Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
sibi said:
Hahahah, you crack me up :p You can't try to fool someone if you just stated in the previous post that Rob was snipped. :p You're just too cute, though. Love ya.
CtTortoiseMom said:
I stink at April fools!
We have this friend in our town that got a vasectomy after his 3rd child and did not go back to check if he was all clear and his wife ended up pregnant with twins. Now they have 5 kids, 4 of which are boys!! That story had many men in my town scared!!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
CtTortoiseMom said:
sibi said:
Hahahah, you crack me up :p You can't try to fool someone if you just stated in the previous post that Rob was snipped. :p You're just too cute, though. Love ya.
CtTortoiseMom said:
I stink at April fools!
We have this friend in our town that got a vasectomy after his 3rd child and did not go back to check if he was all clear and his wife ended up pregnant with twins. Now they have 5 kids, 4 of which are boys!! That story had many men in my town scared!!

Speaking as "One Who Is Clipped", a story like that would scare the Bajebus outta me!:(

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Zamric said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
sibi said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
I stink at April fools!

Speaking as "One Who Is Clipped", a story like that would scare the Bajebus outta me!:(
Yep, my husband got checked 3 times to make sure he was all set!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
Good morning everyone. I woke up with a swollen face today. Don't know what that's about. Funny thing is that it's only on one side. But, anyhow, how's everyone this morning. weather here is great lately.

Oh no :( Do you know what caused it? :(

You guys and your april fools.. I didn't even realize it was the 1st. :p

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Kerryann, gather your most productive team and tell them that that department has been sold to a company in India, and let them know team will be kept in tack with moving expenses paid. You really learn a lot about people if you can keep a straight face.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
Kerryann, gather your most productive team and tell them that that department has been sold to a company in India, and let them know team will be kept in tack with moving expenses paid. You really learn a lot about people if you can keep a straight face.

considering like 65% of them are from India they would probably be happier than most would imagine. :D We just acquired a new company and now i have to integrate a whole new team.. eek.. I feel like someone is playing a joke on me.
My day is good.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thalatte said:
Morning everyone. How have you all been?

I'm good! Did a little yard work in the Russian and desert tortoise pens this a.m. The grass is getting really high and I noticed a few fox tail weeds that needed pulling. While I was in there I saw the little male Russian sitting in the same place in the middle of the grass for a long time, while the girls were up against the fence sunning. After a bit I picked him up to check him and he had three or four red ants biting him. One was dug into the skin at the edge of his eye and I couldn't get him to let go. I finally had to pick him off with the tweezers. Stupid little tortoise was just going to sit there and allow the darned ants to sting him to death. I hate those ants! They usually leave the tortoises alone, unless its baby tortoises. Don't know why they went after a grown tortoise. Now I'm going to have to keep going out there and checking on him. Trouble with that pen is its so overgrown you can't see where the ant hill is.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Once you find the ant hill or places the ants usually are sprinkle som cream if wheat in those areas. The ants will eat it, and it will expand in their bellies and kill them. But it's completely harmless to other animals.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
emysemys said:
Thalatte said:
Morning everyone. How have you all been?

I'm good! Did a little yard work in the Russian and desert tortoise pens this a.m. The grass is getting really high and I noticed a few fox tail weeds that needed pulling. While I was in there I saw the little male Russian sitting in the same place in the middle of the grass for a long time, while the girls were up against the fence sunning. After a bit I picked him up to check him and he had three or four red ants biting him. One was dug into the skin at the edge of his eye and I couldn't get him to let go. I finally had to pick him off with the tweezers. Stupid little tortoise was just going to sit there and allow the darned ants to sting him to death. I hate those ants! They usually leave the tortoises alone, unless its baby tortoises. Don't know why they went after a grown tortoise. Now I'm going to have to keep going out there and checking on him. Trouble with that pen is its so overgrown you can't see where the ant hill is.
Poor sweet tortoise :( I hate those ants too!!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Fire ants have yet to develop textiles for warmth, so I'm ok with them. We have carpenter ants, and they destroy your house. And they're not small, they're up to 1.5" long. They don't sting. They bite with jaws that can chew through a 4x4!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Cowboy_Ken said:
Fire ants have yet to develop textiles for warmth, so I'm ok with them. We have carpenter ants, and they destroy your house. And they're not small, they're up to 1.5" long. They don't sting. They bite with jaws that can chew through a 4x4!

Yah.... I had those when they came looking for Termites. Turns out, if you got 1, you probably got both!

Thalatte

5 Year Member
So I have been going out to various places on weekends thinking I would meet someone to date.
I was kinda proud of myself. Went to jazz clubs, bars, bookstore, etc..

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
We're hard pressed to find termites in these parts. Problem for us with carpenter ants, they like damp wood. We get rain and almost everyone has a stump on their place. The ants move into the roots of the stump, then they send satellite colonies to invade a home with wood to ground contact or a leak around the roof line.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Thalatte said:
So I have been going out to various places on weekends thinking I would meet someone to date.
I was kinda proud of myself. Went to jazz clubs, bars, bookstore, etc..

I am proud of you too! A Jazz club is a great idea! Anybody worth talking to?

Status
Not open for further replies.