Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Middle of nowhere
Jacqui said:
Yes, grams.

Poo, my dang computer crashed the day after this :( I really need to break down and get the app for my phone!

Yes, grams... holy cow can you imagine him being 100lbs!!!!? YIKES, with his attitude he'd be destroying the house.

School is okay, finals are this week. I am never taking calculus online again... this teacher ruined it for me. I always turned everything in on time and felt pretty confident about it... but he NEVER posted grades until about a week ago, and I have a C in the class because apparently I had no idea what I was doing, but how was I supposed to know without seeing the grades I got on my homework and quizzes? :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
How did you do that? I couldn't find the IMG or the URL.

Thanks, Jacqui...I copied the codes from your post using my super moderator powers!

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
I think I'll rent the smallest unit, 1000psi just so I don't hurt myself or the house. Our old neighbor (a crazy ex-felon meth-head) used to pressure wash his trees in the middle of the night. You could see that thing taking off full branches. Dont ask me why he would wash his trees but I'm guessing it was the same reason he was digging a hold in his yard to "look for dinosaurs".

Small and simple works for me. Just want to remove dirt and cobwebs, not my fingers or siding.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Take the cobwebs down with a broom first. Otherwise, you will blast the webs to your house.
As for why a meth head was doing anything odd, I think the operative question would start with why be a meth head.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
CourtneyAndCarl said:
Is anyone here a big aquarium person?

Karen, my very patient wife, is very much into aquariums. Tropical fresh.

But neither of us are very “big"! Lol

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I've got a 55 gallon aquarium but it has rodents in it... Does that make me a big aquarium person? Just kidding :p

Had so much trouble falling asleep last night.. But with no work today I slept in till 11 to make up for it.

Seems like today isn't rainy, but all that rain certainly did bring about a whole swarm of mosquitoes! Since I didn't grow up here my body swells up more in response to these mozzies than it used to so I'm not looking forward to my first few bites >.<

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
How big? I have a 60gal.

The ex-neighbor was fun to watch from afar. Just tried to avoid any real interaction with him. He wasn't playing with a full deck when he was sober, add in a few chemicals and he was down right scary. After he moved out we found out that he had removed the boards between our fences and was entering our back yard at night. We found all kinds of our stuff in his house after he left. My kayak paddles, my husbands mountain bike parts, our plants... We moved shortly there after too.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Fortunately, we've never had any issues out here. It's amazing the affect blue and red strobe lights can have on the seedy side of society. Just turn them on a couple times randomly in the darkness of night and paranoid folks just move on.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Ok, I take that back.. It's dreary and looking like it wants to rain again, plus it's getting blustery.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I tell people that we don't have neighborhood watch here, we have neighborhood swat. The tag line is, “If you're not in my crosshairs, you're in my neighbors". Respectful folks laugh, the bad side look at each other all uncomfortable like!

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
That is so funny, the neighbor across the street installed strobe lights, so any movement on the property set it off. It did work for her. Its sad when good neighborhoods go bad. After 11 years there we had to move for our kids sake. Everyone is much happier now and my kids can play outside again.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
As for home security, the sheriff deputy lives across the road and usually has a patrol car parked very visibly. We've accidentally left the front door unlocked and nothing bad happened. Which is unusual in a lot of suburban areas nowadays.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
littlestella said:
We found all kinds of our stuff in his house after he left. My kayak paddles, my husbands mountain bike parts, our plants... We moved shortly there after too.

Question... how would you have found your stuff in his house after he moved?

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
He moved out in the middle of the night and left the house wide open, the next day we found the whole in the fence and went looking around. Every door and window was wide open, it turned out the bank had foreclosed on him. He trashed the whole house.

Hole... Auto type is not my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.