Pretend Chat 2.14

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Last night we hosted my 20yr old marine nephew for dinner and man can he eat!! He was suppose to bring a buddy but he didn't join us and we had so much food left over!!
I packed him a bunch to take back to base. I didn't need it around here.
Then this morning we woke up started moving river rock to redo our front yard. Tossed all the rock so we can lay don plastic for the weeds. We trenched it and ran out of steam! It was hot today and we have bad backs. Once the plastic is down we'll toss the rock back to make a "river" and then add rubber mulch and water wise plants.

Before
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489982055.116313.jpg

During
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489982102.822568.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489982120.500925.jpg

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Sorry you got a strange email. Could it be your boyfriend's ex?
I love your water dish!! What is it?

She doesn't care for me, but she also doesn't have internet or time to harass us. It was weird because its someone with some tortoise knowledge. They knew that (generally) you don't cohabitate tortoises, but they didn't know that it can be done carefully and safely with Redfoots.

Also the water dish is a water heater "pan" it was about $8 at the hardware store. It has a hole that has to be plugged, but it is short and wide so the torts love it.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Last night we hosted my 20yr old marine nephew for dinner and man can he eat!! He was suppose to bring a buddy but he didn't join us and we had so much food left over!!
Then this morning we woke up started moving river rock to redo our front yard. Tossed all the rock so we can lay don plastic for the weeds. We trenched it and ran out of steam! It was hot today and we have bad backs. Once the plastic is down we'll toss the rock back to make a "river" and then add rubber mulch and water wise plants.

Before
View attachment 202575

During
View attachment 202577
View attachment 202578
You got quite a bit done.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Wow, AC. That is high class! Poor Charlie has to sit in mud if he wants to be cool.
Where did you buy the curtains? I need to change out Charlie's. He comes out through his but he doesn't know he can go back in because they aren't completely clear. He's not very smart.
A place online called stripcurtains.com:)
Jay isn't either. I had to show her too

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ

Before
View attachment 202575

During
View attachment 202577
View attachment 202578
Awesome job!

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I love opening up my phone to see ads for "naughty online dating" on TFO. Usually it's just targeted ads for things I've looked up, that girly in the lingerie was a surprise. That and the fact that facebook wants me to rent out my uterus as a surrogate shows me that targeting marketing may not work.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Before
View attachment 202575

During
View attachment 202577
View attachment 202578

What a big project! If you ever want to make a trip north I'll be happy to give you lots of cactus cuttings.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We had a very mild winter. This was good news for the fleas. It's freakin' awful out there. I have to spray Misty's legs with Adam's Flea stuff each time we go outside. They're just everywhere! And wouldn't you know it? Spencer has chosen this time of year to decide she wants to be a house cat. She rushes the door when I open it and get inside, where she stays all night and half the next day. I put the spot on flea killer between the shoulder blades of the outside cats, but ran out when it came to do the inside cat and Misty. That Adam's stuff works good, but smells to high heaven. Such a strong perfume smell. I have a very nice and easy to use motorized five gallon sprayer. I'm going to research what's the best yard spray and go around all my property where no tortoises have access. It seems that most of the fleas are right outside my door and in the driveway, so no worry about tortoises if I spray there.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I love opening up my phone to see ads for "naughty online dating" on TFO. Usually it's just targeted ads for things I've looked up, that girly in the lingerie was a surprise. That and the fact that facebook wants me to rent out my uterus as a surrogate shows me that targeting marketing may not work.

I get that ad everyday!! I don't think it's cool on a forum that kids frequent. I don't even like it! I keep clicking "not appropriate" but keeps coming back.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
We had a very mild winter. This was good news for the fleas. It's freakin' awful out there. I have to spray Misty's legs with Adam's Flea stuff each time we go outside. They're just everywhere! And wouldn't you know it? Spencer has chosen this time of year to decide she wants to be a house cat. She rushes the door when I open it and get inside, where she stays all night and half the next day. I put the spot on flea killer between the shoulder blades of the outside cats, but ran out when it came to do the inside cat and Misty. That Adam's stuff works good, but smells to high heaven. Such a strong perfume smell. I have a very nice and easy to use motorized five gallon sprayer. I'm going to research what's the best yard spray and go around all my property where no tortoises have access. It seems that most of the fleas are right outside my door and in the driveway, so no worry about tortoises if I spray there.

In the 20yrs that we have had dogs we have never needed flea control! Knock on wood! I have seen one flea on a dog once! Now we have seen a few ticks and the gross part is, it was in our bed. Yuck!!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
What a big project! If you ever want to make a trip north I'll be happy to give you lots of cactus cuttings.

You are so sweet, but I actually have a friend and my sister in law contributing.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
In the 20yrs that we have had dogs we have never needed flea control! Knock on wood! I have seen one flea on a dog once! Now we have seen a few ticks and the gross part is, it was in our bed. Yuck!!

Our indoor/outdoor cat keeps bringing them in because we keep forgetting to put the flea meds on. Don't bother with the off brand spot on stuff like Harts, its garbage. We stick with Frontline or Advantix after 7 years of being a vet assistant and seeing the ineffectiveness and chemical burns from the cheap stuff.

Lucky for me fleas (bugs in general, even mosquitoes) won't touch me, but they eat my boyfriend like he's made of candy.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

I wish I could say that. Fleas are a constant battle here.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Our indoor/outdoor cat keeps bringing them in because we keep forgetting to put the flea meds on. Don't bother with the off brand spot on stuff like Harts, its garbage. We stick with Frontline or Advantix after 7 years of being a vet assistant and seeing the ineffectiveness and chemical burns from the cheap stuff.

Lucky for me fleas (bugs in general, even mosquitoes) won't touch me, but they eat my boyfriend like he's made of candy.

Yep. I have found it is cheaper in the long run to bite the bullet and buy the expensive stuff

Patty P

5 Year Member
Rockland County, NY

It could be your boyfriend's blood type. There are now studies suggesting that those with blood type O are more susceptible to insects such as mosquitoes and fleas.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California

We're just the opposite. Bugs love me but don't touch my husband.