Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
taytay3391 said:
You all seem nice enough to let me join in on your random convo so... It was nice here today, Iowa, about 53 degrees. But I was stuck in class all morning and work all day. Blah. Tomorrow I must clean, work, and then drive two hours. And by then it'll be dark and getting chilly. Sunday is Easter so well be inside eating and mingling so no going outside then, though its supposed to rain. And the first day where i CAN go outside? Back down to 37degrees. Oh jeez.

It's always nice when new chatters decide to join in our conversations. Glad to have you here!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Rain has moved out, clouds to follow, high today 75*F.... looks like the kids get a day in the Sun! YAAaaaaah! :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Rand and I say hi from the hospital.. He was in acute respitory distress but is all better now thanks to the awesome staff here!! We are probably being admitted so we wanted to say Happy Easter...He is proud of his picture he colored.
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364653975.545357.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
CtTortoiseMom said:
Rand and I say hi from the hospital.. He was in acute respitory distress but is all better now thanks to the awesome staff here!! We are probably being admitted so we wanted to say Happy Easter...He is proud of his picture he colored.

I hope Rand is feeling better! and tell him that I always knew Goofy could shoot lazer-beams from his eyes! (Super Secret Powers!);)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
Pansies and violas can be done early. :p Which reminds me, I got myself an early Easter gift from the Easter turtle... some pansies and violas. (gotta keep up with Yvonne ya know) :D
hmm I may have

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:( Poor Rand. Just glad he is doing better. If they admit him, how long are they thinking of keeping him? He does know the Easter turtle will find him even in the hospital, right? How you doing Erin?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
:( Poor Rand. Just glad he is doing better. If they admit him, how long are they thinking of keeping him? He does know the Easter turtle will find him even in the hospital, right? How you doing Erin?

He is sleeping and breathing peacefully so I am great:). They told me not to worry because the Easter Bunny does come here too. They may know their stuff medically but they are not up in the Easter Turtle, I should probably switch hospitals because of that! We are waiting for his X- Ray to come back and that seems to be the determining factor on weather we go or stay.
P.S. i discovered my car can easily go over 100 and now I want to race people :) j/k (kids- don't ever drive over 100mph!)

taytay3391

5 Year Member
Iowa, USA
Yay goofy! Cute kid, too bad about the infection. Hope it goes away soon.

Just as a side note, ABC Family is having Disney movies on starting at 4:30p central time. Beauty and the beast, Milan, and lion king I know for sure. For those with kids or who really like Disney movies (like me!) lol

CtTortoiseMom said:
Jacqui said:
P.S. i discovered my car can easily go over 100 and now I want to race people :) j/k (kids- don't ever drive over 100mph!)

I have a turbo so I was wondering how fast I could go.... 112 mph was all I dared.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Morning everyone :)

Life is good

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
taytay3391 said:
Yay goofy! Cute kid, too bad about the infection. Hope it goes away soon.

Just as a side note, ABC Family is having Disney movies on starting at 4:30p central time. Beauty and the beast, Milan, and lion king I know for sure. For those with kids or who really like Disney movies (like me!) lol

CtTortoiseMom said:
Jacqui said:

I have a turbo so I was wondering how fast I could go.... 112 mph was all I dared.
Nice, I drive a Suburban. So pushing that pedal to the floor was very loud and probably burned up all my gas!!

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Rand should be proud of that picture! Lots of healthy thoughts going out to him, and stress free days to follow for Mom!
I think I'm warming up for a midlife crisis. (Its been a brewing) I can't decide if I'll get my Easter shopping done early today, or go back to bed. First I have to drop some kids off for Winter Percussion practice.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
pugsandkids said:
Rand should be proud of that picture! Lots of healthy thoughts going out to him, and stress free days to follow for Mom!
I think I'm warming up for a midlife crisis. (Its been a brewing) I can't decide if I'll get my Easter shopping done early today, or go back to bed. First I have to drop some kids off for Winter Percussion practice.

Best time for Easter Shopping is Tuesday!:) Peeps go to 1/2 price!:p

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:

I am so sorry :(

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Peeps are like Girl Scout Cookies. I buy them once a year and make them last as long as possable! it's easier with Peeps, because i dont like them till they get hard!;)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
He is sleeping and breathing peacefully so I am great:). They told me not to worry because the Easter Bunny does come here too. They may know their stuff medically but they are not up in the Easter Turtle, I should probably switch hospitals because of that! We are waiting for his X- Ray to come back and that seems to be the determining factor on weather we go or stay.

My new truck isn't a diesel which has a turbo but Mikes having a bunch of performance stuff added to it like a new tune, upgraded exhaust, air bag suspension, touch screen radio movie screen and programmer, and lady but not least a super charger. I know with big vehicles the fuel economy is yucky but sometimes a girl has gotta get her race on.
I hope the find your son is much better and he can go home. I know racing panicked isn't the same as racing for fun. Did you take him where your hubby works. I always find that going to the hospital Mikey interned at I get better treatment. I think you become humanized or something to the staff.

Oh right now Walmart had a great selection of cute pots for cheap. I got all of the pots for my outdoor organics for less than 70. They are all green in the same shade as my shutters. So excited.
Can you grow squash in a pot?

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Kerryann said:
Oh right now Walmart had a great selection of cute pots for cheap. I got all of the pots for my outdoor organics for less than 70. They are all green in the same shade as my shutters. So excited.

5gal bucket would be better....unless you have a pot that size.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:

Yes you can and it's easy. Often folks like using a bush type because it stays more well bushy. :D

Zamric said:
Peeps are like Girl Scout Cookies. I buy them once a year and make them last as long as possable! it's easier with Peeps, because i dont like them till they get hard!;)

Not a big fan of peeps myself, but hard is their best way. :D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Thalatte said:
but Girl scouts cookies are awesome!!!

The last few years I have been very disappointed in GS cookies. They just don't taste as awesome as they use to. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.