Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Lol. Now that would be funny. You know in Peru i here Guinea Pigs are a good luck charm. Ha if they did fly.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
No wonder my luck always seems to fly out the window, those darn flying g. pigs take it with them. :D

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Good afternoon. Anyone still on?

It seems chat is dying. I have not been on in awhile and less then 10 new pages? shame shame.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
ah! same here! There is a lot I should be doing such as cleaning banes outside enclosure but for now I am watching games of thrones.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I was watching Eureka, but now all the episodes have been saw. :(

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am eating my last tortilla shell thinking I wish it was something else...

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I havent decided what to cook for dinner.
Oh does everyone know I have been home the past week?

I have redone the boxturtle enclosure and the outside tort enclosures to provide extra room for everyone. Now the Sulcatas and Dozer each have a 23x4 (well Dozers area is a bit shorter at about 18-19ft) area and Bane has a 6x3 set up outside for the moment until I can build a completely enclosed area with a locking lid out front under the livingroom window.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Thalatte said:
I havent decided what to cook for dinner.
Oh does everyone know I have been home the past week?

I have redone the boxturtle enclosure and the outside tort enclosures to provide extra room for everyone. Now the Sulcatas and Dozer each have a 23x4 (well Dozers area is a bit shorter at about 18-19ft) area and Bane has a 6x3 set up outside for the moment until I can build a completely enclosed area with a locking lid out front under the livingroom window.

Are you glad to be home :D
I am off tomorrow.. it's so weird :p

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:
I am off tomorrow.. it's so weird :p

Is Mikey taking your phone away from you tonight, so there is no way you do any work stuff?

Thalatte

5 Year Member
It is nice to be home. I was able to get all my animals eating again...well my water dragon is off food because the worms offend him and I won't let him go on a killing spree...but everyone else is eating!

My 2 surviving box hatchlings are now in with the adults and doing ok. Beaker is kinda a butt to them but he isn't stopping them from eating nor is he attacking in an aggressive manor.

Oh and my beardie is no longer aggressive and will eat out of my hand and allow me to hold him for a little bit.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Thalatte said:
It is nice to be home. I was able to get all my animals eating again...well my water dragon is off food because the worms offend him and I won't let him go on a killing spree...but everyone else is eating!

My 2 surviving box hatchlings are now in with the adults and doing ok. Beaker is kinda a butt to them but he isn't stopping them from eating nor is he attacking in an aggressive manor.

Oh and my beardie is no longer aggressive and will eat out of my hand and allow me to hold him for a little bit.

See they needed their mama :D

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Yeah. I am going to have to post pictures one of these day on what I have done to their cages. The boxies in particular have a significantly better setup. I can't think of what to do for the torts though. I feel bad for their subpar out door enclosure. It's all mud and concrete.

Oh side note do you think I could give kiwi to the desert torts and the sulcatas? Their main diet is collards, grass, weeds, and hay (i am also offering hibiscus leaves and cactus but they dont like them) but I have a lot of kiwi starting to go bad and the boxies won't eat it all nor will my lizards so I was thinking maybe the torts could have a treat?
Also what's the easiest way to give meds to the torts? I am able to deworm the deserts with some difficulties since they have deformed jaws but the sulcatas will not open for a syringe so I was thinking of soaking the kiwis in the meds or some bread and having them eat that...
It's not like tai where I can just inject is worms full of the meds and trick him into eating them as the sulcatas are too small to eat anything in one bite and thus get most of the meds down.

Darn I killed chat...

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi Thalatte, it seems like forever since we last talked. Glad that you're back home with your animals. I wouldn't feed kiwi to a sulcata. If it's meds you are trying to get him to swallow, try putting it in a small amount of mazuri. That's how I feed it to my sullies when I had to treat them all for pinworms. That did the trick. If that doesn't work for you, you may inject the meds in the cavity of a strawberry. But, I'd really try to put the meds into something they can eat first before trying the fruit.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Kerryann said:
I am watching xmen, eating my pesto spaghetti squash with veggie balls and online trying to relax.

mmm spaghetti squash is good. I had a 5 ounce filet medium with Yukon gold mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus. I didn't pay for it either, thank god. Gotta love boss man paying for fancy expensive dinners. Also had me some escargot for the first time. MAN oh MAN I now understand when the mountains and hinge-backs go crazy for snails. I am too one with the snail now :D

Sorry Kerryann I know this is all outside of your eating. Besides the tators and asparagus.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Kelly, escargot has to be prepared just the right way. If you liked the escargot you had, it must have been a great recipe. The first time I tried it, it was the best thing I ever tasted. Then, some years later, I ordered escargot and it was disgusting! The key to great escargot is a great recipe. I've yet to find a recipe that comes even close to the first escargot I had.

tortadise said:
Kerryann said:
I am watching xmen, eating my pesto spaghetti squash with veggie balls and online trying to relax.

mmm spaghetti squash is good. I had a 5 ounce filet medium with Yukon gold mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus. I didn't pay for it either, thank god. Gotta love boss man paying for fancy expensive dinners. Also had me some escargot for the first time. MAN oh MAN I now understand when the mountains and hinge-backs go crazy for snails. I am too one with the snail now :D

Sorry Kerryann I know this is all outside of your eating. Besides the tators and asparagus.

Status
Not open for further replies.