Not open for further replies.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

tortadise said:
Kerryann said:
I am watching xmen, eating my pesto spaghetti squash with veggie balls and online trying to relax.

mmm spaghetti squash is good. I had a 5 ounce filet medium with Yukon gold mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus. I didn't pay for it either, thank god. Gotta love boss man paying for fancy expensive dinners. Also had me some escargot for the first time. MAN oh MAN I now understand when the mountains and hinge-backs go crazy for snails. I am too one with the snail now :D

Sorry Kerryann I know this is all outside of your eating. Besides the tators and asparagus.

My ex tried to make me like it once but they tasted like worms :p

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Well 5 star dining knows how to do them up right. Garlic, pesto, spices and butter with garlic tiny toast made it muy bueno(thats very good in spanish :D)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Yeah, they can taste real bad if not made the right way. The problem is that making it the right way isn't easy. I couldn't get the chef to give me the recipe. I've tried to duplicate the taste but failed. So, I don't eat it anymore.

Kerryann said:
tortadise said:
Kerryann said:
I am watching xmen, eating my pesto spaghetti squash with veggie balls and online trying to relax.

mmm spaghetti squash is good. I had a 5 ounce filet medium with Yukon gold mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus. I didn't pay for it either, thank god. Gotta love boss man paying for fancy expensive dinners. Also had me some escargot for the first time. MAN oh MAN I now understand when the mountains and hinge-backs go crazy for snails. I am too one with the snail now :D

Sorry Kerryann I know this is all outside of your eating. Besides the tators and asparagus.

That would do it. Tell me what restaurant it was so I can call the chef and ask him to please tell me how to make escargot. You can use all the ingredients, but if you leave one thing out, or some important preparation, it just won't taste the same.

tortadise said:
Well 5 star dining knows how to do them up right. Garlic, pesto, spices and butter with garlic tiny toast made it muy bueno(thats very good in spanish :D)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
It was my first time ever. Im sure it will be bad experiances elsewhere. Was charlie g's in lafayette LA. Was really good. Im really picky when it comes to food. But 4-5 star usually has a good history and not too worried Most the time with iffy food items.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Good, I'll try to call and speak to the chef, but I won't hold my breath. Chefs don't usually give away their secrets.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Im very very good friends with the executive chef at the Oceanaire in Washingtong DC. Went to school with him. If you want recipes on fancy food let me know. i always ask him anything. He is the man to ask about any food. Haha. Even his turkey sandwiches are to die for. Some people just are good at food. I leave it to them.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Oh yeah! Definitely. Ask about his best recipe on escargot if don't you mind. I thank you so much. I would love to try and make it taste like the first time I had it.
tortadise said:
Im very very good friends with the executive chef at the Oceanaire in Washingtong DC. Went to school with him. If you want recipes on fancy food let me know. i always ask him anything. He is the man to ask about any food. Haha. Even his turkey sandwiches are to die for. Some people just are good at food. I leave it to them.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Will do. Anything else? I ask him stuff all the time. Of course he makes sound soooo easy. Like lamb to him is cooking a hotdog to most. Haha.

I do know one thing for sure he will say first off. Is do you have a good very fresh source for the snails? And not packaged labeled fresh. Like known fresh fresh sale of them. I dunno even know where I would try to find fresh edible snails nor the species that are used for fancy eats. But he will ask. Always a key to success in good fine cooking and eating. Fresh and pure. 90% of markets, even trader joes, whole foods, and central markets are not considered fresh to 4 and 5 star kitchens ingredients. Local markets are best bet.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Yes, their is a local fish shop in Destin where I can get fresh caught ,same day catch snails. Thanks Kelly, I really appreciate it. And if the snails come out really good, I'll just have to make my way over to Texas and make it for you.:p
tortadise said:
Will do. Anything else? I ask him stuff all the time. Of course he makes sound soooo easy. Like lamb to him is cooking a hotdog to most. Haha.

