Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Do you actually drink Coke?
That used to be ALL I drank. But then two separate kidney stone incidents convinced me I should be drinking more water. So now all I drink is water or green tea.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hi Maggie!!
How have you been?

Actually, not so good. I have a disease paralyzing my stomach muscles, so it can't digest or push chewed food into my intestines. But I'm still me and sometimes I can even get out and work in my yard which is in awful shape.I am still driving an getting speeding tickets:p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My tortoise partner, William, was here this past week-end. He comes up from San Diego about every three months and helps with heavy chores that I'm not able to take care of anymore. Then when he goes home, he takes any baby tortoises that have hatched. Wouldn't you just know it? There was only one baby for him to take home - Lucky, a teeny, tiny baby that hatched from a clutch that had been sitting in the incubator for 6 months:

Leonard and  x a.jpg

So, here we are, three days AFTER William has gone home and this is what I see in the incubator this a.m.:

leopard's hatching 7-5-18.jpg

Ignore the exploded egg. That clutch has been cooking since last November. But the new baby has only been cooking for three months. I wish I could figure out why some of them take so long and others don't.