Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
My new love.... Mini caramel Cadbury eggs!!
I miss my tortoises so much. Today I thought to myself.., I am going to get a pair of bunny ears and put them on Sid and take a pic for Jacqui I miss my shelled friends so much!!!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Jacqui, that's wild what happened to your daughter. What were the sheriffs thinking? Did they think she and her bf were vandalizing the place?

Erin, I feel for you. First, I'm so glad your baby is doing better. It's never good when a child is going through respitory distress. I went through years of that with my oldest sister who had asthma. One time, she was so critical she almost died in the hospital. Her blood gases were so high it made all the doctors and staff flip out. I was terrified that I'd have a child with respitory problems. When I had my first child she was a premature. A few months later, she developed pneumonia in her right lung. Then, when she got better and was ready to be released from the hospital, she developed pneumonia in her left lung. After that, I was on her with any sniffle, she rarely got a cold and never had lung problems to this date.
The second thing I feel for you is about your torts. I don't know how I would be able to deal with that. I hope you get to see them soon. Oh, and take pics.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
I miss my tortoises so much. Today I thought to myself.., I am going to get a pair of bunny ears and put them on Sid and take a pic for Jacqui I miss my shelled friends so much!!!

I haven't seen those. I actually like the old fashioned cadbury eggs. I haven't had any of those yet this year. :D

Did I tell you all I kicked my diet soda habit this week

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

I haven't seen those. I actually like the old fashioned cadbury eggs. I haven't had any of those yet this year. :D

That is awesome, congrats!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

I think it was causing my allergy attacks. I don't know if I have said this but I have hives up and down my legs and on my chest and stomach. When I started getting them on my face it was too much.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

I think it was causing my allergy attacks. I don't know if I have said this but I have hives up and down my legs and on my chest and stomach. When I started getting them on my face it was too much.

Are the hives always there or do they come and go? I'm sorry, That sounds terrible!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I just checked the maximum memory temp for my front porch today…84! I'm sure the kids loved the day of grazing.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
sibi said:
Jacqui, that's wild what happened to your daughter. What were the sheriffs thinking? Did they think she and her bf were vandalizing the place?

Erin, I feel for you. First, I'm so glad your baby is doing better. It's never good when a child is going through respitory distress. I went through years of that with my oldest sister who had asthma. One time, she was so critical she almost died in the hospital. Her blood gases were so high it made all the doctors and staff flip out. I was terrified that I'd have a child with respitory problems. When I had my first child she was a premature. A few months later, she developed pneumonia in her right lung. Then, when she got better and was ready to be released from the hospital, she developed pneumonia in her left lung. After that, I was on her with any sniffle, she rarely got a cold and never had lung problems to this date.
The second thing I feel for you is about your torts. I don't know how I would be able to deal with that. I hope you get to see them soon. Oh, and take pics.

Thanks Sibi, with all three of my children having respitory issues i am kind of used to this but I think I got a little too comfortable in my own abilities and thought oh well I will just give him a treatment and everything will be fine. Thiis morning was a good wake up call to be more proactive with all three of them! Also, when I started rattling off his ox sat levels, they were like whoa that is bad anscale I could think is he has been worse! ugh, I am glad it's over!

Cowboy_Ken said:
I just checked the maximum memory temp for my front porch today…84! I'm sure the kids loved the day of grazing.

What kind of weather thingy are you using? My brain cannot think of the right word!!

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Cowboy_Ken said:

I know it, I got color today! Pink, I do not tan ;) Ken did you get a thunderstorm? We got one that circled our valley for an hour or more. Very cool.

Waiting to see the new GI Joe :p

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Yeah, the temps here have just been wonderful! The kids were out almost all week now. They are all exhausted at around 5 pm. I give them a few greens, clean out their enclosures, and lights go out at about 7:30 p.m. I'm a happy mom.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
The weather dealio is from RadioShack. It has a base unit here on the end table by “my" side of the couch. It expands to three remote units that are placed at my liking. One is on the front porch, 5' off the ground, in the shade.

We got no thunderstorm today. Maybe you're further south on the coast than I am up the Williamette? We had harsh sunny skies today. I don't tan either, I burn.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
The weather dealio is from RadioShack. It has a base unit here on the end table by “my" side of the couch. It expands to three remote units that are placed at my liking. One is on the front porch, 5' off the ground, in the shade.

We got no thunderstorm today. Maybe you're further south on the coast than I am up the Williamette? We had harsh sunny skies today. I don't tan either, I burn.

To me, there is no such thing as a "harsh" sunny sky!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

Are the hives always there or do they come and go? I'm sorry, That sounds terrible!

They usually are gone when I wake up in the morning but are back about mid morning and then get worse throughout the day. I didn't just eliminate soda. I have stopped ingesting citric acid as much as possible. It's in everything even if you aren't eating a ton of processed food. A lot of fruits and vitamins even contain citric acid. :(

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
When I seek shade. All day.

Kerryann, citric acid is good at fighting scurvy.

I just realized that its late for those of you in the EST zone, and I think maybe Mrs. C. Had a nap today. Not that I think naps are bad. I love a good constructive nap myself.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:

I just realized that its late for those of you in the EST zone, and I think maybe Mrs. C. Had a nap today. Not that I think naps are bad. I love a good constructive nap myself.

No, I can't nap. I had a busy day and it's hard to wind down. Plus I ate chocolate and I think the sugar is keeping me up. It was still worth it!!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Well, I didn't have a nap today, and I'm a bit cranky.
Cowboy_Ken said:

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Apparently none of Karen's side of the family watch, “Celebrity Apprentice" no one saw Kevin Bacon announce that he was, “an Angel in a human suit". So when someone suggested, sarcastically, that I was very helpful today that's what I said and they all talked amongst themselves after that.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:

I know right... :( I need it to live yet I am allergic to it. Is all vitamin c from citric acid though.
update I just asked mike who scoffed at me and said vitamin c isn't from citric acid it's from absorbic acid and you eat plenty of leafy greens which are a better source anyway.
Who knew?? hah
CtTortoiseMom said:
Cowboy_Ken said:

No, I can't nap. I had a busy day and it's hard to wind down. Plus I ate chocolate and I think the sugar is keeping me up. It was still worth it!!

I can only imagine the stress from today along with the chocolate didn't help at all. :(
Are you hiding the baskets tonight :D

Status
Not open for further replies.