Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

sibi said:
So glad to hear you will get son sleep. After yesterday, I sleep like a good baby.
Kerryann said:
Jacqui said:
I keep trying different wines, but so far have not found one I really like.

Kerryann, did you get to have a relaxing day?

After like 4 pm yes... And I'm now in my own bed and I'm sleeping tonight:)

I'm trying to watch haunted collector... I can barely keep my eyes open

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Maybe this would be a good time to shut off the TV and go to lala land. :p
Kerryann said:
sibi said:
So glad to hear you will get son sleep. After yesterday, I sleep like a good baby.
Kerryann said:
Jacqui said:
I keep trying different wines, but so far have not found one I really like.

Kerryann, did you get to have a relaxing day?

After like 4 pm yes... And I'm now in my own bed and I'm sleeping tonight:)

I'm trying to watch haunted collector... I can barely keep my eyes open

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Karen and I had a big day at “The Wet Spot" our favorite tropical fish store in Portland. Exhausting is what it was.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Why is it that most men find it exhausting when they go shopping at stores? I would have to be shopping for 8 hours before I can say I'm exhausted.
Cowboy_Ken said:
Karen and I had a big day at “The Wet Spot" our favorite tropical fish store in Portland. Exhausting is what it was.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
It was more the four hours in the car and then all the pachouli oil perfume once we got there. Karen too is exhausted. She's already in bed.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I couldn't even get my husband to shop for food if we've had to drive 4 hours to get somewhere. That much driving can tire out anyone. Why do you drive so far to a fish store?
Cowboy_Ken said:
It was more the four hours in the car and then all the pachouli oil perfume once we got there. Karen too is exhausted. She's already in bed.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
It is the top of the line tropical fish store in theses parts. Karen loves her aquariums, and I encourage that. After all, I've got my tortoises.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I see. Well, I hope Karen got what she wanted and that she's happy. After all, she does allow you your beloved torts. I'm very happy that my hubby is as crazy about our babies ad I am. I can't imagine having them and spending the time and resources without my husband's support.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Cowboy_Ken said:
It is the top of the line tropical fish store in theses parts. Karen loves her aquariums, and I encourage that. After all, I've got my tortoises.

I'm so happy to hear that you like them. We've thought about going, but were not sure if it would live up to the hoopla!

Here's a picture of where soccer was today.
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1366524642.256320.jpg

It was freezing, and I burnt my nose. The boys tied though ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Morning!​

It should be a great day here to do a bit more dejunglizing. :D

sibi said:
I can't imagine having them and spending the time and resources without my husband's support.

I have been there and done that (hubby #2). It takes all the fun out of it and for me, caused me to give up my prized group of Bells Hingebacks (among others). :( Learn some valuable lessons with that hubby. :( So glad your knowing the joy of having a husband who enjoys them too, Sibi!

Kerryann said:
Apparently Tuesday I am not allowed to work under any circumstance

Give Mikey a hug for me and tell him he is a good man. Now just follow his wishes this once. You need a day of no work and no excuses!!

pugsandkids said:
Here's a picture of where soccer was today.

It was freezing, and I burnt my nose. The boys tied though ;)

Good going guys!!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
pugsandkids said:
I'm so happy to hear that you like them. We've thought about going, but were not sure if it would live up to the hoopla!

Are you saying you've heard of the Wet Spot? Karen is a member of an aquaria forum and a member in New York has heard of them. For me, it's the difference between going to a petco and seeing how they care for their reptiles, then finding a reptile store that does right and provides good information, not just information to make a sale.
Concerning your picture, I love sage brush and junipers. Then there's the weird lava clumps that stick up. I just wish there were more reptiles out there! It looks perfect until you get up in the morning and discover that it's 20 degrees out.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You know, if any of you are not busy, you could all come and help me do yardwork! I have plenty of clippers and such. :D

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
We spoke with a guy at our local fish store who told us about it :)
I do enjoy the drive, watching the changing scenery, but it is so cold!
Another soccer game today, this one in town. Finishing my coffee then will put the torts out, it's going to be gorgeous today.
Sadly, I have to go grocery shopping after soccer, blech!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Been there done that the last 3 weekends jacqui :D. I still have 1200 square feet of dense forest to clear for the Galapagos building. I dont have my bobcat anymore either. So its gonna be by hand and muscles this time.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Jacqui said:
You know, if any of you are not busy, you could all come and help me do yardwork! I have plenty of clippers and such. :D

That's funny. Karen told me the same thing.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Do I was back up at six with issues.. Ugh but I got some sleep :)
I have been chilling today once I got everything stabilized.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
tortadise said:
Been there done that the last 3 weekends jacqui :D. I still have 1200 square feet of dense forest to clear for the Galapagos building. I dont have my bobcat anymore either. So its gonna be by hand and muscles this time.

Hey me too! The last three weekends and all days without rain in between. I am making progress, but doubt anybody but me can see it or notices it. I finally have most of the vines away from the garden edge. Then I need to go around to the other side of that fence. I have what was a small horse pen at one time that is full of the vines and trees. It's only about 65' by 12' (rough guess). Someday it might be made into a tortoise enclosure, perhaps for my stars.

Dude, my faithful sulcata once more supervised my many arm loads of brush/vine/trees going out to the driveway. My ex didn't show up, so I could use his truck to move it to the village burn pile. :( The pile is getting pretty big for when he does make it.

The tick count is ever increasing, with four more for me just today and the one cat who lives down there is up to four. :( I am so paranoid because with all my bumps on my body, there is no way I can feel (or see) if any are attached to my back. :( Life is just so much fun!

Kerryann said:

Glad you did get some sleep and relaxation, but you need more!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just a reminder, the Lyrid Meteor Shower peaks during the predawn hours of Monday, April 22... if you missed them last night/this am. About 20 meteors per hour...so look up at the sky!! :D

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Jacqui said:
Just a reminder, the Lyrid Meteor Shower peaks during the predawn hours of Monday, April 22... if you missed them last night/this am. About 20 meteors per hour...so look up at the sky!! :D

Towards the east.
For me the sky is gray no matter the direction.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
tortadise said:

Hey me too! The last three weekends and all days without rain in between. I am making progress, but doubt anybody but me can see it or notices it. I finally have most of the vines away from the garden edge. Then I need to go around to the other side of that fence. I have what was a small horse pen at one time that is full of the vines and trees. It's only about 65' by 12' (rough guess). Someday it might be made into a tortoise enclosure, perhaps for my stars.

Dude, my faithful sulcata once more supervised my many arm loads of brush/vine/trees going out to the driveway. My ex didn't show up, so I could use his truck to move it to the village burn pile. :( The pile is getting pretty big for when he does make it.

The tick count is ever increasing, with four more for me just today and the one cat who lives down there is up to four. :( I am so paranoid because with all my bumps on my body, there is no way I can feel (or see) if any are attached to my back. :( Life is just so much fun!

Kerryann said:

Glad you did get some sleep and relaxation, but you need more!

Is there any way you can spray to keep them off?

My site is having issues again.

Status
Not open for further replies.