Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
RosieRedfoot said:
Cancer sucks, sorry to hear it. Lost my grandpa, dog only aged 4.5 years, and almost my dad to cancer within 2 years... Thankfully my dad caught it in time and had money for treatment.
My aunt passed from cancer just two months ago and I got news two days ago my step uncle just had a heart attack and keeled over. So I understand what you're going through..

The "bipolar" rabbit adopter has decided she's going to keep them for now and try things again. But tomorrow she may be texting me again saying I have to take them back.. Who knows? She's a 6 hr round trip drive from me and I work everyday, otherwise I'd just go and smack her upside the head and take them back...

Yah cancer sucks. :( We lost a friend last year to cancer too. I am shocked by my aunt though, I saw her at christmas and knew nothing at all was wrong.
Mike's aunt had cancer and didn't change her ways to fully heal.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I'm so glad to see our buddies back on chat. It was lonely without Cowboy, Erin, Thalatte, Rosieredfoot, and others. Thanks Erin for celebrating with me for Baby Runt. He' losing his baby looks now that he's growing a bit. my sullies are enjoying their outdoor enclosure. We'll be working on the shed this weekend. I hope to put them into it soon so that they get use to the place as their permanent housing.

Yes Cowboy, I saw your post. I bad to go back two times to see what was for sale Lol. Good job with that.

How's everyone doing?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am frustrated. :( A couple of weeks ago my son asked me to pay off his Kohl's card for him in trade for a loan he had made me earlier. No problem and sounds simple right? Ha!

1) I tried paying it off online, no go since I did not have his card in my hand to get information off of.

2) Called the customer service folks. They were to bill my debit card the money.

3) Day later checked my bank acct. :( They took the money from my son's acct not mine. So up to the hill to call them to fix it. Talked to a female supervisor. She said she would fix it.

4) Day or two later I check my bank acct. They did remove it from my son's acct and charged mine. (I did not look close they actually charge me $10 extra .

5) A day or so later I looked at my bank acct. and guess what another charge was on it from Kohls making two payments each for $10 over the balance I had requested to be paid off. So go to the top of the hill and talked to a new supervisor (Nathan) which took two times them hanging up on me while I was on the endless hold. So Nathan was suppose to fix the issue.

6) A day or so later, one charge is gone, but the other one is still $10 over.

7) A couple of days later I am looking at my bank card tonight and guess what...that's right I have a new charge from them and this one is now $20 over. My son, not knowing the issues I have been having has now cancelled his card. So now I must go into my bank (45 miles away one way) get a paper copy of my statement and fax them it. (So more time, gas, and money for all that).

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Jacqui said:
I am frustrated. :( A couple of weeks ago my son asked me to pay off his Kohl's card for him in trade for a loan he had made me earlier. No problem and sounds simple right? Ha!

1) I tried paying it off online, no go since I did not have his card in my hand to get information off of.

2) Called the customer service folks. They were to bill my debit card the money.

3) Day later checked my bank acct. :( They took the money from my son's acct not mine. So up to the hill to call them to fix it. Talked to a female supervisor. She said she would fix it.

4) Day or two later I check my bank acct. They did remove it from my son's acct and charged mine. (I did not look close they actually charge me $10 extra .

5) A day or so later I looked at my bank acct. and guess what another charge was on it from Kohls making two payments each for $10 over the balance I had requested to be paid off. So go to the top of the hill and talked to a new supervisor (Nathan) which took two times them hanging up on me while I was on the endless hold. So Nathan was suppose to fix the issue.

6) A day or so later, one charge is gone, but the other one is still $10 over.

7) A couple of days later I am looking at my bank card tonight and guess what...that's right I have a new charge from them and this one is now $20 over. My son, not knowing the issues I have been having has now cancelled his card. So now I must go into my bank (45 miles away one way) get a paper copy of my statement and fax them it. (So more time, gas, and money for all that).

That sucks :( they should have to reimburse you for taking more than you authorized.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
This morning, Karen woke me with the sentence, “Your stupid dog got into a skunk again!" Seconds later confirmation came drifting into the bedroom. Stupid dog! Third time. Ugh.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Been too rainy here lately to work on plotting out Rosie's outdoor pen. And me having work everyday from like 3-10pm doesn't help much either since I sleep in, get up, eat, take care of the zoo, shower, do random chores that need to be done and go to work. Maybe tomorrow when I have a day off...

Trying to figure out a good outdoor pen solution that isn't permanently installed and is dog proof. I'm thinking a wood frame with the thicker wire on all sides and boards at her level to keep her from seeing out or being able to get caught in the wire.

