Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Kerryann said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
With all the alternatives to human urine, I'm with Mrs.C. on this one. I mean really, a cow puts out so much more than a human.
I had a spinal tap when I was 8/9 yrs old. I don't remember it hurting. I got to go to the ER lab and look at the slide too.purple stain was splattered everywhere in the sink area.

wait so you are sayin you want to not drink your own urine but would rather drink a cows urine?? ;):p

If a cow is alive and urinating, it must have a water source. I would rather see what it's drinking:).

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
Kerryann said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
With all the alternatives to human urine, I'm with Mrs.C. on this one. I mean really, a cow puts out so much more than a human.
I had a spinal tap when I was 8/9 yrs old. I don't remember it hurting. I got to go to the ER lab and look at the slide too.purple stain was splattered everywhere in the sink area.

wait so you are sayin you want to not drink your own urine but would rather drink a cows urine?? ;):p

If a cow is alive and urinating, it must have a water source. I would rather see what it's drinking:).

The same would hold true for making milk which he may have also meant. Sorry Ken.. I had to. I am so tired I am slap happy.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Wow, so now we're on urine? I will never drink any Urine, period! I've got one foot in the grave now. So, I'd just have to roll over and die.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
Wow, so now we're on urine? I will never drink any Urine, period! I've got one foot in the grave now. So, I'd just have to roll over and die.

A friend who is only 37 had a heart attack today. He had a 100% blockage. So scary and we were shocked.
You have zero feet in the grave fyi.. I won't have it. I'd be too sad if you left.

Talking about death I don't remember if any of you remember my grandpa dying last year. I barely knew him or my dads family and it has always been a source of pain for me. I really thought when I found out he died that I'd never see that side of my family again. They said he left me something at his funeral. Well I had dinner with my aunt and uncle a fee nights ago and it's nice to be getting to know them. I am also going to get pics of my dad. Anyway I have always been on my own and never expected anything from anyone as I was raised with the mantra to always take care of myself because no one will help me. Anyway, I got what he left me and I'm very shocked and grateful but it does make me also regret not pushing myself to get to know him because he obviously thought of me. I always thought I was like the family black sheep or dirty secret or that they were ashamed I was so poor as a kid. Anyway, I never figured out that maybe out was hard at first for them because I probably reminded them of their loss, and then they never reached out either because it was awkward. Anyway it was a learning experience for me. I'm very overwhelmed and Mike keeps asking me what I want to do.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
That sounds very much like my life too. Only, my father never left us anything. I never knew his side of the family, and I'm only learning who they were through ancestry.com. My father died a year after my mom, and his family were business people. His older brother, my uncle, owned a huge grocery store in Vineland, New Jersey. It's sad. But I believe it makes for better people because we don't take things for granted, at least you and I haven't.
Kerryann said:
sibi said:

A friend who is only 37 had a heart attack today. He had a 100% blockage. So scary and we were shocked.
Too have zero feet in the grave fyi.. I won't have it. I'd be too sad if you left.

Talking about death I don't remember if any of you remember my grandpa dying last year. I barely knew him or my dads family and it has always been a source of pain for me. I really thought when I found out he died that I'd never see that side of my family again. They said he left me something at his funeral. Well I had dinner with my aunt and uncle a fee nights ago and it's nice to be getting to know them. I am also going to get pics of my dad. Anyway I have always been on my own and never expected anything from anyone as I was raised with the mantra to always take care of myself because no one will help me. Anyway, I got what he left me and I'm very shocked and grateful but it does make me also regret not pushing myself to get to know him because he obviously thought of me. I always thought I was like the family black sheep or dirty secret or that they were ashamed I was so poor as a kid. Anyway, I never figured out that maybe out was hard at first for them because I probably reminded them of their loss, and then they never reached out either because it was awkward. Anyway it was a learning experience for me. I'm very overwhelmed and Mike keeps asking me what I want to do.

