Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:
Is there any way you can spray to keep them off?

My site is having issues again.

Well my current spray is not working (went down for a few more minutes and since then have found 6-8 more on me). Needing to go to town tomorrow or more kitty food, so am planning on getting a new can of something to see if it works better.

Geesh, Kerryann not again. Sounds like you almost just would be better off to start all over with a new site. :( :( :( :( :(

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Jacqui said:
Kerryann said:

Well my current spray is not working (went down for a few more minutes and since then have found 6-8 more on me). Needing to go to town tomorrow or more kitty food, so am planning on getting a new can of something to see if it works better.

Have you tried sulfur?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I've heard if you rub poison oak/ivy on exposed skin, it acts like a tick repellent.

Just call me Mr. Helpful.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Jacqui said:
Kerryann said:

Geesh, Kerryann not again. Sounds like you almost just would be better off to start all over with a new site. :( :( :( :( :(

Deep woods off? So today I found out Mike was hiding that we have a mouse problem. I vote yuck

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Here is the pics of my Friday night out with the gals (wives of employees of Bit Wizards Software Solutions). Enjoy!
The Limo shows up
WP_000394.jpg
WP_000395.jpg
This is me :p
WP_000396 (1).jpg
There were 15 of us
WP_000398.jpg
WP_000399.jpg
And the bar, of course
WP_000400.jpg
This was my favorite wine
WP_000401.jpg
Mr. Wiz, the mascot at Bit-Wizards
WP_000406.jpg
View from the limo of Inlet at Destin
WP_000410.jpg
WP_000411.jpg
Despite the rain, it was on...
WP_000412.jpg
This was my favorite wine
WP_000413.jpg
This was my second choice
WP_000414.jpg
And, this was my third
WP_000420.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
That looks like fun!

Soccer went really well today, my son is goalie, and it was a shut out! 6-0, a great team game too.

I was feeling a bit "mommed out" This evening, like all I do is feed, clean, and provide for everyone else.

All the boys were outside and I turned on some Metallica, Papa Roach, and Nirvana. Made me feel so much better!
A little reminder that I'm not "just a mom"

I hope everyone has a great week!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
It was more fun than I imagined especially since it was a cold rain, and my toes were freezing, and I had heels on...what was I thinking? So, what's up with chat? Did anyone hear from Erin yet. I know she closed on the house Friday, and that she was shopping for things for the house.

And Jacqui, what's with those ticks? If you rub poison oak/ivy on skin, wouldn't you then get a rash? What's better, a tick or poison ivy rash? Doesn't seem like an option to me.

Cowboy, what kind of remedy is that? Did I misunderstand you again? :p

Don't despair....life get better down the road, when the kids are grown, and you want to feel like a mom, but the kids are doing their own things. Then, you begin to live for yourself (and hubby). You'll travel, get to go places and do things you don't have time to do now. You'll see.:)
pugsandkids said:
That looks like fun!

Soccer went really well today, my son is goalie, and it was a shut out! 6-0, a great team game too.

I was feeling a bit "mommed out" This evening, like all I do is feed, clean, and provide for everyone else.

All the boys were outside and I turned on some Metallica, Papa Roach, and Nirvana. Made me feel so much better!
A little reminder that I'm not "just a mom"

I hope everyone has a great week!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Sibi, I was just being smart. I know, I know, everyone likes a little…, but nobody likes a smart…! Ha

Mrs. C. was buying furniture for the new house this weekend. She sent a shout out through me to chat on Saturday.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
jaizei said:
Have you tried sulfur?

Living with me is hell, isn't that enough? :rolleyes:

Cowboy_Ken said:
I've heard if you rub poison oak/ivy on exposed skin, it acts like a tick repellent.

I'll take ticks over the poison ivy any day, but anyhow it's not yet up. :p :D

Sibi how many wines where there?

I wonder how Thal is doing? Also if Mel is getting some great pictures taken.

Yvonne how is the patient?

Kerryann, having mice isn't that bad. They are fairly easy to get rid of. I think it's sweet that Mikey was trying to not let you know.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Go down to the feed store and get you a guinea fowl, or chicken. They love ticks. mmmm mmmm good eating for those guys.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Aw...way too many. One side of each block had all kinds of white wines, and the other side had all kinds of red wines. It was an experience for sure. Jacqui, did you check out my thread on the outside enclosure? I titled it, "Finally the start of my outside enclosure?" It's on the second page.
Jacqui said:
jaizei said:
Have you tried sulfur?

Cowboy_Ken said:

Kerryann, having mice isn't that bad. They are fairly easy to get rid of. I think it's sweet that Mikey was trying to not let you know.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm so glad there are no ticks here. I hate those things. It would creep me out, Jacqui, if I got one one me.

The eastern box turtle with the ear abscesses hasn't started to eat yet, but I think she's going to be ok. It's pretty stressful to have your neck sliced open like that.

We've been having super good weather here the past couple days, and supposed to be up in the 90's today and tomorrow. I think I've put off mowing the back yard long enough. I'd better get to it today!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
tortadise said:
Go down to the feed store and get you a guinea fowl, or chicken. They love ticks. mmmm mmmm good eating for those guys.

I have thought about getting a guinea, but darn they are expensive. We have had chickens in the past, but between the foxes, coons, possums, ect they never make it for too long. :(

emysemys said:
We've been having super good weather here the past couple days, and supposed to be up in the 90's today and tomorrow. I think I've put off mowing the back yard long enough. I'd better get to it today!

*thinks about taking some of the snow we are getting tonight/tomorrow and making a snowball and throwing it right on somebody we all know and love...* :D

Okay Sibi, I saw your enclosure thread. Thanks for pointing me to it. I love all the space!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Well guinea would be the best option. They are pretty good at avoiding prey situations. I have a friend who has some outside of their chicken coups. They fly up in the trees at dark time. That wont stop cougars from getting them but safe from the rest I suppose. Until that one day comes mhuahaha. Sorry had to do the evil chuckle.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
tortadise said:
Well guinea would be the best option. They are pretty good at avoiding prey situations. I have a friend who has some outside of their chicken coups. They fly up in the trees at dark time. That wont stop cougars from getting them but safe from the rest I suppose. Until that one day comes mhuahaha. Sorry had to do the evil chuckle.

We had a couple of hens that tried the night time tree deal, not sure if the coons got to them up in the tree or if they got caught before they made it to the tree. We had an old tom turkey that survived for many years he would roost on the top of the house. :D About caused a few driver to end up in the ditch. The adult geese did fine as long as there were three of them (so did a duck who would hide among the geese :D ), but in the end even the geese got killed.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
jaizei said:
Have you tried sulfur?

Cowboy_Ken said:

Mikey was trying not to get them evicted. He now agrees they need to be rehomed outside immediately. I understand he didn't want to rehome them in the winter. He is very sweet.
Soo I was up at 2, 4, and 5 am last night and all day. After tonight though the next 24 hours are mine.
I seriously need some sleep

sibi said:
Aw...way too many. One side of each block had all kinds of white wines, and the other side had all kinds of red wines. It was an experience for sure. Jacqui, did you check out my thread on the outside enclosure? I titled it, "Finally the start of my outside enclosure?" It's on the second page.
Jacqui said:
jaizei said:
Have you tried sulfur?

Cowboy_Ken said:

Your pics are so nice. :) It looks like you had a fun time and you looked gorgeous :D

tortadise said:

I thought you were talking about guinea pigs.. and then I was like wait.. what?? they fly??? hahah

Status
Not open for further replies.