Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
Must be! I was thinking coleus but those are more leafy and usually variegated. Glad to see they require high light and tolerate heat/drought since the geraniums and these ones will be getting lots of sun and heat on the porch. I'm thinking I need some small white or yellow flowers to offset my fire red/orange theme going on.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
And I haven't seen Karen for two hours. She's smart like that. She is, I'm sure, tucked in like a wooly bear, and that just seems like a good place. On a side note Yvonne, I'm sure I could stay up very late yaking with you.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
emysemys said:
Within the first week of me bringing home my brand, spanking new 1/2 ton Dodge p/u with a hemi engine in 2005, I got a speeding ticket. Man that truck motates! I had pipes put on so besides going fast, it sounds GREAT!

Fast trucks surprise a lot of people. I wonder if that's my attraction to them. Oh and they sit so tall

Cowboy_Ken said:
Sea salt is good for you???? Well that's concerning. I live to **** my doctor off. I'm much healthier than he, in the areas that count, yet I am the anti-health. I am simply enabling a more versatile, advanced human to be realized. Ok wait. That reads a lot worse than I meant. I have my standards, I eat hot dogs but only Hebrew National, and maybe sometimes I've been known to eat an occasional asparagus spear, but I roll my own smokes, enjoy Coors Banquet beer and eat the crap out of eggs. But…there's always a but, I remain good. Except when I'm I'll.

The HN are much better than other hot dogs because kosher meat can only come from the better parts of the cow and they also have less chemicals.
Yes when I was at the university I spent some time in the lab with the sustainability professor and he had a lot of really interesting research. He had some fresh mozzarella from an all organic grass fed cattle farm he made and it was so amazing. It was soft and had so much flavor. It even had a different consistency than what you buy. He said it's like really fresh mozzarella from old school Italy. Then he put some sea salt on it and I was horrified but he was right, it was delicious.

Jacqui said:
Happy Easter!!​

Happy Easter :)
I am doing my normal Sunday routine like breakfast and shopping, and then my Mom and dad are coming out to go to dinner :)

IMG_20130331_095003_003_zps7afcc7ff.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
947886y2ex40quuy.gif

I left my mower and WeedEater out in the driveway because I wasn't finished and wouldn't you know it? It rained during the night! Guess I'm finished mowing. :p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
No rain here today and it should be a fairly nice temp, but guess what! Snow moving in tonight and colder temps. :rolleyes:

Frustrated right now, because my darn boiled eggs won't peel right. :(

This was right after I moved my old truck that yesterday my ex and I put a new battery in it. Darn thing made noise and wouldn't shut off. Guess what needs a new starter and starter cable? :( Yesterday as I was paying for the battery, I made the comment about now the truck would break down. Didn't expect it to happen so soon.

Good news is Jeff made it here a couple of hours ago! :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Happy Easter!! Deviled eggs here too! The kids got up at 6 so I am mainlining some caffeine. I want to eat chocolate but I am running with Rob later and I always try to beat him, I never have but today could be the day. I'm feeling lucky!

Nibbles

5 Year Member
Bristol UK
Happy Easter everyone!
I am new round here so go easy on me :)
Home made Denver fries getting cooked in my kitchen today :)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
What are Denver fries?

I am going to dye the egg white on my deviled eggs

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Nibbles said:
Happy Easter everyone!

This is just light hearted chat so no need to worry :) welcome! I don't know what Denver fries are but the "fries" part sounds good!!

Nibbles

5 Year Member
Bristol UK
Haha Denver fries! Ok it's simple get fries and cook um, then get some lush sauce I normally use cream, chilli powder, pepper and garlic.....pour all that over the fries and then grate shed loads of cheese and wack it all under the grill.....top it off with some steak, chicken or pulled pork and just get ur hands and face deep into the dish hehehehe

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Nibbles said:
Happy Easter everyone!

Welcome. While laying in bed, I wondered why we went for an Easter dinner with the family instead of an Easter I've got a hankerin for a pile of bacon, eggs and although I don't eat too many potatoes that'd work to.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Nibbles said:
Haha Denver fries! Ok it's simple get fries and cook um, then get some lush sauce I normally use cream, chilli powder, pepper and garlic.....pour all that over the fries and then grate shed loads of cheese and wack it all under the grill.....top it off with some steak, chicken or pulled pork and just get ur hands and face deep into the dish hehehehe

Wow, now that is a meal!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
The fries sound yummy. I do a healthy version sort of like that except they probably err definitely aren't as delicious. :D
I cooked breakfast here this morning. I made cherry pancakes and waffles with nongmo veggie sausages. :D Mikey was upstairs showering thinking we were going out and came down to fluffy pink pancakes and waffles. He was so excited. They were so good. I didn't make them overly healthy either. I used some marachino cherries and a little bit of the juice, sugar, whole wheat flour, eggs, baking powder, and olive oil in them. I was so full after half a pancake. :D:D

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Happy Easter everyone ;)

Life is good

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Not so much on our Easter menu these years but we will be having ham, chicken/rice casserole, green bean/mush soup casserole, deviled eggs, tater salad, bisquits and strawberry shortcake/ice cream for the ending to it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.