Pretend Chat 2.14

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Neverland!
HOME SWEET HOME!
I've got company for another night, but I don't mind, we usually carpool anywaysn

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Prepare for a rant-

So my dad has was always very.. lets say INVOLVED my and my sister's lives. Lately, he has been trying VERY hard to get me to ask him for help. At first I thought it was because they (FINALLY) moved out of my residence, and he just missed me (because I'm THAT awesome). So I asked for help with little things that I ""don't have time for"", like plumbing and yard stuff. Lately, I've been doing these things myself, not wanting to deal with him. Tonight after I got home, he called me, YELLING that I don't ask for help enough. That I'll become socially awkward and a loner if I don't ask people when I need help.
Is it that hard to believe that an adult can maintain her own house? I really didn't think so.. That and I was informed that he doesn't like Derek. I know he's never liked Aunt Katherine, but i feel like he's just picking on things to push me deeper into whatever hole he wants. I don't think its fair that apparently I am over- independent and closed off. Honestly, at this point, I'm done. I really don't care who he does, or doesn't like (I know for a fact that he didn't like any of my friends in elementary school) and am just over looking his ridiculous judgments. Its my belief that anyone can have their opinions, but without reasons why, they're worthless.
Sorry peeps. I just don't know who else to vent too. Usually, I'd tell Derek, but I'm not in the mood to cry in front of him. Sorry.

erica anne

5 Year Member
Family can involve waay to much drama. It is sad. I love mine but sometimes it has to be at a distance.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
I agree. You know how they say you can chose friends, but not family? Like that.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'm lucky. The family that matter to me, love Karen. And for good reason, she puts up with me so they don't have to…HAHAHA????

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Oh it's a most wonderful morning! Good morning everybody!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's not the 'getting up' that's hard, its the getting up at a decent hour. Here it is already after 8:30a and I'm still in the house.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Hi all *waves* hope everyone is having a good Monday :D

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Hi forum. Almost time to go kick @$/ at Big5. :D Why can't I work with normal people!?

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Ha ha ha :) normal is just a setting on the dryer sweetie :D

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Heyyyy. My dryer doesn't have a "normal" setting.... I feel left out now. I only unload theor truck on Mondays, and/or Tuesdays. Most of the guys they have there are jerks. Apparently I'm the only female that shows up, so they neglected to inform me about the weekly competition.

Every work day, the boss comes in and says "Good job" to ONE of us. The goal is to be chosen. D

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I didn't know you did unload work for them. I just got moved into unload for Ups, so I'm very familiar with the boy attitude :D I think it's more them being insecure *shrug*

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Its a temporary thing. I usually work at a cafe on campus, but they're closed for renovation.