Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Yep and the front end of the frame on my jeep is starting to crack so it is going to the shop on friday to get the entire front end rebuilt. It will look nice after words though. It is going to get a complete upgrade to make it a desert jeep. I didnt quite understand what the Guy was talking about but it sounds like its going to look nice. The best part is that he has a very small shop with no yard so he will need to get the jeep out fast in order to take in more projects for his business.
C37006FB-10CA-4BFE-8232-DD5423548F47-9160-00000680F9345852.jpg

Ignore the paint its been in storage and I was working on reptile enclosures when I took this photo.

OH and the best news is that the 1958 FC170 Jeep truck now turns over. SO once I get the new gas tank and re run all the lines plus get the tires it should be up and running. Though it still needs all the cosmetic stuff like windows, seats, a bed, etc.
F667CAE7-2ECA-454E-87AC-7DF044624029-9160-00000680EBAE704C.jpg
965378C1-976B-47F1-8AEA-D566064B3613-9160-00000680BDC219D5.jpg

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
The only pants I find to fit well AND be comfortable are sweatpants or yoga pants. Guess I'm just a bum :p

Jeans just cut into my waist if sitting too long when just washed and then after a few wears they begin to slump and fall off. Khakis I always feel like if they're too thin and you wear the wrong underwear, beware!

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Yeah I try not to wear jeans all that much. For the most part I am either in yoga pants or in slacks. I really really like slacks. They are as comfy as yoga pants but fancy and can be worn with most things to either be dressy or semi casual.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well today Dude and I were working on the garden area as it has finally dried off a bit. I was feeling so good about my tick problem because yesterday I had used the new Deep Woods spray and had no ticks. Today I wore the same clothes and put on another good layer on me and on the clothes. Well so far I have found five ticks on me and three were found at various times upon the yarn I am using to fence off my garden spots. :( My garden may not grow me any veggies, but sure seems like it grows ticks real well.

I prefer jeans in public, sweats if I am just sitting around inside.

Thal I love you old truck...hmmm I guess we can't call it old because it's from the same year as me. :rolleyes: :D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Thalatte said:
Yep and the front end of the frame on my jeep is starting to crack so it is going to the shop on friday to get the entire front end rebuilt. It will look nice after words though. It is going to get a complete upgrade to make it a desert jeep. I didnt quite understand what the Guy was talking about but it sounds like its going to look nice. The best part is that he has a very small shop with no yard so he will need to get the jeep out fast in order to take in more projects for his business.
C37006FB-10CA-4BFE-8232-DD5423548F47-9160-00000680F9345852.jpg

Ignore the paint its been in storage and I was working on reptile enclosures when I took this photo.

OH and the best news is that the 1958 FC170 Jeep truck now turns over. SO once I get the new gas tank and re run all the lines plus get the tires it should be up and running. Though it still needs all the cosmetic stuff like windows, seats, a bed, etc.
F667CAE7-2ECA-454E-87AC-7DF044624029-9160-00000680EBAE704C.jpg
965378C1-976B-47F1-8AEA-D566064B3613-9160-00000680BDC219D5.jpg

That thing is soooo cool.
My day from hell is over and tomorrow is a new day right. Well it's not a new day yet and I still have one more email of ugliness to send.
I wear jeans and skirts. I wear yoga pants sometimes too. I am wearing some right now.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
It is going to be sweet when its done. They bed will be built to haul the drag jeep (the white one) then it will be attached to the long flat bed trailer that will have my regular jeep on it and the razor. So it will be a jeep with a jeep hauling a jeep.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Thalatte, love your jeep. Can't wait to see what it looks like when you're done.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
LOL!! LMAO of the image of ME in yoga pants!!!! I had never heard of them until this thread, so I did a GOOGLE image search. You all should do one. Most of the pictures are of shapely gals sticking their butts out for the camera. I'm afraid that if I wore those out in public cars would crash, dogs would bark and run for cover, neighbors would rush to put up the hurricane shutters, airplanes would fall out of the sky, horses would keel over in a dead faint, flowers would shrivel up and die, telephone workers up on the pole would be blinded and fall off the pole...well, you get the picture. No, on second thought, I hope you DON'T get the picture!!!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Yvonne G said:
LOL!! LMAO of the image of ME in yoga pants!!!! I had never heard of them until this thread, so I did a GOOGLE image search. You all should do one. Most of the pictures are of shapely gals sticking their butts out for the camera. I'm afraid that if I wore those out in public cars would crash, dogs would bark and run for cover, neighbors would rush to put up the hurricane shutters, airplanes would fall out of the sky, horses would keel over in a dead faint, flowers would shrivel up and die, telephone workers up on the pole would be blinded and fall off the pole...well, you get the picture. No, on second thought, I hope you DON'T get the picture!!!!

