Pretend Chat 2.14

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
I am! Jeff is home. It's our anniversary.Yesterday was my youngest son's birthday. In a little over an hour, my four children, two of their guys, my husband, my sister and I are meeting at Red Lobster.
Happy anniversary to you both. I hope you enjoyed your meal :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This gal calls me and says she found a little turtle in her driveway. She's sure her across the street neighbor dug it up. I asked if she tried to give it back to them and she said they probably don't want it (I wonder why she felt I would want it???). After much back and forth, I finally agreed to take the turtle (even though I no longer take water turtles, sigh) and she said she has some errands to run but would see me in about a half hour. That was at 12:24p. It is now 4:15p. I've been putting off personal things, like visits to the reading room, because I KNEW that as soon as I sat down she would be here. Some people can be so thoughtless. Of course I'm going to feel real bad when she calls me later and says she was in an accident or that she fell of the face of the earth, or whatever.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Whatcha all doing today?

My two youngest and one boyfriend are coming down to lay linoleum on half my frontroom floor. Really just wanted my son's help, as more would get done.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah - in a case like this, more is merrier, but not much work gets done.

I have out of town guest and he's adding screws and silicone-type glue to the greenhouse panels. We had a real wind event a couple weeks ago and one of the panels on the roof blew off. Lucky thing I was able to track it down, it hadn't gone too far. The wind blew it up against a tall cactus in the front yard and it was 'stuck' there. That wind was a mini-tornado, or a very, very large dust devil. It passed by in about 5 minutes then it went back to a nice calm day. Never saw anything about it on the news, so it must not have caused any damage to anyone else's property.

I made a temporary quarantine pen for "Patch." I had him in the house in a Christmas tree bin, but he wasn't happy and the scratching and digging was driving me nutso.

Now I'm just trying to stay out of my guest's way, as he gets a bit testy when he's working.

I put the three little SA leopards out in a temporary pen, and the deformed babcock leopard out in his pen. I'll go take some pictures and get back here and post them in a few minutes.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
These are two CDT left to adopt out (9 years old):

9 year old cdt 3-18-17.jpg

This is Herman, a 10 year old rescued CDT. He's absolutey perfect in almost every way. The only thing is he's very small for 10 years:
Herman rescued cdt 3-18-17.jpg

This is the new quarantine yard I made for Patch, and then showing that he's found the shelter:
new quarantine yard 3-18-17.jpg patch 3-18-17.jpg

This is a new little SA leopard that I'm keeping in with Kim, a little deformed babcock leopard:
New SA leopard and deformed leopard 3-18-17.jpg

I took possession of two Mep with aberrant scutes yesterday:
two new me 3-18-17.jpg
(and you get a good view of the terrible roach problem that I have in this shed)

These are three left-over rescues from last year. The previous owner got them (4) as hatchlings and set them up in a 10 gallon tank. They lived their whole 10 year lives in that 10 gallon tank (I'm keeping the one with aberrant

scutes):
left-over cdt from last year 3-18-17.jpg

This is a Mee I bought from a guy in Sacramento several years ago. My foot is there to show you her size. She's already bigger than my wild caught female that weighed 25lbs. I didn't want to disturb her spa day, so haven't weighed her for you:
Mee 3-18-17.jpg

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Oh sweetie, don't talk like that!!
In the end, everything will come together!

I don't think the person who is harassing me and vandalizing my property is going to find a moral compass and decide to take up a new hobby any time soon.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
These are two CDT left to adopt out (9 years old):

View attachment 202422

This is Herman, a 10 year old rescued CDT. He's absolutey perfect in almost every way. The only thing is he's very small for 10 years:
View attachment 202423

This is the new quarantine yard I made for Patch, and then showing that he's found the shelter:
View attachment 202424 View attachment 202428

This is a new little SA leopard that I'm keeping in with Kim, a little deformed babcock leopard:
View attachment 202425

I took possession of two Mep with aberrant scutes yesterday:
View attachment 202426
(and you get a good view of the terrible roach problem that I have in this shed)

These are three left-over rescues from last year. The previous owner got them (4) as hatchlings and set them up in a 10 gallon tank. They lived their whole 10 year lives in that 10 gallon tank (I'm keeping the one with aberrant

scutes):
View attachment 202427

This is a Mee I bought from a guy in Sacramento several years ago. My foot is there to show you her size. She's already bigger than my wild caught female that weighed 25lbs. I didn't want to disturb her spa day, so haven't weighed her for you:
View attachment 202429

so jealous of that one MEP

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Up next in the world of "what on earth is happening in Sarah's life" I had a workout "date" if you'd like to call it that, with a member from my gym who's 15 years older than me. On my 2 days off we work out at the same time, and I've noticed I was being watched (although that's a creepy word, it was more glances than like the creepy staring people tend to do) so I started watching him back, yesterday I worded it "battle of the glances" well tuesday at the start of the blizzard when we were still open, he finally talked to me when I was working, a few more chats and Friday he asked if I wanted to work out with him Saturday, we did arms, fastest hour and a half workout I've ever done, it flew by. I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with my life.