Bty, kerryann, did your friend live? If he had 100% blockage, what did they do for him? Did he have stents put in?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
That sounds very much like my life too. Only, my father never left us anything. I never knew his side of the family, and I'm only learning who they were through ancestry.com. My father died a year after my mom, and his family were business people. His older brother, my uncle, owned a huge grocery store in Vineland, New Jersey. It's sad. But I believe it makes for better people because we don't take things for granted, at least you and I haven't.

I agree and it also gave me the drive to prove to myself I want the trash I thought they thought I was.
I got cards for holidays and when I was five my grandma came out and took me to get something at kmart. My uncle always came to see me when he was in town so I knee him best. When I was 12 my grandma was diagnosed with cancer so she started getting to know me and I had this family picture taken with them all and after she died poof I saw them no more. My dad died before I was born so I didn't know him either. Add a kid it's hard to understand adult feelings so you think it's your own fault.
Okay off to bed. Sorry to unload but I'm sure it's part of my stress and I'm burying myself in work to avoid discussing this.

Yes he's alive and had a stent.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Did everyone go to sleep? If so, I guess I'll talk tomorrow. I'll be on for a little while longer.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Hey Sibi. I'm here sorta.

Mrs. C. Was all bragging about her sunny weather earlier, and I don't know if I have the heart to let her know that we had wicked bad stormy weather here today, and tomorrow is gonna be worse, so she'll be slammed in a couple days.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Wow, well I guess she'll find out soon enough. I think we'll have good weather from here on out.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I had to run to town for dinner fixins and I had my wipers set to spaz. It was coming down hard enough I almost pulled over from the inability to see. Hail too, close too 1/4". Last week 70 degrees…hell, I'm gonna sue that rodent Phil too.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
It's a good thing that you were able to get home. You live in an area where storms come from nowhere.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
When I got home, the walkway was dry. For crying out load, I was all of 5 miles from home. We do tell people if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes or drive 5 miles. Too true today.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
That's wild. During the summer, when we have scattered showers, it could rain on one side of town, and be sunny on the other side of town.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Rosiesredfoots is on my coast, right? Our next storm is gonna give her wind gusts of 45-60 mph with all kinds of rain. Here we'll have steady 15-25 winds with the rain and possible thunder storms. This is what gives May flowers for tortoises, right?

No one talked about it, (heathens!) but yesterday was FFA Take Your Tractor to School Day. Recognize!!!!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Yes, she's on the west coast. I guess we ought to thank you people on the west for our spring showers, ay?

My hubby and I watched Hachi today. It was a tear jerker. Robert Geer was staring. I need to tell him I think his costar, Hachi, was wonderful.

Cowboy_Ken said:
Rosiesredfoots is on my coast, right? Our next storm is gonna give her wind gusts of 45-60 mph with all kinds of rain. Here we'll have steady 15-25 winds with the rain and possible thunder storms. This is what gives May flowers for tortoises, right?

No one talked about it, (heathens!) but yesterday was FFA Take Your Tractor to School Day. Recognize!!!!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Ok everyone, here is my P.S.A. of the week; Sunday morning at 10:00 am the PBR will be on your network tv. Check local listings for times and network coverage. Come on J. B. !!!!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
what's P.S.A.? I don't think we get PBR. I checked a while back.

Cowboy_Ken said:
Ok everyone, here is my P.S.A. of the week; Sunday morning at 10:00 am the PBR will be on your network tv. Check local listings for times and network coverage. Come on J. B. !!!!

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
My hubs was 37 when he had his heart attack. It was a wake up call for everyone we know! Hopefully your friend and everyone he knows will heed the warning.

Some families work differently, being recognized is important. Looks to me like a chance to work on future relationships in your grandpas honor.

Weather was very springlike today, rain, wind, sunshine. In one soccer game I was in tshirt and jeans, had hoodie on, hood up, using umbrella, then put it all away, got it all back on, etc...

We went out to eat and I got glutened :( Crashed for 4 hours, am now awake with hip pain and a raging sore throat. My food allergies have been kicking my butt lately. I've been working on getting my eating back to pristine. Today should have been an okay meal, guess its a sign that I really need to focus!

Status
Not open for further replies.