Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Jacqui said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Good morning, I slept in until 10 this morning! It felt so good! I am so excited because next Sunday we are taking my niece back to school in Boston, I haven't seen her dorm or campus yet. Then we are going to hang in Boston for the day. :)

I am not sure why it is, but Boston has always been a city I wanted to visit. Perhaps since so many Irish are there?

I have only been there once before for my husbands office Christmas party. His parties are always in a different state every year and we get to stay in a beautiful suite for the whe weekend. We only stayed until about 1am though because one of the kids got sick as usual and we drove home in the middle of the night. So I am excited to go back and see the sights.
We missed this years Christmas party weekend in Vegas which kind of hurt because we we're supposed to drive Lamborghini's in the desert. Which sounded fun because I don't really like Vegas.
My favorite city is NYC followed closely by D.C. They are very different but special in their own ways.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
Sorry, I don't have cable I just watch apple tv so I would not be able to watch it anyway. I did see where you wrote about rain coming my way and you were right, Wed & Thurs rain but temps should be in low 59's do no more snow, yaaaay!
Plus it will be 60's Monday. & Tuesday so that I am happy with that!

Low 59's was supposed to be low 50's, haha!!

We are supposed to get snow Thursday boo

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
CtTortoiseMom said:
You only say that because you haven't been to the closest town to me, “Silverton". I think the tag line for Silverton is, “Oregon's garden city".

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
You only say that because you haven't been to the closest town to me, “Silverton". I think the tag line for Silverton is, “Oregon's garden city".

Sounds beautiful Ken:)

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Thalatte said:
Good morning.
I am painting my dogs nails. She doesn't like it.

My dog's mobile groomer is advertising gel manicures for dog's. Craziness!

Thalatte

5 Year Member
That is weird. I am only doing it because as I was painting my nails she tried to climb into my lap for attention...so obviously she wanted here done right?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
I have only been there once before for my husbands office Christmas party. His parties are always in a different state every year and we get to stay in a beautiful suite for the whe weekend. We only stayed until about 1am though because one of the kids got sick as usual and we drove home in the middle of the night. So I am excited to go back and see the sights.
We missed this years Christmas party weekend in Vegas which kind of hurt because we we're supposed to drive Lamborghini's in the desert. Which sounded fun because I don't really like Vegas.
My favorite city is NYC followed closely by D.C. They are very different but special in their own ways.

I wasn't too impressed with Vegas myself. That is where Jeff and I got married. :D When we first got to town we had an old hooker run up to the car to make an offering to Jeff. She had on an old floppy housecoat and rubber boots. :D It made at lasting memory for us. :D The only part of the strip I liked was the water show at the Bellagio. I want to go back and see that again. There is also an interesting pet store in Vegas with all kinds of hatchling turtles.

NYC from what I saw as we drove through it in the semi is not for me. :D I was so disappointed by the Statue of Liberty. I just never thought of her as small and green. :D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
Good morning, I slept in until 10 this morning! It felt so good! I am so excited because next Sunday we are taking my niece back to school in Boston, I haven't seen her dorm or campus yet. Then we are going to hang in Boston for the day. :)

Boston sounds like a fun outing :D

Jacqui said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

I wasn't too impressed with Vegas myself. That is where Jeff and I got married. :D When we first got to town we had an old hooker run up to the car to make an offering to Jeff. She had on an old floppy housecoat and rubber boots. :D It made at lasting memory for us. :D The only part of the strip I liked was the water show at the Bellagio. I want to go back and see that again. There is also an interesting pet store in Vegas with all kinds of hatchling turtles.

NYC from what I saw as we drove through it in the semi is not for me. :D I was so disappointed by the Statue of Liberty. I just never thought of her as small and green. :D

I have never been to vegas but I'd really like to go. I am trying to decide if we should plan a trip this year somewhere far away since we are hoping to be pregnant early next year.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Either far away or some kind of vacation you won't be able to do for the next twenty years due to having children. :cool:

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
One thing that disappointed me the most about Vegas was after seeing all the movies and TV shows, I was so excited to get to gamble on those machines. You know you put in your penny, you pull down on the arm, and walla! Except in reality there is no more actual coin play and no arms to pull (with very few exceptions). Not to mention when you do win, those coins don't come rolling out. You get instead a slip of papre to take to cash out. :( Completely bummed me out. :( :(

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I think the only good thing to do in Vegas is see the shows. Cirque du soleil is amazing.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Thalatte said:
Unless you take the kids and then it is t really a vacation is it?

I think when you have kids, you do need to take them on the vacations. (that's just my thoughts). So you take different kinds of vacations.

Thalatte said:
I think the only good thing to do in Vegas is see the shows. Cirque du soleil is amazing.

Once more, for cheap me, I just could not see spending that amount of money for something like that which lasts such a short time.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Oh I agree they need to go on vacations and travel it is just not a real vacation for the parents for the most part as it can be stressful traveling with kids.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
One thing that disappointed me the most about Vegas was after seeing all the movies and TV shows, I was so excited to get to gamble on those machines. You know you put in your penny, you pull down on the arm, and walla! Except in reality there is no more actual coin play and no arms to pull (with very few exceptions). Not to mention when you do win, those coins don't come rolling out. You get instead a slip of papre to take to cash out. :( Completely bummed me out. :( :(
Jacqui you and I are very similiar! I got married in the Excalibur in Vegas and had my reception in the Belagio. We were there for 3 days with 20 of our nearest & dearest and by the evening of the 2nd day I was like ok, I've seen Vegas.

I am out shopping and bought my dream kitchen table!!! It is all reclaimed wood and super sturdy and came with a bench seat. Now I just need to find 4 chairs. I am soooooo excited !!

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I love Vegas. I go twice a year, and I never get bored of it. Then again I am 23 lol

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Nope, cowboy, I'm on the east coast in the Carolina's where it's 75 today. Might have a thunderstorm a'brewin' though.

I weeded my pansies and planted some marigolds. Also redecorated my mantel.. ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365367323.195686.jpg

Nothing fancy, just some flowers and bird votive holders. It's as decorated as my bf will allow, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
theelectraco said:
I love Vegas. I go twice a year, and I never get bored of it. Then again I am 23 lol

When I got married their I was 22. But I don't drink or gamble so after circ du sole and the pirates of the Caribbean and water shows there is not much else to do except pay for s*% and since I was there to get married that part was free, haha! Yup, I went there!

Status
Not open for further replies.