Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Not nearly the same situation, but my daughter has basically the same problem. Her husband works in the SF Bay Area Mon through Fri and is only home on week-ends. She has gotten so used to doing things her way, having a clean house and not cooking, that's it's quite hard to have him home on week-ends, messing things up and expecting meals.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Time before when Jeff was home, he picked me up some fence boards. I needed to add height to a couple of enclosures. I painted them while he was gone. So on this last visit, he was to put them up for me. He waited til I had left for work to do it. I was so pleased to hear he had done it.Of course when I checked it out, yes the boards were added, but he also had pulled stones from the bottom of one board (which he had told me were fine where they were) and left them spread out in the enclosure. So now I need to get them back in, so nothing can crawl out the space under the board. He also needed to widen a support pole. He dragged out some wood he did not use and of course left them dumped in the walkway. Little things, but a bit annoying.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Time before when Jeff was home, he picked me up some fence boards. I needed to add height to a couple of enclosures. I painted them while he was gone. So on this last visit, he was to put them up for me. He waited til I had left for work to do it. I was so pleased to hear he had done it.Of course when I checked it out, yes the boards were added, but he also had pulled stones from the bottom of one board (which he had told me were fine where they were) and left them spread out in the enclosure. So now I need to get them back in, so nothing can crawl out the space under the board. He also needed to widen a support pole. He dragged out some wood he did not use and of course left them dumped in the walkway. Little things, but a bit annoying.

I can see how that would be hard.
He is gone a lot, and reconnecting over and over would be exhausting.
Too bad he couldn't retire or get another job with less travel. Hugs to you.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I can see how that would be hard.
He is gone a lot, and reconnecting over and over would be exhausting.
Too bad he couldn't retire or get another job with less travel. Hugs to you.

Actually he had just started checking out local jobs, when they found the cancer. Now he can't change jobs due to his need for his insurance.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Remember @CtTortoiseMom and her husband Rob? I wonder what ever happened to them They haven't been on here since '13. I really used to enjoy talking to them. I'm going to send her an email.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Remember @CtTortoiseMom and her husband Rob? I wonder what ever happened to them They haven't been on here since '13. I really used to enjoy talking to them. I'm going to send her an email.

I miss them, too. Also think of KerryAnn and her jeep stuff. Wonder if she ever got pregnant.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
And Redfoot Man.
Remember he drilled oil of shore and bred Redfoots in like N. Carolina? I bought my 1st baby from him. He also had Knobbs who flipped and passed away.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
About to hit the road for a quick 8 hour drive up to Spokane in a rental car that doesn't have blind 'spots' because it IS a blind spot. Really makes me miss my truck.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Work is over for the day! Now on to supper with atleast my two oldest brats.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
M

Maggie Cummings

Hi all..... nothing new here. Rain, and some odd kinda bird who leaves the nastiest poop ever. I have a water and snow proof car cover that I usually put on.....but it's easier to get the stuff off the car than it is the cover. And things are the same in Corvallis.....rain, grey and grumpy people suffering from SAD. I sit under the basking light with Sam in the shed every afternoon, so I stay pretty cheerful.......lol. I actually never even come close to cheerful......:mad: But we're gonna change my reputation.....lol again

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
@Jacqui who wanted a girl? The parents or you?

You will love him no matter what!
Can't buy cute outfits but boy clothes have come along way.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Looks like you are going to have triple digits next week. @Yvonne G

It was 101F today and supposed to be 107F tomorrow. My son in law worked on m cooler this a.m. and got it working better. It only got up to 83F in my bedroom today.