I do know one thing for sure he will say first off. Is do you have a good very fresh source for the snails? And not packaged labeled fresh. Like known fresh fresh sale of them. I dunno even know where I would try to find fresh edible snails nor the species that are used for fancy eats. But he will ask. Always a key to success in good fine cooking and eating. Fresh and pure. 90% of markets, even trader joes, whole foods, and central markets are not considered fresh to 4 and 5 star kitchens ingredients. Local markets are best bet.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Sweeeeet. I cant wait. :D

There are always special ways of doing things with cooking. Like blue crabs. We go down to our beach house in Galveston or even new smyrna beach florida and catch crabs. Even fresh caught it seemsthat they are better frozen after caught and fresh water bathed for 4-6 hours than just catching and cooking. The weird science and methods behind cooking things amazes me.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
tortadise said:
Also had me some escargot for the first time. MAN oh MAN I now understand when the mountains and hinge-backs go crazy for snails. I am too one with the snail now :D

I have always wanted to try those. Actually to take my oldest son and try some since he and I had talked about it for years. Then he had some and didn't like them. I had wondered if it was because of where he tried them. Any how older son and I never seem to have the ability to make this snail fest happen...yet.

Kerryann said:

So Kerryann you eat worms?

thea lester

5 Year Member
New Orleans, LA
Good Morning y'all! It's gonna be a nice warm day here in New Orleans 81F. Just got off work and fed all my critters. Today is my Saturday. Here's wishing us all a fabulous day, and every day a Saturday!
Thea
PS I used to cultivate snails for food in Seattle... It's really fun and easy. Mostly feed em cornmeal before you "harvest" them, gives them the best flavor and my boxies always loved them too.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thalatte: Is your job over with now? Home for good?

I'm sorry, but I would never be able to try snails. Just the picture in my mind of putting one into my mouth makes me gag.

Jacqui: How's the jungle coming?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The jungle is thriving. :D Yesterday it rained all day long (along with windy and sorta cold). Today I have some snow on the ground, wind, and the temp is 30 with windchill 22. Which add it all together and you get one lazy woman who has not done any yard work for two days. :p

I'd like to start some worms for feeding to the tortoises. Wish some of those ones invading Florida would find their way to my house. The snails around here are tiny ones. :( Not even a good bite for an adult hingeback.

I am thinking I need to cut down/take out all the forsythia bushes, because every time that start blooming another round of cold/snow comes in. We are either up to three or four times of that now.

Speaking of cold and snow, they shut down I-70 between CO and the place in KS Jeff needed to reach this morning with the last of his load. :(

thea lester said:
Good Morning y'all! It's gonna be a nice warm day here in New Orleans 81F. Just got off work and fed all my critters. Today is my Saturday. Here's wishing us all a fabulous day, and every day a Saturday!
Thea
PS I used to cultivate snails for food in Seattle... It's really fun and easy. Mostly feed em cornmeal before you "harvest" them, gives them the best flavor and my boxies always loved them too.

Show off! :p 81 is a bit hot for me this early in the year however, so glad you have it not me. So plans for your day off? OR should I says weekend off.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Been away for a while. But I'm back! Tomorrow I'm hopefully delivering the rabbits to their new home. Two girls about my age who have been wanting to adopt a rabbit or two for a while and they promise to spoil them and let them out daily. It's kind of bittersweet since I love all my pets, but the poor rabbits never ever get out and it's really just unfair, especially since they used to get out all the time.

I love escargot! Slimy yet satisfying.. Well, not really slimy but more of buttery deliciousness. :p

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
These are the same two rabbits, which had an adopter who at the last minute backed out? Fingers crossed this match once face-to-face works out for everybody.

Erin and Ken, been missing you two. :(

On the way home this afternoon, I almost got myself some fresh turkey for supper. :( Those birds are so much worse then deer at giving a folk grey hair. :D

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'm sort of here. I'm making Little Ricky a new and improved enclosure. I can't leave well enough alone. This one will have a double pane, low e window in it for even better retention of heat and humidity. Also, instead of the plywood sealed with mineral oil, it is made out of HPL which by itself is water resistant. Same 2'x4' footprint, so they are stackable. The pancakes then go into Little Ricky's current enclosure, and one more needs to be built for the Uro.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D I don't think ANY enclosure is ever really done. :D We always want to expand, try new plants, new water source, or hide, or whatever.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Yes home for good now and looking for another job. The ones I had lined up fell through so now to start over from square one

Status
Not open for further replies.