Here's hoping for a non rainy day on my day off, or else I'm gonna need another good series for my kindle!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Kim:

I have quite a few James Patterson books, and all of the "Women's Murder Club" series is on Kindle...I think so far it's 1 through 11, but you can pre-order 12. I just finished #8, "The 8th Confession."

Then after lunch I watched two episodes of the 5th season of Wagon Train.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Happy Tuesday :)
I was so hectic today. I don't know why things are so crazy. :p

Oh I saw something sad tonight. I almost lost it. I saw a poor turtle in the road ran over. He or she was very large and had obviously passed on :( I was so sad. I almost had the instinct to get out in traffic and get the body off the road but I thought I might end up right there next to it.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Kerryann said:
Oh I saw something sad tonight. I almost lost it. I saw a poor turtle in the road ran over. He or she was very large and had obviously passed on :( I was so sad. I almost had the instinct to get out in traffic and get the body off the road but I thought I might end up right there next to it.

Had that happened, we would all have a turtle martyr. It is sad. Here, we never have the opportunity to see such things. Mainly possums which are not indigenous. .

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
Kerryann said:

Had that happened, we would all have a turtle martyr. It is sad. Here, we never have the opportunity to see such things. Mainly possums which are not indigenous. .

It was in the same spot where we saw a mom and about five ducklets get smooshed two years ago. We rescued the rest (10) and had them for the weekend until we could get in touch with a wildlife rehabilitation place. The neat thing was that the mom duck had rescued a stray and the odd duckling was a rare endangered type. He was so cute. well they were all cute. only 5 ended up making it when we went back to see them and I cried my eyes out but the woman said that the other two were probably weak. Here's a pic of them playing in the tub.

Obviously it's a pond crossing spot. :(

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
People just don't look or check their surroundings. I can't see someone running over a large turtle unless they were speeding and couldn't swerve in time. And, ducks especially a pond crossing is inexcusable. i don't know what kind of people are in this world, but I don't like it!!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI

sibi said:
People just don't look or check their surroundings. I can't see someone running over a large turtle unless they were speeding and couldn't swerve in time. And, ducks especially a pond crossing is inexcusable. i don't know what kind of people are in this world, but I don't like it!!!

The person who hit the ducks kept driving. We got out and boxed them up. It took forever.
The turtle was in the middle of one of the lanes. It was in heavy traffic area and on a curve. I can't imagine how you wouldn't see it still. :(

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I lived on lake street in a town in NJ. and i saw a large, large tortoise off the side of the road. I ran down the stairs and outside for fear that someone would hit the tort. The speed limit on that suburban road was 35, but people use to speed much faster to get to the nearby hwy. Anyhow, I get to the tortoise who was struggling to get to the lake side and its carapace was cracked clear through. I cried and moved it further off the road. He,she was still alive. I called animal control to send someone to get it to a vet. I said it probably needed to be euthanized, but I didn't want it to suffer anymore. That may be why I have torts today. I just love those buggers!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
There was a study done at one point in time that worked out the percentages of people that would go out of there way to run over a snake. From what I remember the highest percentage were males 18-28 yrs. no quotes. People are messed up and I think often they don't know it.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI

Cowboy_Ken said:
There was a study done at one point in time that worked out the percentages of people that would go out of there way to run over a snake. From what I remember the highest percentage were males 18-28 yrs. no quotes. People are messed up and I think often they don't know it.

Killing anything that way just boggles my mind.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I believe it to be a control issue. Not a lack of self control, but a controlling something issue.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI

sibi said:
I lived on lake street in a town in NJ. and i saw a large, large tortoise off the side of the road. I ran down the stairs and outside for fear that someone would hit the tort. The speed limit on that suburban road was 35, but people use to speed much faster to get to the nearby hwy. Anyhow, I get to the tortoise who was struggling to get to the lake side and its carapace was cracked clear through. I cried and moved it further off the road. He,she was still alive. I called animal control to send someone to get it to a vet. I said it probably needed to be euthanized, but I didn't want it to suffer anymore. That may be why I have torts today. I just love those buggers!

Aww that's so sad :(

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I think it's even worse than a control issue. A famous philosopher named Kant once said that purposely killing any animal is a prelude to human abuse or violence, and I wholeheartedly agree with him. I've seen more about the dark side of people than anyone should ever experience. And, each time, it started with the abuse of animals.So, if you ask me, I think people who purposely hurt or kill animal, prey on the most vulnerable. That's not just mental instability, which can also be the case, but it's just plain evil!!!
Cowboy_Ken said:
I believe it to be a control issue. Not a lack of self control, but a controlling something issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.