Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
I've been bitten by Baby Runt twice as I was hand feeding him. Let me tell you, he has a harder bit than my other two giants. How the heck is everyone? I've been away doing stuff and it seems that everytime I do, there are three to five pages to read just to keep up.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Ever had your toe bitten by a tort? Gah, that doesn't feel good! She just went after my big toe >.<

Double post... Odd. I took a video of her fighting the vicious earthworm.. That thing didn't like being bit either!

ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364854210.135114.jpg
Mm worm

ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364854236.953588.jpg
Looking for more to eat

Last edited by a moderator:

Thalatte

5 Year Member
RosieRedfoot said:
Ever had your toe bitten by a tort? Gah, that doesn't feel good! She just went after my big toe >.<

Double post... Odd. I took a video of her fighting the vicious earthworm.. That thing didn't like being bit either!

Mm worm

Looking for more to eat

See there is one now!!!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
A really save way to kill off the red ants is to spread corn meal near and on the hill. They eat the meal and feed it to the queen. They can't digest the stuff, so they implode. Problem solved.
emysemys said:
Thalatte said:
Morning everyone. How have you all been?

I'm good! Did a little yard work in the Russian and desert tortoise pens this a.m. The grass is getting really high and I noticed a few fox tail weeds that needed pulling. While I was in there I saw the little male Russian sitting in the same place in the middle of the grass for a long time, while the girls were up against the fence sunning. After a bit I picked him up to check him and he had three or four red ants biting him. One was dug into the skin at the edge of his eye and I couldn't get him to let go. I finally had to pick him off with the tweezers. Stupid little tortoise was just going to sit there and allow the darned ants to sting him to death. I hate those ants! They usually leave the tortoises alone, unless its baby tortoises. Don't know why they went after a grown tortoise. Now I'm going to have to keep going out there and checking on him. Trouble with that pen is its so overgrown you can't see where the ant hill is.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I think you are all the most beautiful people. You have great hearts and that's the most important thing.:D
My day felt like an April fools joke. I was so exhausted today after running around all day but nothing was bad.
It was so cold here in MI today. I had frozen drops on my windshield this morning.
I am trying to eat a small piece of cheesecake and it's so rich I am having a hard time choking it down.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I could've helped you with the cheesecake :p
Kerryann said:
I think you are all the most beautiful people. You have great hearts and that's the most important thing.:D
My day felt like an April fools joke. I was so exhausted today after running around all day but nothing was bad.
It was so cold here in MI today. I had frozen drops on my windshield this morning.
I am trying to eat a small piece of cheesecake and it's so rich I am having a hard time choking it down.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
I could've helped you with the cheesecake :p
Kerryann said:

There's a lot left ;)

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Watching the Lorax on our new 64" plasma tv. Went from a 42" cheapie clearance tv to this one and it's like getting new glasses! Holy cow!

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Yeah, it is. As long as you like Dr Seuss and aren't put off by a green promoting (or "dirty hippie" as my dad calls it) movie.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
I've been bitten by Baby Runt twice as I was hand feeding him. Let me tell you, he has a harder bit than my other two giants. How the heck is everyone? I've been away doing stuff and it seems that everytime I do, there are three to five pages to read just to keep up.

Mike gets bitten a lot but I must move quick because I usually avoid it. Betty was so mad at him the other night she head bobbed and then snapped at him. I don't know why but she doesn't get so mad at me for beating her beak hole but Mikey takes the anger. :(:D

RosieRedfoot said:
Watching the Lorax on our new 64" plasma tv. Went from a 42" cheapie clearance tv to this one and it's like getting new glasses! Holy cow!

I loved the lorax :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Kerryann said:

ooooooo...I'd love to have to endure that choking process. I LOVE cheescake!

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Most people love my cheesecake. Enough to say blasphemous things, like "Jesus may turn water into wine but He ain't got nothing on Kim's cheesecake"

I find it funny and don't think it's the best thing EVER but my family and friends beg to differ. Guess if we have a tort get together it shall become a cheesecake bake-off! :p

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
emysemys said:
ooooooo...I'd love to have to endure that choking process. I LOVE cheescake!

I'm not a huge cheesecake lover but it's so yummy. The flavor is fantastic but the consistency throes me off.
I had a bite of real I've cream Saturday and out was weird too.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I love cheesecake too and Rob makes a really good cheesecake with no cracks!! He thinks that the water bath is the secret to a perfect Cheesecake. He made me a Heath bar cheesecake for my birthday and it was very rich but very good!!

I am off to watch the season finale of Walking Dead, thanks for no spoilers Kerryann!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
I love cheesecake too and Rob makes a really good cheesecake with no cracks!! He thinks that the water bath is the secret to a perfect Cheesecake. He made me a Heath bar cheesecake for my birthday and it was very rich but very good!!

I am off to watch the season finale of Walking Dead, thanks for no spoilers Kerryann!!

Oh it's a good show.

Status
Not open for further replies.