Pretend Chat 2.14

Bambam1989

Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
There is a random pizza place not even 1/4 mile down the road. No stores around, just a bunch of mini farms and then this pizza place, but they are expensive.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Me n Ed's here has a $10 deal Mon thru Thurs. But, being a hermit, I only make one trip into town a week, and that's on Friday.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Me too. I'm just outside the circle they have posted on their wall as to where they deliver. I've been craving some thick crust pizza.
My husband is extremely picky when it comes to pizza. He won't eat a pizza that has cheddar or parmesan mixed in with the mozzarella. All the pizza places that deliver use a blend so we never get pizza. I really miss the great pizzas from the east coast, so much better than California pizza. I used to make pizza but it is so much work!

Bambam1989

East Texas
My husband is extremely picky when it comes to pizza. He won't eat a pizza that has cheddar or parmesan mixed in with the mozzarella. All the pizza places that deliver use a blend so we never get pizza. I really miss the great pizzas from the east coast, so much better than California pizza. I used to make pizza but it is so much work!
I can never get my crust right when I bake pizza.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The hermit life is a great one. O to never have to go into town:<3:!

And SAVE!!!! My gasoline is cut down a half tank fill-up about once a month, and my insurance bill is cheaper because I only drive about 1000 miles a year. I used to take the truck in every 3000 miles to be serviced, now I take it in about once a year or even once every 2 years. I'm continuously getting notices that the truck is due to be serviced, but I can't see taking it in in 3 months when I've only got less than 100 miles on the odometer.

Another perk is I never get sick. No contact with those germy people in the outside world (and Jacqui makes fun of me because I worry that fast food may have been coughed or sneezed on, so I don't get fast food).

Bambam1989

East Texas
And SAVE!!!! My gasoline is cut down a half tank fill-up about once a month, and my insurance bill is cheaper because I only drive about 1000 miles a year. I used to take the truck in every 3000 miles to be serviced, now I take it in about once a year or even once every 2 years. I'm continuously getting notices that the truck is due to be serviced, but I can't see taking it in in 3 months when I've only got less than 100 miles on the odometer.

Another perk is I never get sick. No contact with those germy people in the outside world (and Jacqui makes fun of me because I worry that fast food may have been coughed or sneezed on, so I don't get fast food).
It would be amazing if I never had to go to town unless I simply wanted to. To be self-sufficient/reliant would be alot of work but totally worth it.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
I can never get my crust right when I bake pizza.
Most ovens don't get hot enough. What I do is pre-cook my crust a bit before I put on the toppings. Otherwise it gets soggy. It also helps to preheat for a long time, use the highest temperature your oven goes and use a pizza stone. I let the dough rise in the refrigerator overnight.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Im not certain, but I don't think my pinky is supposed to be larger than my ring finger. Guess i should be more careful when stacking 40lb wood rounds. 1125170943b.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Im not certain, but I don't think my pinky is supposed to be larger than my ring finger. Guess i should be more careful when stacking 40lb wood rounds. View attachment 223734
I had that the other day with my middle finger. It lasted about a week and is still sore, tho' no longer swollen.

Bambam1989

East Texas
Most ovens don't get hot enough. What I do is pre-cook my crust a bit before I put on the toppings. Otherwise it gets soggy. It also helps to preheat for a long time, use the highest temperature your oven goes and use a pizza stone. I let the dough rise in the refrigerator overnight.
I need a pizza stone.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I boiled up the turkey carcass this a.m. and made turkey soup. That's what I had today. I'm still feeling stuffed. I'll have it again tomorrow.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
So what's everyone having/had for dinner tonight.
We are having beer-can chicken tonight.

Oregon Civil War football calls for whatever is leftover for meat and lots of beer and a shot of Pendleton whiskey for each Duck TD. We’re at 7 to 52 and it’s not even half time yet. I love my ducks!!!