Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
I feel like that every morning. Lol.

Some woman is suing a makeup company claiming their 24 hour makeup doesn't last 24 hours. I love America!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah, and a while back someone was suing the sandwich store because the foot-long sub wasn't quite a foot long.

What's wrong with these people?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
They don't have turtles/tortoises. If they did, they wouldn't have all this free time in their hands to come up with this stuff.

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
Jacqui said:
Good Morning!​

That is awesome! Made me smile today. Now can someone come help me pressure wash this house! Its going to be 90 today and I have to work in the sun all day... No Bueno!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
90 in San Francisco? That's terrible!!!!! I'm from SF, where we wore sweaters or jackets every day outside. Lived there for about 20 years. Give me good old Clovis heat any day over SF fog. Every evening you could see the fog start rolling down over the hills. At least here we only get fog in the winter time.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It's only going to be in the 40s today with snow moving in.

I don't mind law suits where things are sold as something and found to be false. What I did not like was the one where they won the one with McDonald's coffee being hot.

Cowboy_Ken said:
I'll help do yours if I can borrow the pressure washer after for our house. I'm using a bucket and scrub brush.

To bad your not close. I have the machine out in the garage, I tried it once didn't like it, so now it just sits.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh no, Jacqui! You're still getting snow? Here is it May 1st. Its supposed to be spring time. I have to admit, it gets pretty hot here in the summer, but I'd still rather live here than there. I just hate cold weather!!!!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Jeff has been driving in snow all morning trying to get out of CO before it gets shut down. We are suppose to get an inch of it tonight.

Sorta frustrating because you have to just sit and wait to see how the cold/snow reacts to the plants that are out there now. I keep putting off planting the tomatoes and peppers because each week we seem to have a day or two of cold then go back to hot (80s).

I did see that yesterday the grapes are just now starting to bud out. :rolleyes:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah, I saw on the news that one of the Dakotas was having a really bad storm problem and it was heading east. Well, hopefully,this will be the last of it for you and next week you can just plant and sit in the sun to your heart's content!

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
Unfortunately I'm inland more then SF (East Bay, WC) no ocean breeze for us. :(
I'm renting the pressure washer, its $45 for the day, but Ive never used one and now my husband is terrified that I'm going to shoot a window out. No faith...LOL
I'm an official "Valley Girl" from LA back in the 80's so I should be used to the heat. (110 in the summers in Northridge) but I've become old and spoiled to the Bay Area weather, so 90 degrees to too hot for this chick!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
“Like Oh My God!" Be careful with the end of the p. w. a friend of mine took of the tip of an index finger when he reached to tighten the tip, nozzle.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I recall us making a deliver to SF and how cold it was there after roasting every where else. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.