground space.
Yep. the other side of the world and a totally different world.
Lucky you; growing fruits etc. I wish I could do that. However:

a) I live in a flat
b) I cannot afford it; due to the "water issue" we have here, if so I may call it.

theguy67

10 Year Member!
Yep. the other side of the world and a totally different world.
Lucky you; growing fruits etc. I wish I could do that. However:

a) I live in a flat
b) I cannot afford it; due to the "water issue" we have here, if so I may call it.

I suppose I am lucky. I'm trying to make my tortoise pen work also as a garden for people.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
You don't like chicken?!???
Let me tell you a tale . When I was growing up I had a big family . We ate mostly chicken because it's cheap . I many good money and I don't have to eat chicken any more. As for beer butt chicken I don't like cooking chicken . Time to get my old bones in gear and start the chopping.

theguy67

10 Year Member!
I'd love to see it.

I don't want to bombard the chat with pics lol. http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/redfoot-enclosure-update.126407/page-3 That page, and the following have recent pics from this past season. So far I have figs, pomegranates, 2 types of grapes, all producing, with a plum tree, and bananas planted. Apparently bamboo is edible too after you cook it, never knew that. I'd like some smaller fruiting plants too. I've been looking at raspberries. Thinking about planter-boxes for strawberries.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good afternoon Yvonne. How are you back there? Hope all is well.

I'm fine, thank you for asking. The weather here is pretty nice - good 'working outside' weather. Turtles and tortoises are all ok too.

A cute cat.

It actually belongs to my granddaughter who moved back east and left the cat with her mom (my daughter). He's a real brat, and bites you if he's not in the mood to be pet.

Where is here? I'm still in bed browsing the web. Thinking about garden/tortoise pen ideas that can be worked on in the winter. Spring can't come soon enough.

I get most of my work on tortoise yards done in the winter. So easy to work on fences when turtles and tortoises are hibernating!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi all you chatters!

I bought a turkey breast Thursday and am roasting it today. I filled the rib cavity with stuffing and am roasting the breast upside down with lots of butter. Should be ready about Misty's lunch time (11a). Until then, I'll be operating the WeedEater. So much to do. . . so little time!!

theguy67

10 Year Member!
I get most of my work on tortoise yards done in the winter. So easy to work on fences when turtles and tortoises are hibernating!

Right? Every time I dig a hole in their pen, they all come out and look at what I'm doing. Redfoots seem to love freshly disturbed earth. Oh, and don't sit down in there either, they see that as an invitation to socialize with you. Or maybe they're trying to eat you?

Either way, I plan on doing a lot of masonry work this winter. I need to finish the fountain, pond, and make some planters or raised beds. Have a lot of limestone that was left over from my grandparents house. I'm trying to keep the pen natural looking, while omitting anything that looks too "fabricated" like pots or chairs. Landscape timbers and stone is as far as I want to go with man-made stuff.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hi all you chatters!

I bought a turkey breast Thursday and am roasting it today. I filled the rib cavity with stuffing and am roasting the breast upside down with lots of butter. Should be ready about Misty's lunch time (11a). Until then, I'll be operating the WeedEater. So much to do. . . so little time!!
That sounds very tasty - the turkey not the WeedEater :D

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I don't want to bombard the chat with pics lol. http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/redfoot-enclosure-update.126407/page-3 That page, and the following have recent pics from this past season. So far I have figs, pomegranates, 2 types of grapes, all producing, with a plum tree, and bananas planted. Apparently bamboo is edible too after you cook it, never knew that. I'd like some smaller fruiting plants too. I've been looking at raspberries. Thinking about planter-boxes for strawberries.
You can me a PM with the pic, IF you like.