Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Kerryann said:
I am having a wonderful day off. We went to the zoo and i got my new truck.
IMG_20130423_190546_132_zps8fe003d7.jpg
Nice truck Kerryann! My brother in law does something for the power company and they give him a new trucks every 3 years and it is always a red ford. As to what type I have no idea.

Sibi, your pic's from the wine tasting were awesome and I think you were the best dressed! Your outfit was perfect, very elegant.

Jacqui, I am having trouble with tick's too! I know Ken was joking about the poison ivy but the funny thing is deer ticks tend to gather in poison ivy and poison sumac
So they can easily catch a ride.

My closing went smoothly and now we are in the new house working away. Every day we find a new issue that needs to be remedied so I have just been at the new house painting, cleaning and meeting with plumbers, electricians & roofers. It will all be worth it and I am already madly in love with the house and yard! The torts are still not home because the previous owner had a lawn service that used fertilizer so we are figuring out how to safely address that. It's kind of sad because my weeds esp. the dandelions are coming in so nicely at the old house and we paid our lawn service to eradicate them :(. Poor torts we will get this all sorted out soon but in the meantime they are getting to enjoy this sun in outdoor enclosures so that is great!!
I hope you are all getting Sun and warmth and I wondered the other day if Yvonne ever got to mow her lawn?!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yippy Erin is alive and sounds like things are good with her and the family!!

Has anybody noticed Yvonne isn't emys emys any more? :(

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
Kerryann said:
I am having a wonderful day off. We went to the zoo and i got my new truck.
IMG_20130423_190546_132_zps8fe003d7.jpg
Nice truck Kerryann! My brother in law does something for the power company and they give him a new trucks every 3 years and it is always a red ford. As to what type I have no idea.

Sibi, your pic's from the wine tasting were awesome and I think you were the best dressed! Your outfit was perfect, very elegant.

Jacqui, I am having trouble with tick's too! I know Ken was joking about the poison ivy but the funny thing is deer ticks tend to gather in poison ivy and poison sumac
So they can easily catch a ride.

My closing went smoothly and now we are in the new house working away. Every day we find a new issue that needs to be remedied so I have just been at the new house painting, cleaning and meeting with plumbers, electricians & roofers. It will all be worth it and I am already madly in love with the house and yard! The torts are still not home because the previous owner had a lawn service that used fertilizer so we are figuring out how to safely address that. It's kind of sad because my weeds esp. the dandelions are coming in so nicely at the old house and we paid our lawn service to eradicate them :(. Poor torts we will get this all sorted out soon but in the meantime they are getting to enjoy this sun in outdoor enclosures so that is great!!
I hope you are all getting Sun and warmth and I wondered the other day if Yvonne ever got to mow her lawn?!

That's so exciting Erin. When do you officially move?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Jacqui said:
Yippy Erin is alive and sounds like things are good with her and the family!!

Has anybody noticed Yvonne isn't emys emys any more? :(

That's so funny about Yvonne changing her handle. I hadn't noticed, in part, I believe, because I always changed the spelling in my brain. Finally one less thing to clog my, “over taxed" brain with. Ha! Thank you Yvonne, now I've got more brain power to devote to solving the worlds problems.
Such as; using a portable, DustBuster type vacuum for collecting dandelion seed heads. Duct tape a cardboard tube to the end to narrow the opening and forget about your neighbors inviting themselves over for dinner.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Rabbits went to their new home. She was enamored with them instantly and promised to let them out often. They even let her and her roomie hold them for about half an hour, which is rare since the female bun never liked staying still. I think next week she's taking them to her rabbit savvy vet for a health check up so that's reassuring. And she's joined a rabbit forum for care advice.

Room seems empty now, but not like Rosie's mansion doesn't already take up half the room...

