Pretend Chat 2.14

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Good morning. Just checking in with you all. How are you? Have any plans today?
I have a meeting at the closest high school with my 16 yr old and then I need to dig some holes for some plants. My son has decided to go back to public school. I'm not happy about it but he has it in his head that he will be big man on campus so I have to let him go and strut his stuff I guess. -eye roll- lol

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1497276859.556303.jpg

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
It's already 80 here, headed to 95. Gonna be those temps for the next week. Wish I had your cooler ones Yvonne.

I shut down in the heat! Its been perfect here but tomorrow starts the warm up.

Sunday we are headed to the Eastern Sierras for camping and there's snow on the ground.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just got an email from my son and he says he made a mistake. The twins are about a pound each, NOT 10lbs each. I couldn't imagine!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Quite the clerical error there, but probably for the best. I couldn't imagine 20lbs of bun in the oven.

Neither could I, but he's never been one to exaggerate or stretch the truth, so I believed him.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
As a teenager of the '60s, this one really made me laugh (I had tons of shelves made out of bricks and boards). Saw it on Facebook, with no explanation:

a18ef093-8b74-4a01-8399-d846447c7ff3.jpg

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I just got an email from my son and he says he made a mistake. The twins are about a pound each, NOT 10lbs each. I couldn't imagine!

That's what I thought. I didn't want to question it though:)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Good morning. Just checking in with you all. How are you? Have any plans today?
I have a meeting at the closest high school with my 16 yr old and then I need to dig some holes for some plants. My son has decided to go back to public school. I'm not happy about it but he has it in his head that he will be big man on campus so I have to let him go and strut his stuff I guess. -eye roll- lol

View attachment 210088

Miss you!! How are you doing?

These kids think they know everything!

grayson

Hi, I notice that this pretend chat thread is full of people who are already familiar with each other. Is it OK if I butt in? :)

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
As a teenager of the '60s, this one really made me laugh (I had tons of shelves made out of bricks and boards). Saw it on Facebook, with no explanation:

a18ef093-8b74-4a01-8399-d846447c7ff3.jpg
lol! they used the books instead of the bricks to build it!

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Whew! We had wind gusts up to 45 mph last evening. It was pretty scary. Luckily there is no damage, not even a potted plant knocked over. . . fences are all ok, shingles still on the roof, etc. Supposed to be hot today, so I'll try to get my outside chores finished early.

@Jacqui - that's a pretty sunrise. Was this on your way to work?
We had rain last night! Pretty odd for June around here. It got down in the 40s last night.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I like the giraffe tree.
The guy Alvin gave me six little ones . My father in law is trying to grow them . He said that tree was only two years old . They spred , so maybe I'll have a wall of them on the back side of my property.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
1497322908811.jpg 1497322923568.jpg 1497322937079.jpg 1497322971113.jpg 1497322993396.jpg More photos to gaze upon.The last picture cracks me up . Jan and my wife munching on fresh grape fruits right off one of Alvins trees. I watched that red foot just look out the window . I wonder what he was thinking .

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Miss you!! How are you doing?

These kids think they know everything!
Indeed they do. Even the little one. Oy!

I'm doing ok for the most part. Definitely staying busy. 19 leopards, 2 teens, 1 little, and 1 mini pig keep me busy busy lol. One of the tortoises is a foster, and one will be shipped out to Byron soon. Freckles laid her first clutch on the 6th and Mia laid her first clutch this season on the 10th.