Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
I'm never a morning person. I like waking leisurely. Too bad the rest of the world doesn't agree with me. :p Seriously, who needs to buy new decor and stuff at 8am?

I saw that break of his leg and was horrified as well. Can't even imagine...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Finally getting a few moments in here. Internet is not working once more at home, so am in the library getting a few minutes computer time in. (this way Yvonne will not get worried about me ;) ). I was happy to see the one box turtle I let stay out all winter has surfaced. Of course it's also now a bit too chilly out there for him. :(

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I think you like it a bit crazy Kerryann! :D

Nice to come home and find that atleast for now, the internet is back up.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Jacqui, as many blackouts as you've had on internet, you should be able to negotiate a discount. I often do it when internet goes down for a better part of a day. Just think if you add all the hours up, a half day here, a half day there, you can definitely work out something. Don't speak to a rep, speak to a supervisor.

Thalatte, when are you done

with that family? When does your contract expire?
Thalatte said:
I slept in a bit this morning and woke up in a panic as piper was supposed to be at daycare...but she was still sleeping so I guess it isn't such an issue...ah well.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
My neighbor just came home, so no more dog sitting! :D She had taken with her the ***** hat was due to whelp. The puppies came yesterday, two little males. I am surprised how big chi puppies are at birth.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Oh, I'm truly happy for you. Now, you can get back to living your life. Oh, btw, how's our Dude? And has the tecneu or tea tree oil helped any?
Jacqui said:
My neighbor just came home, so no more dog sitting! :D She had taken with her the **** hat was due to whelp. The puppies came yesterday, two little males. I am surprised how big chi puppies are at birth.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Dude has become a bit of a primadonna only wanting to eat when he is outside. I think he has become addicted to crap, if you ask me. :rolleyes:

Right now I am trying the Clobetasol Propionate ointment the first dermatologist gave me. When I went to the "speacilst" dermatologist they want me to either do a pill therapy or the shot one. Currently things are better then two weeks ago with the outbreak. This means I am debating just going with the ointment/soaks/creams and lotions along with trying to lose all stress factors. Or option #2 going onto the pills or option #3 (Dr's pick) going onto the shots. With both shots and pills I first have to have blood work done. With the shots I also will need a chest xray and TB test. Both the pils and shots would be for life. I don't know too much about the pills except they would cost me each month, are a sporadic schedule of taking them (which I can see me forgetting to take them on the right days or times). The shots I know more about: after the first month or two it's one shot a month and the company sends out reminders even, they shot comes in the mail, may end up only being $5 a month in cost to me... now the bad stuff lowers my immunity (so even a simple cold means I need to see the Dr), raises chance of some cancers, yearly TB/blood checks (not sure about the chest xrays), and in 10 years a liver biopsy.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
RosieRedfoot said:
I'm never a morning person. I like waking leisurely. Too bad the rest of the world doesn't agree with me. :p Seriously, who needs to buy new decor and stuff at 8am?

I saw that break of his leg and was horrified as well. Can't even imagine...

I do at least 90% of my shopping before 8am. :p I wish more stores opened early.

The main reason I prefer Home Depot over Lowe's is that Home Depot used to open earlier than Lowe's.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Eww.. Morning people, lol. I like getting up at 10am and going to bed around 1 or 2. Some call it lazy, I call it well rested :D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
Dude has become a bit of a primadonna only wanting to eat when he is outside. I think he has become addicted to crap, if you ask me. :rolleyes:

Right now I am trying the Clobetasol Propionate ointment the first dermatologist gave me. When I went to the "speacilst" dermatologist they want me to either do a pill therapy or the shot one. Currently things are better then two weeks ago with the outbreak. This means I am debating just going with the ointment/soaks/creams and lotions along with trying to lose all stress factors. Or option #2 going onto the pills or option #3 (Dr's pick) going onto the shots. With both shots and pills I first have to have blood work done. With the shots I also will need a chest xray and TB test. Both the pils and shots would be for life. I don't know too much about the pills except they would cost me each month, are a sporadic schedule of taking them (which I can see me forgetting to take them on the right days or times). The shots I know more about: after the first month or two it's one shot a month and the company sends out reminders even, they shot comes in the mail, may end up only being $5 a month in cost to me... now the bad stuff lowers my immunity (so even a simple cold means I need to see the Dr), raises chance of some cancers, yearly TB/blood checks (not sure about the chest xrays), and in 10 years a liver biopsy.

The shots sound like a better option :(

Jacqui said:
I think you like it a bit crazy Kerryann! :D

Nice to come home and find that atleast for now, the internet is back up.

I like it a bit crazy but omg today was like one cluster after another. :p

SO I just realized that tomorrow night i had dinner with my dads family. I am nervous.

Yurusumaji

5 Year Member
The Mile High City
I used to be a night owl who slept in late, but GusGus wakes me up around 7:15 a.m. so I am in bed at fairly normal hours most nights.

Too much to do to sleep in anymore!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:
The shots sound like a better option :(

SO I just realized that tomorrow night i had dinner with my dads family. I am nervous.

The shots even with the tests I would have to do first and then the liver biopsy in 10 years?

Why are you nervous about the family dinner?

Yurusumaji said:
I used to be a night owl who slept in late, but GusGus wakes me up around 7:15 a.m. so I am in bed at fairly normal hours most nights.

Too much to do to sleep in anymore!

It's my animals too that keep me from being able to stay up late and thus sleep in late. Of course every so often I can sneak in a later start. :D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Nopers and the only bullets are the ones to be bitten, not ones that are fired from a gun.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I don't know Jacqui, about the shots. First of all, self administering shots in the thigh has to go through the muscle. That's tough to do, and painful; however, that's the least of your worries. The immune system will weaken and leave you vulnerable to pneumonia, T.B., or anything out there that your body can't fight. You may as well be HIV positive because your immune system will be compromised. Then, there's the liver. Those pills act like a poison that has to go though the liver. How long can a liver go that before it fails. It's just not worth it in my opinion. You'll just have to do the creams, UV lights, lotions, and whatever else you can do to bring relief. Reducing stress goes a long way to preventing flare-ups and living longer. That's my opinion because that's what I would do if I were you.

An afterthought: who will take care of all the animals if you had to go to the hospital due to your body's inability to fight off any infection or disease?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Hi all, Rand is on orapred and they just upped it to twice a day so now he is running around like a maniac and it's almost 10. Waaa I'm tired.

With regards to Jacqui's intramuscular psoriasis shots. I guess it depends on your current quality of life and your risk of exposure to illness. The world is a very scary place for people with a weakened immune system. For instance everyone has staph that lives on their skin but people with weakened immune systems are constantly getting staph infections in the tiniest cuts and with MRSA as rampant as it is and I think you mentioned that you are diabetic this sounds like a very dangerous combination. Plus, I it's always good to know how long the medication has been on the market and how effective it has been for other people, what is the average demographic and of course what were the side effects with long term use. You don't want to become Big Pharma's guinea pig.
Another thought I had is, what is different? Is the psoriasis outbreak because of something else, like your diabetes? Maybe getting a full CBC by your PCP will help discover something easy to fix making your flare up the side effect. You may know and have done this stuff, I have been thinking about it since you posted and thought i'd share my thoughts:).

Status
Not open for further replies.