I'm sure you'd rock them fabulous ;)

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
My safe search must have been off because I know I didn't type "pant less yoga"... But yeah, a lot of girls wear waaay too snug of yoga pants with their moose knuckles and such for all to see. I digress, I'll keep it pg even if google won't, haha.

I like wearing the slightly baggier ones for lounging and housework though. They're like day time pajamas without the look of never having got out of night pajamas or bed :D and they show off the "assets" ;)

I must be getting old.. I had to reset two different passwords today because I could not for the life of me remember them. So annoying, lol. Guess that's what I get for having a different password for all like 100 things I have them for from work to email to forums... Ugh!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Today I was a plumber and a landscape engineer. What's that mean? I took out the dead garbage disposal and replaced it with a regular drain, and ran the riding mower for multiple hours. The mowing part made me realize how easy it would be to make a HUGE sulcata enclosure for Fred and his buddy, Someone Else's . Still waiting on russian eggs. Yesterday, I found one of the males asleep on the back of a female, so my fingers are crossed. I'm checking on them like 3 times a night.

And I'm not real sure about this whole pants discussion earlier. I get boot cut 501 Levi's for working and what not, and lounging is all about sweats, (comfrey pants).

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Good morning!!!!
Today is going to be a better day right? I got some new skinny jeans that fit yesterday so I'm excited.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Ken you know I keep hearing how great sulcata are at mowing, but my two biggest ones are not like that. Sure they do keep areas down to almost nothing, yet other spots they let the weeds grow high. The weeds they let grow are ones they do sometimes eat and will eat if you knock the plant over. So I would not call the lawn mowers. Great that they will have a nice large area in the future however.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Greetings all, This morning,
George Jones, stopped loving her, at the age of 81.
We'll miss him and his music.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
Greetings all, This morning,
George Jones, stopped loving her, at the age of 81.
We'll miss him and his music.

Awww that's sad. I have been on a loretta lynn kick lately.. talking about old music. :p
So far today has been stressful but not ugly.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi everyone, it's a celebration! Baby Runt hit the 1 pound marker! It took 6 months for him to go from 4 ozs. to 1 pound! At this rate, he should be gaining a pound and a half a year. Have a dance, a drink, an ice cream or whatever puts you in a celebrating mood. Jacqui or Yvonne, can you put on a celebrating image for Runt? Don't have access yet to one of those sites. Thanks.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
Hi everyone, it's a celebration! Baby Runt hit the 1 pound marker! It took 6 months for him to go from 4 ozs. to 1 pound! At this rate, he should be gaining a pound and a half a year. Have a dance, a drink, an ice cream or whatever puts you in a celebrating mood. Jacqui or Yvonne, can you put on a celebrating image for Runt? Don't have access yet to one of those sites. Thanks.

Yay :)
a drink is the right answer.. I know you have been stressing about it. :D

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Hello everyone! Long time no see! How is everyone doing? How are all the tortoises? Carl just hit the big 100, so he's celebrating with some strawberry.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
So, Carl and Baby Runt are celebrating mile marks today: Baby Runt is 1 lbs, and Carl is 100 lbs. Wow!!!

I hope Carl is 100 lbs and not 100 years old. Please correct me if I was mistaken.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
sibi said:
So, Carl and Baby Runt are celebrating mile marks today: Baby Runt is 1 lbs, and Carl is 100 lbs. Wow!!!

I hope Carl is 100 lbs and not 100 years old. Please correct me if I was mistaken.

Your wrong on both guesses with Carl. He is a youngin' and since he can fit into the palm of your hands, he's not 100 pounds either. :D Plus without cheating and looking it up, I think he is a hermanns.

But wow so amazing that Runt is up to the weight he is!!!! Major congrats to both you and Runt! Says a lot about how your caring for him.

CourtneyAndCarl said:
Hello everyone! Long time no see! How is everyone doing? How are all the tortoises? Carl just hit the big 100, so he's celebrating with some strawberry.

Good growing there Carl! How's school going Court?

celebrate_zpsde017797.gif

Congrats Runt and Sibi!​

Status
Not open for further replies.