Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Hello!
It's supposed to be overcast and 90 all weekend...I am not happy.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
The skunking stinks for sure. I have to go shower soon. When Mikey gets home we have to go get his axles from the off road shop building them and then maybe.. maybeeeeeeeee go get my new truck. I picked out a few choices this morning that I may want. :D

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Kerryann said:
The skunking stinks for sure.

Nice. For me the best part is the only shower she can get into easy is the walk-in shower in the master. Which means the master bedroom, will have a hanging odor if I don't do a good enough job. Also, Ava has her kennel in the master on my side of the bed. And always at night, just when it seems like I can relax a little.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
1048760ud5i6t17xl.gif

We're supposed to get a little rain on Sunday, but it's still going to be in the 70's. Today is errand-running day for me. I got a flier from Tractor Supply - one of my favorite stores!!! I must go there!

Ken: We used to have a red doberman, years ago, and she thought it was her job to keep EVERYTHING, man, beast or airplane, off our property. We lived on a fenced 5 acre parcel and she patrolled it constantly. We gave many, many a tomato juice bath. Does the baking soda, dawn, peroxide recipe work better? We heated our house with wood, and she was constantly pulling down the wood pile to get whatever little creatures lived under it. By the time she died, in her very old age, her teeth were worn down to the gum line because of all the rearranging she did to the wood pile.

Well, in preparation for the rain, I got out there early this a.m. and raked all the leaves off the metal roof of the garage. I have a garden rake and a leaf rake taped together, and both of them are taped onto a telescoping pool net rod so I can reach the hard parts. If you leave the leaves on the metal roof, you eventually have a rusted out roof. I need to do the same to the barn roof, but there's a big pepper tree next to the barn and its difficult to maneuver the long pole in that space.

It's a little after 8a.m. and I'm assuming all the stores I need to go to are open now, so I'd better get my act together and get going.

Talk to you all later.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Thalatte, the prion disease is kuru. You were correct! Other prion diseases are FFI (like Ken said), "Mad Cow" (bovine spongiform encephalethy), vJCD (variant crustzfield-Jacob disease), Chronic wasting disease (in wild game animals... So when you devour venison don't eat the brain/spine, Ken).

I took a class on prions and it was scary yet interesting. Didn't make me any less inclined to eat meat though. Just avoid spines and brains. I'm no zombie, so no problem there. And some say the zombie stories originated from kuru cases since the people ate brains and eventually turned mindless.

But on a different tangent, I went to Ikea for the first time yesterday and we got an area rug, a smaller matching rug, and some misc decor for pretty cheap!

We do have carpet in the house but it's nasty in a few spots in the living room so covering it with a rug worked out nicely.

So sorry to hear about losing your chinchilla. Sounds like it had underlying issues to begin with, but losing baby animals is so hard.

That should say vCJD.. Cursed auto correct throwing random letters around!

And crutchfield not crust field... Now I'm imagining a field of pizza crusts swaying in the breeze...

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I had just left home with the hubs and my client called thinking his site was having issues. Luckily last weekend I added my application performance reports to my phone so I was able to go in and say no you are fine. Took about an hour of detailed queries but I am happy to report my Friday is intact. When he was saying goodbye I said hey it's not Saturday yet so we have a few more hours until disaster time anyway.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hey Yvonne did you get me anything at TSC? I was so proud of myself at Orscheln's (which is like TSC) they currently have ducks and chicks. There was this really cute grey one, but I was strong and left him behind.:D

Okay, been in here long enough getting everything caught up. Back outside with Dude, puppy and a few other assorted tortoises. :D

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I always wanted to take my black throat monitor to a feed store during chick season and just drop him in the trough of chicks. It would have been so much fun.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Sadly, during the great ice storm of 09, our power was out too long and we ran short on gas for the generator. Couldn't get to town from the trees down and he passed from undigested food in his gut. His name was Sparky and he was so very intelligent.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
So you see my signature? Now it's 7 Russians. At one point I had 32 breeding snakes. All but 2 pair, were Pituophis. Favorites of those were my black pine snakes. My reptile keeping has only been interrupted once really in I don't know, 43 yrs or so and then only for about 3yrs. But I've always had a dog and a cat.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Tractor Supply had baby water fowl, but, like Jacqui, I was strong and averted my eyes as I walked past. I'd love to have a little ducky in my pond, but my turtles would eat him.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
emysemys said:
Tractor Supply had baby water fowl, but, like Jacqui, I was strong and averted my eyes as I walked past. I'd love to have a little ducky in my pond, but my turtles would eat him.

I watched a YouTube video of a turtle coming out of the water and biting a bird and dragging it into the water. It was so shockingly brutal!

Status
Not open for further replies.