Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Yay to eating dead animals! I've got to start getting ready to leave, folks. I'll talk to you all later.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's one good thing about living alone and not having company. I get to eat whatever I want! The Denver Fries recipe sounds pretty darned good. Glad to have a new face here on Pretend Chat. Welcome to the Group, nibbles.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I'm making roasted chicken since neither of us like ham, mashed potatoes, rolls, stuffing from scratch, and fresh (from the farmers market) strawberry pie. :p

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Nope. My digestive tract doesn't agree with cured ham... Or eggs. So I never eat traditional Easter fare.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I love pretty much all pork. Honey baked ham is my favorite.....but I cannot stand lunch meat ham lol. Ad I don't like turkey on holidays but I love lunch meat turkey.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
It is supposed to be nice but it is over cast and windy and we had snow coverage for to long and now my grass is covered with snow mold. It is very bad for people with allergies and asthma. Look at my sad grass....
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364748755.988774.jpg
It is going to raining around 5 and be a fairly warm week and Rob thinks that will help. I hope he is right!!

Last edited by a moderator:

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
It's a rainy morning for us. The boys are older so we came up with a Scrabble egg hunt. They got into it, and hunted up 44 plastic eggs with scrabble tiles. Your best word equaled $$. It's not the same as they age, but we had fun.

I made crepes for brunch, and will do a big Easter dinner as well. I have a cat recovering from minor surgery whose not eating. So I'm off to buy the stickiest canned food I can find.

CtTortoiseMom said:
Happy Easter!! Deviled eggs here too! The kids got up at 6 so I am mainlining some caffeine. I want to eat chocolate but I am running with Rob later and I always try to beat him, I never have but today could be the day. I'm feeling lucky!

Good luck! I envy couples who workout together, my hubby is not interested...

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
pugsandkids said:
It's a rainy morning for us. The boys are older so we came up with a Scrabble egg hunt. They got into it, and hunted up 44 plastic eggs with scrabble tiles. Your best word equaled $$. It's not the same as they age, but we had fun.

I made crepes for brunch, and will do a big Easter dinner as well. I have a cat recovering from minor surgery whose not eating. So I'm off to buy the stickiest canned food I can find.

CtTortoiseMom said:
Happy Easter!! Deviled eggs here too! The kids got up at 6 so I am mainlining some caffeine. I want to eat chocolate but I am running with Rob later and I always try to beat him, I never have but today could be the day. I'm feeling lucky!

Good luck! I envy couples who workout together, my hubby is not interested...

My husband is in way better shape than me. He goes to the gym, eats a strict plant based diet & drinks black or green tea over coffee. He just stomped me into the ground. Ugh.

I love your scrabble idea! I am going to have to use that!

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, its not going to get better, it's not." I am sitting here watching the Lorax by myself because everyone else is asleep! Even the dogs are snoring!! Check these two sleepy heads out... Shhhh don't tell Rob I am posting so many pics of him!!
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364760610.400759.jpg

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
That pic is adorable! If everyone's up at 6 am, it's definitely nap time :) My high schooler told me to watch the Lorax, he was right, I love it!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
pugsandkids said:
That pic is adorable! If everyone's up at 6 am, it's definitely nap time :) My high schooler told me to watch the Lorax, he was right, I love it!

It is such a good movie!! My other favorite to watch with the kids is "Wreck it Ralph" even my 13 year old liked it!

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Hmmm, pie...

My cat is eating and drinking for the first time since Friday! I've been syringing water into him the last two days. He's getting older, still thinks he's a scrapper, and had to have an abscess cleaned out. Took him waaay too long to recover this time...My Easter miracle :-D

Wreck it Ralph was cute too, but the Lorax was great.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
pugsandkids said:
Hmmm, pie...

My cat is eating and drinking for the first time since Friday! I've been syringing water into him the last two days. He's getting older, still thinks he's a scrapper, and had to have an abscess cleaned out. Took him waaay too long to recover this time...My Easter miracle :-D

Wreck it Ralph was cute too, but the Lorax was great.

Awww, that's great news! Congrats!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
RosieRedfoot said:
Nope. My digestive tract doesn't agree with cured ham... Or eggs. So I never eat traditional Easter fare.

I am allergic to pork and cured meat in general so I never had ham growing up. My grandma used to fry me up some southern style double crispy chicken and everyone else was jealous. :D
I had veggie fajitas and my mom brought me an Amish made cheesecake from up north. It's so crazy good.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Kerryann said:
RosieRedfoot said:

I am allergic to pork and cured meat in general so I never had ham growing up. My grandma used to fry me up some southern style double crispy chicken and everyone else was jealous. :D
I had veggie fajitas and my mom brought me an Amish made cheesecake from up north. It's so crazy good.

Amish Cheesecake?

I'm allergic to beef and turkey, I eat a lot of cured pork!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
pugsandkids said:
Kerryann said:
RosieRedfoot said:

Amish Cheesecake?

I'm allergic to beef and turkey, I eat a lot of cured pork!

Cheesecake made by Amish people. :D So yummy. My mom was right up by my hubby's family's chocolatier, did I spell that wrong?? She didn't think to stop by. :p
OMG walking dead is so nuts tonight.
So cute Erin. :)
I am happy about the cat and jealous of Ken's chocolate pie. :p
I also loved the lorax.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364783965.804529.jpg

Was a bit runny, but most fresh fruit pies without gellatin/pectin in them seem to be that way. Made a delicious strawberry syrup to go on the ice cream though! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.