Anyway, dinner time. Tacos tonight!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I made e fu noodles stir fry with gardein chikn and vegetables with a teriyaki and peanut butter sauce.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Last night I made an Alfredo sauce with caramelized white onions and mushrooms and a nice mild Italian sausage over linguini noodles. I just had a hankering for it and I'd never cooked up something so fancy. Karen and I both agreed it was very rich, but good. Chased it with some Haagen Dass chocolate ice cream and life was good.
I think I would go for the mars deal but, they want 8yrs of training and who would take care of my tortoises? Do they have good wifi on mars to allow my tortoiseforum babblings? All these questions stop me from signing up. Otherwise I'd be on that ship with Ray Bradbury.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
Last night I made an Alfredo sauce with caramelized white onions and mushrooms and a nice mild Italian sausage over linguini noodles. I just had a hankering for it and I'd never cooked up something so fancy. Karen and I both agreed it was very rich, but good. Chased it with some Haagen Dass chocolate ice cream and life was good.
I think I would go for the mars deal but, they want 8yrs of training and who would take care of my tortoises? Do they have good wifi on mars to allow my tortoiseforum babblings? All these questions stop me from signing up. Otherwise I'd be on that ship with Ray Bradbury.

no on the mars deal.. we'd miss you :p

Did I actually die and end up in hell? Can someone check for me and let me know? I think it may have happened..

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Maybe if you describe your hell a bit better for us, we might be able to answer that question.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Why do you think that, Kerryann?

Ugh, so glad Rosie wasn't outside since the termite prevention people came and sprayed the house foundation, one wall of which makes the back to her pen.

Sleepy today.. Around 4am I heard frantic cries from the dogs so I had to let them out to potty. Been a long time since they've needed a night break and I hope it was just a one time thing >.>

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Wait, your still going to let her use the pen after it's been sprayed?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
Maybe if you describe your hell a bit better for us, we might be able to answer that question.

Well I have a client site I have been putting my everything into and it's a mess. I have employee drama now on top of that and other work of mine is falling behind due to A and B.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just remember, we still love ya! *hugs* ... and sorry, nopers your not really in hell, just at work. :cool:

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
Just remember, we still love ya! *hugs* ... and sorry, nopers your not really in hell, just at work. :cool:

Im going out tonight and buying some pants that fit. it's a chronic problem for me. Then off to walmart to pick up my prescriptions and some other stuff.. hmm ...

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Nice truck Kerryann

I find it impossible to buy pants that fit.

Today My stepfather and I went to pick up his drag jeep from the shop as in the year that they have had the jeep at the shop they keep saying "oh its the next one t obe worked on!" or "it will be done by the end of the week/month" and nothing has been done. They did finish rebuilding and installing the transfer case and they made a "nice" and "decorative" bumper to showcase the battery...I could have done a much better job on it with legoes and lincoln logs! Also it has been in the Arizona sun all year without any covers (we left tarps and towels and plastic on it when we dropped it off) so the brand new never before used seats are rotted and fraying. The new cage and seat brackets are rusted. As are the brand new very expensive drive shafts that they were supposed to install. My stepfather had literally taken it from the offroad custom shop straight to the mechanics/transmission shop. It was supposed to be running as they said it was, but when I looked under it their are wires and tubes just cut and dangling.
Its all little things that we can fix ourselves but it is just alot of time and work that we shouldnt have to put into it.
A95E6B33-9D10-47DE-89C1-E01A878CCBBB-9160-0000068062F0C228.jpg
4B3ECF37-BDCA-4AB7-8E0A-4DC625E61504-9160-000006805755FB77.jpg
<--the fancy bumper!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Thalatte said:
Nice truck Kerryann

I find it impossible to buy pants that fit.

Today My stepfather and I went to pick up his drag jeep from the shop as in the year that they have had the jeep at the shop they keep saying "oh its the next one t obe worked on!" or "it will be done by the end of the week/month" and nothing has been done. They did finish rebuilding and installing the transfer case and they made a "nice" and "decorative" bumper to showcase the battery...I could have done a much better job on it with legoes and lincoln logs! Also it has been in the Arizona sun all year without any covers (we left tarps and towels and plastic on it when we dropped it off) so the brand new never before used seats are rotted and fraying. The new cage and seat brackets are rusted. As are the brand new very expensive drive shafts that they were supposed to install. My stepfather had literally taken it from the offroad custom shop straight to the mechanics/transmission shop. It was supposed to be running as they said it was, but when I looked under it their are wires and tubes just cut and dangling.
Its all little things that we can fix ourselves but it is just alot of time and work that we shouldnt have to put into it.
A95E6B33-9D10-47DE-89C1-E01A878CCBBB-9160-0000068062F0C228.jpg
4B3ECF37-BDCA-4AB7-8E0A-4DC625E61504-9160-000006805755FB77.jpg
<--the fancy bumper!

That sucks:(

Status
Not open for further replies.