Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
We were talking at work on Friday, how foods you had a lot of as kids, are foods as adults you dislike. Funny to come in here and see the same type of conversation.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Spent some time in a waiting room yesterday, they had the GSN on the TV and almost every commercial break had this in it,View attachment 193720 We stopped at a walmart on the way home and as soon as you enter the store there they were, so I had to get one. It does everything that it says it will do in the commercial. Will be up that way tomorrow. If they still have some I will pick up another.

Never heard of it.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Got the truck broke down and the floors cut out . A lot of work but it's fun .Look at this beautiful woman working on my truck .

Attachments

• 1480826299159.jpg
    1480826299159.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 1480826320746.jpg
    1480826320746.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 1480826344476.jpg
    1480826344476.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 12

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Just curious - when you're speaking French, do you actually think in French or do you first translate in your mind then put it into words?
I can think in French for the basics; the words just come out.

Because I'm not as fluent as I was I have to think harder about the vocabulary if the conversation gets longer. I do end up mentally translating before speaking.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
How is everyone on this chilly morning!!
We have had very early soccer games this weekend and it's freezing out!! I'll be wrapped in a blanket on the sidelines in a minute!
It's my son's last game of his soccer career ! After 9 yrs he's done and ready to try football!

theguy67

10 Year Member!
Also, this may be a random question, but does anyone know the pH of tortoise poo?
Because it's a beautiful new day filled with promises and possibilities, so why waste it sleeping?

Tell me that Friday evening and I will believe you.

theguy67

10 Year Member!
Quick question. Does anyone know the pH of tortoise poo? I'm looking into using it for manure/fertilizer, but curious of the pH. I can always test it later for certain. Long time ago someone said reptile feces were acidic, but that could be from the urates/uric acid. I'm just curious of the brown stuff.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Honestly I never tested it, but I know it's great fertilizer. My hibiscus love it

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Quick question. Does anyone know the pH of tortoise poo? I'm looking into using it for manure/fertilizer, but curious of the pH. I can always test it later for certain. Long time ago someone said reptile feces were acidic, but that could be from the urates/uric acid. I'm just curious of the brown stuff.
I have absolutely no idea. I just put Joe's on the compost heap.

@Yvonne G was saying the other day that Sulcata poop is somewhat slow to rot down.

theguy67

10 Year Member!
I assumed it would be a good fertilizer. I guess tortoises would be much different from other reptiles (snakes/lizards) as they are herbivores. I usually either blast it with a water hose until the pile melts away or dump it on a grow bed for next year's tomatoes.

I never really see urates all that often.